Page 100 of 144 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1439

Thread: COPYING - IN TAMIL FILM HISTORY

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It doesnt change the fact, that it is still not an original song. Just the source is different. In fact it is a remix of a partially lifted/inspired song. And remixes technically qualify as lifts or copied songs(even if they are legally approved in which case it just becomes a legal lift). what is funnier is some loser YSR fans thinking that it is perfectly OK to lift and remix devotional songs as long as prior permission is obtained. Time is not far off when they will actually applaud YSR for releasing a fully remixed devotional album (with full prior permission of course). First Kanda naaL mudhalaai, now karpoora naayagiye, next what? Marudhamalai maamaNiye?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another question - is the Hindi song prior to the LRE song? I'm sure the Mariamman song is released after the entry of IR into TFM - probably late 70's or 80's. Was MSV inspired by a Hindi song?...

One more - the tune of 'kaNNAl pEsum peNNe, ennai mannippAyA' from mozhi(VS) sounds very similar to 'nee dhAn en dEsiya geetham ranjanA ranjanA' of pArthalE paravasam(ARR)...

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure if MSV was the MD, but the Hindi song came in the late 50s. So if the Mariamman song came later then MSV or whoever composed it has definitely used the first line

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I saw the disk of the LRE songs and remember MSV as the composer...but it's a very distant memory and could be wrong... it also had other songs like 'chellAththA...thanga mAriyAththA'...'vERkAttil vAzhndhirukkum Adhi parAsakthiyavaL' etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    MSV did compose KrishNa-gaanam which had some great songs. Not sure about this Maariyamman songs collection.

Post Thanks / Like
    according to this link the composers are Somu-Gaja, who seem to have composed few other devotional songs in this album along with Kunnakudi Vaidyanathan
    http://shopping.chennaionline.com/mu...ARI-L.R.ESWARI

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    We all know the fact that it's a remix from Karpoora Nayagiyae and also YSR is not the first to do this devotional remix..
    Previously Deva did for Kanda Sashti Kavasam - Pathinettu vayathu(Suriyan) and ARR used suprabhatham tune in the interludes of Marghazhi Poove(May Madham).

Post Thanks / Like
    we also know that YSR, being the remix king, does it more often than anyone else He might set a record soon with Billa

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was quite evident from the earlier post that someone just wants to bash YSR and that's why even without knowing the background of the particular song they post some garbage here...
    No point in arguing..i give up..

PS:I am not a big YSR fan, but atleast i wont fill up these pages with incorrect information...

Post Thanks / Like
    Somu-Gaja...interesting.
    I never remember seeing those names before. Well, it's not unusual for some musicians to use film tunes for devotional albums. In fact a number of Nahoor Hanifa songs had famous hindi film tunes.

However, MSV has done at least one devotional album with LRE. Can't remember which songs were there as it's many years since I saw the record cover with a "mike-set" fellow, having pictures of both the artists ...may be some other songs...