Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mychael Danna messes with ARR's Water score

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

:-)) (@ 128.*) on: Tue Dec 21 04:14:55 EST 2004

>>>
    "In fact, I heard the early mixes for Mr Rahman’s songs and I thought the electronic elements were inappropriate for this movie
    <<<

Realizing things a bit late...well, better late than never

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

zz (@ 203.*) on: Tue Dec 21 07:48:02 EST 2004

Observer:

even if ARR did the BGM, how much could he have done it..
    The film was stalled completely in varanasi....
    It was reshot in Srilanka after 3 odd years...so I now believe that ARR only composed songs for this period films and if what donna says is to be believed then the songs might probably come out untouched.

Post Thanks / Like

Dude (@ 199.*) on: Tue Dec 21 12:16:37 EST 2004

This really sucks... Will anybody know what exactly this guy will do to the music.

If the album becomes a flop, ppl will say Mychael Danna already said so...

If the album becomes a hit, ppl will say Mychael Danna must have tweaked it, thats y it worked!

I wish ARR himself handled the bgm too

Post Thanks / Like

observer (@ 208.*) on: Tue Dec 21 15:54:39 EST 2004

Dude:

Good point.

Post Thanks / Like

vambu (@ 136.*) on: Tue Dec 21 16:34:45 EST 2004

The question is why should the producer go to another guy when ARR has international name & fame? Even AGW is working with him and so is chinese and hollywood, but why not this water-wala who came to ARR in the first place?

Now don't tell ARR is too busy and does not have time etc for this project...it was his project and now another is messing around with it. (Much like certain other connections that seem to slip away from him). Has this got something to do with his recently well-known haughtiness (which was veiled by the `all-from-allah' stuff before, in his upcoming days)

Post Thanks / Like

vambu (@ 136.*) on: Tue Dec 21 16:36:28 EST 2004

Read AGW as ALW (Andrew Lloyd Webber)...

Post Thanks / Like

Dude (@ 199.*) on: Tue Dec 21 16:54:19 EST 2004

vambu,

going by ur logic, anu mallik should never ever get a chance to score music again...

observer, thanks

Post Thanks / Like

vambu (@ 136.*) on: Tue Dec 21 18:12:13 EST 2004

Dude, Why do you fall into the trap of dragging someone else - typical of fanatics who wish to protect their fav MD at any cost while throwing mud on others...I thought you do not belong to that category....

Post Thanks / Like

observer (@ 208.*) on: Tue Dec 21 18:35:03 EST 2004

Vambu:

"Now don't tell ARR is too busy and does not have time etc for this project..."

Given the chaotic, sporadic and spread-out production of the film I wouldn't be surprised if that was indeed the case. Rahman's schedules are hardly so open as to accomodate this kind of film-making, which brings me to my next, rather controversial, point, namely, should Rahman curtail his international ambitions, atleast for a couple of years?

I know his fans love the idea of Rahman gallivanting abroad, it has the same glamour that lies behind the flight of Indian urban youth overseas, the lure of the dollar and of international living standards, not to mention the envy and admiration of people back home. But maybe its time now for Rahman to follow the advice offered in Swades and re-invest his talents in India.

The reason I say this is that his current career strategy is stretching him too thin. At least some of his recent films could have done with more focus on his part, Lakeer, say, or Dil Ne. We don't know what LOTR will bring, in the form of adulation or abuse, when it finally releases, but will it make up for ground lost at home? And ground has been lost, whatever fans say.

He should've been doing SLB's Black. After all that was why, one presumes, he went to the trouble of opening channels with the director. Soon after the encounter between the two, announcements of an SLB-ARR team-up were all over the place, yet as Black's release approaches one hears of Monty doing the BGM duties. Once again ARR was not available.

While I personally don't comprehend SLB's so-called-greatness, there is no denying that his impact in the North is huge, approaching that of Mani in the South. Hence Black is a major opportunity lost.

All I can say is LOTR better be worth all this absenteeism.

Post Thanks / Like

Dude (@ 209.*) on: Tue Dec 21 21:44:57 EST 2004

vambuji,

ouch that hurt... but u are right! the anu malik analogy is taken back!

But seriously, i dont think any MD being haughty or otherwise makes a difference in his/her chances. I dont know how to put it without giving analogies or taking other MDs' names.

And on the topic of ARR becoming haughty, thats just how you look at it. Where as, you seem to put it in a as-a-matter-of-fact tone. And while we are it, the 'all-from-allah ...' statement was totally unnecessary. I dont know how you can insult someone's spiritual integrity like this; however much you may hate that person...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast