Page 102 of 144 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1439

Thread: COPYING - IN TAMIL FILM HISTORY

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before someone jumping to reply to my post, let me add a clarification:

IMO, people doing MD for films should not be compared with Bach/Beethoven/Mozart as the compulsions / measuring parameters for both groups are entirely different. IMO, the MD who takes an old MSV tune (or a similar source), cleverly modifies the old pallavi to his saraNam or the old saraNam to his pallavi or make it a little slower or faster, change one or two notes deliberately here and there to somehow hide the resemblance, and in the end earn a public name for great "creativity" is a much bigger criminal than these stupid remixers...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    NOV

I was already corrected by vijay as to who the composers were...in any case, it's not unusual for devotional songs to use film tunes (and vice versa)...

Post Thanks / Like
    >>MSV was way too busy to do devotional albums during then<<

vElai vetti illAdhavanga dhAn devotional album seivAnga'nnu solReengaLA?)

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    appadi illa app_engine

devotional albums then and now are very rarely done for devotion purposes. production of such albums are for making quick bucks, as the costs are low and paybacks high.

that being the case, producers of such albums do not seek out high end MDs as then the production costs will shoot up.

they are content with mnimum instruments, low costs and high turnover.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber MrJudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vijayr
    It doesnt change the fact, that it is still not an original song.
    People already told you that it is a remix song, that means no one claims here it is original. For which post you replied with the above line dude?? Atleast I took some time but looks like you are still taking your time
    'யுவன் இன்றி ஓரணுவும் அசையாது!'

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buggle

i said ARR used suprabhatham tune in the interlude of marghazhi poove, i didn't say it was a total remix...
    but you did mention it as an example for devotional remix by other MDs before YSR, which is wrong. Thanks for noting it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    IMO, remixes / rearrangements should be discussed separate from "copied songs". While both are not originals (and the MD doesn't get any credit in both cases for his output), there is a difference. In the case of remix, he does not get "thiruttupattam" (as he acknowledges the original, buys the right etc. which is like getting a news from Reuters / PTI and publish verbatim in The Hindu, albeit with different font / color / arrangement....and hence legal). In the other case, he gets the esteemed title
    Remixes are different from copied/inspired songs for sure.
    But, How many times have you seen the song being mentioned as a remix in the CD credits(or the original composer's name being mentioned)? Unless otherwise it is done so, the general listener would'nt know whether it was an original song or remix(unless otherwise they have heard the original song before on their own).
    Many here initially thought that YSR was the original composer for "kanda naaL mudhaai' song. There were few sites that were praising this song in their reviews not knowing it was not an original. So that is equivalent to getting credit for doing something not original. Unless otherwise the listener himself is aware of the original he would'nt know that it is a remix.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJudge
    People already told you that it is a remix song, that means no one claims here it is original. For which post you replied with the above line dude
    for the post just before that by Buggle. You obviously did'nt get the context.
    I was not trying to define what a remix song is, merely pointing out to him that there is nothing to rejoice about the fact that the entire song was unoriginal(even if lifted with legal permission) as against what I earlier thought was just a single-line inspiration. He was commenting with glee that it was a legally approved remix, as if that somehow made YSR more competent as a MD

Post Thanks / Like
    >>How many times have you seen the song being mentioned as a remix in the CD credits(or the original composer's name being mentioned)? <<

They should be doing it! (for e.g. any Paul Mauriat CD will have the complete details of the original, year etc. even who owns the rights).

சொல்லவில்லை என்றால், அதுவும் ஒரு வகை திருட்டு தான்...though not legally, morally (i.e. from the angle of getting credit from naive listeners)...

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    சொல்லவில்லை என்றால், அதுவும் ஒரு வகை திருட்டு தான்......
    pidippattaal thaan oruththan thirudan
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!