Page 101 of 144 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1439

Thread: COPYING - IN TAMIL FILM HISTORY

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buggle
    I
    PS:I am not a big YSR fan, but atleast i wont fill up these pages with incorrect information...
    You have already done that. Maargazhi poove is'nt an example for devotional remixed song like you said earlier. It uses only a small portion of the original devotional chant as an instrumental piece in the ludes. The tune of that song is totally different and original. It can be called an inspiration at best. Next time get the correct example before you jump in to ridicule someone else

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a question :
    "There is a song in Pithamagan that was quite popular Whenever I think of REMIXES, that comes to my mind. Probably a collection of songs thrown here and there to make a SOUP / MASALA of ALL SONGS. A perfect REMIX !
    I think the REMIX KING Yuvan still has not defeated his FATHER IN THIS CASE
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    One more - the tune of 'kaNNAl pEsum peNNe, ennai mannippAyA' from mozhi(VS) sounds very similar to 'nee dhAn en dEsiya geetham ranjanA ranjanA' of pArthalE paravasam(ARR)...
    While I don't think there's any similarity between the two, Kannaal pesum penne was based on Vidyasagar's own Malayalam song, 'Walking in the moonlight' from the film Satyam Shivam Sundaram (2000). Paarthaale Paravasam came out in 2001

Listen to the Walking in the moonlight, here (last track in both pages)...

http://www.raaga.com/channels/malaya.../M0000654.html

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/musi...director.1296/

Karthik

Senior Member Veteran Hubber MrJudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vijayr
    It doesnt change the fact, that it is still not an original song. Just the source is different. In fact it is a remix of a partially lifted/inspired song. And remixes technically qualify as lifts or copied songs(even if they are legally approved in which case it just becomes a legal lift). what is funnier is some loser YSR fans thinking that it is perfectly OK to lift and remix devotional songs as long as prior permission is obtained. Time is not far off when they will actually applaud YSR for releasing a fully remixed devotional album (with full prior permission of course). First Kanda naaL mudhalaai, now karpoora naayagiye, next what? Marudhamalai maamaNiye?
    Remix can't be original, well it should not be! Looks like some people don't even understand the basics of it and they form their opinions based on their ignorance!
    'யுவன் இன்றி ஓரணுவும் அசையாது!'

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJudge
    It doesnt change the fact, that it is still not an original song. Just the source is different. In fact it is a remix of a partially lifted/inspired song. And remixes technically qualify as lifts or copied songs(even if they are legally approved in which case it just becomes a legal lift). what is funnier is some loser YSR fans thinking that it is perfectly OK to lift and remix devotional songs as long as prior permission is obtained. Time is not far off when they will actually applaud YSR for releasing a fully remixed devotional album (with full prior permission of course). First Kanda naaL mudhalaai, now karpoora naayagiye, next what? Marudhamalai maamaNiye?
    Remix can't be original, well it should not be! Looks like some people don't even understand the basics of it and they form their opinions based on their ignorance!
    Judge, it seems vijayr won't realize at all

vijayr, YSR is doing remixes, yes. So what dude? Remix is a legal one when it comes with proper permission. If you don't want leave it (even i don't want). That's all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Remix can't be original, well it should not be!
    Well naatamai, you atleast understood that, good, although it took some time. So there is nothing to feel happy about the fact that your MD leads in remixing. Because musically, it is still copying someone else's hard work and is unoriginal(even if legally it is OK). It makes him more of a remix artist than a MD. That's why I was trying to explain it to you and the other guy(who thought the fact that the song was a legal remix and not a single-line lift somehow puts YSR in a higher pedestal).

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remix can't be original, well it should not be!
    Well naatamai, you atleast understood that, good, although it took some time. So there is nothing to feel happy about the fact that your MD leads in remixing. Because musically, it is still copying someone else's hard work and is unoriginal(even if legally it is OK). It makes him more of a remix artist than a MD. That's why I was trying to explain it to you and the other guy(who thought the fact that the song was a legal remix and not a single-line lift somehow puts YSR in a higher pedestal).
    Mr.Genius, please read my previous post carefully, i said ARR used suprabhatham tune in the interlude of marghazhi poove, i didn't say it was a total remix...
    Thanks for taking your time to correct me, but before doing that try to get the correct source/info...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, remixes / rearrangements should be discussed separate from "copied songs". While both are not originals (and the MD doesn't get any credit in both cases for his output), there is a difference. In the case of remix, he does not get "thiruttupattam" (as he acknowledges the original, buys the right etc. which is like getting a news from Reuters / PTI and publish verbatim in The Hindu, albeit with different font / color / arrangement....and hence legal). In the other case, he gets the esteemed title

Going by the same analogy, brief phrases of well-known stuff like 'alai pAyudhE', 'suprabhAtham', 'vArAyen thOzhi vArAyO', 'sindhu nadhiyin misai' etc can be taken as "quotations"...(pAvam, MD's pizhaichchu pOgattum...they are just acknowledging the great originals like people quoting thirukkuRaL)...

I think we must focus on identifying the 'darling-darling's and 'nAn dhAnE oru pudhukkavidhai's...

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    Another question - is the Hindi song prior to the LRE song? I'm sure the Mariamman song is released after the entry of IR into TFM - probably late 70's or 80's. Was MSV inspired by a Hindi song?...

wrong on both counts.
    album came out in 60s. other songs: Maariyamma Engal Maariyamma , Thaaye Karumaari, Karunai Ullam Kondavale, Chellatha Engal Maariyaththa, Angaalamma, Verkaadu Vaazhnthirukkum, Devi Karumaari Amma.

music was NOT by MSV.
    Sri Krishna Ganam which came out in the early 70s was the only album by MSV (as a favour for Kannadhasan).
    MSV was way too busy to do devotional albums during then.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buggle
    .... i said ARR used suprabhatham tune in the interlude of marghazhi poove, ...
    for literal copy of suprapaadham, listen to IR's sriranga ranga naadhanin paadham vandhanam seyyadi from Mahanadhi.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!