Page 12 of 144 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: COPYING - IN TAMIL FILM HISTORY

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Balaji...

Reagarding Vedha and Shanker Ganesh, we no need to mention each and every song they copied from Hindi. It is well known. Even Deva also (he will copy from Hindi, Telugu, Malayalam and old Tamil tunes and devotional songs also).

For example: "Padhinettu vayasu Ila mottu manasu...yengudhu paai poda" (film: sooriyan) was stolen from a devotional hit of Soolamangalam Rajalaxmi.

Rajan Nagendra's "Veettukku veedu vaasappadi" (film: V.V.Vaasapadi) was stolen from M.S.V.'s "Meenaattam kann konda meenaatchi" (film: Pillaiyo Pillai)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Sharadha,

Yesterday's Veda is today's Deva !!! Just jumble Veda and you will get Deva !!!
    That is the truth and Deva can never be original

Oru penn puraa ( Annamalai ) is a download from Jeeyay tu jeeyay ( from Saajan )

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I accept IR and MSV are having their originality (very rare inspiration of other tunes).

When Veda, Deva, Shanker-Ganesh copying from other Tamil songs and HIndi songs, so we can easily find out and identify them.

But what about the present MDs.??. Are they fully original..??. As per my view all present songs are in same pattern (especially Vijay's group songs).

Can abybody guarentee that 'Yuvan Shanker Raja's tunes are fully (or mostly) original...?????. No picking from English albums..??. Comparing to YSR, Vidhyasagar is somewhat original.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a difference between outright copying and taking inspiration out of a song and adding value.

I think Sankar Ganesh, Deva , Veda will come under Outright copying and rest under latter.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a saying

Form is temporary , class is permanent - In cricket

For Greats like MSV and IR- Class is permanent

For others - also ran

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by saradhaa_sn
    Comparing to YSR, Vidhyasagar is somewhat original.
    VS is good, but not as good as you project him to be - For me he is just a modern IR - not in terms of quality, but his tunes are very IRish and sometimes go as near as 'copy', but he presents them in latest style and thats his success formula - I can never listen to a song and say "this is VS's song", then where is the question of originality ?

Ofcourse, he has given some great numbers like aalanguyil in parthiban kanavu, poo vaasam from anbe sivam etc., But when it comes to class, he is as good as any other MD today, not in IR / ARR class !

NagaS
    NagaS

My Blog (Tamil): http://nchokkan.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NagaS
    Comparing to YSR, Vidhyasagar is somewhat original.
    VS is good, but not as good as you project him to be - For me he is just a modern IR - not in terms of quality, but his tunes are very IRish and sometimes go as near as 'copy', but he presents them in latest style and thats his success formula - I can never listen to a song and say "this is VS's song", then where is the question of originality ?

Ofcourse, he has given some great numbers like aalanguyil in parthiban kanavu, poo vaasam from anbe sivam etc., But when it comes to class, he is as good as any other MD today, not in IR / ARR class !

rarely we hear melodies today. Really concerning . AR to be blamed for this changed scenario .

One has to search for melodies.Really sad.

NagaS

Post Thanks / Like
    Barathwaj made two songs with same one tune:

1) Niyabagam varuthey...nyabagam varuthey... (Autograph)

2) Avaravar Vaazhkaiyil aayiram aayiram maatrangal... (Paandavar Boomi)

By the way, the song "Sollaayo solaikili"..(i dont know the MD) is the pure 'xerox' copy of Viswanatahn-Ramamoorthy's "Kallellaam Maanika kallaaguma" (Aalayamani).....

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, the song "Sollaayo solaikili"..(i dont know the MD) is the pure 'xerox' copy of Viswanatahn-Ramamoorthy's "Kallellaam Maanika kallaaguma" (Aalayamani).....

the song "Sollaayo solaikili"..(i dont know the MD) - Its an A.R.Rahman song
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Post Thanks / Like
    ARR's levels are too high. I dont think he has time to hear other songs and get inspired.

All his composings should be original only