Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Raja (@ 220.*) on: Fri Feb 6 07:31:22 EST 2004

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Raja (@ 220.*) on: Fri Feb 6 07:34:01 EST 2004

Her interview in 08/02/2004 Annadha Vikatan.
    Go to http://www.vikatan.com

Post Thanks / Like

C~P (@ 61.1*) on: Fri Feb 6 08:34:55 EST 2004

naan usual-a heading a paarthu dhaan post pannuvaen...i havent done anything different here!

Post Thanks / Like

**** (@ 220.*) on: Sat Feb 7 03:12:26 EST 2004

Ferrari,

"dushtanai kandaal dhoora vilagunrathu sari" yaaru inga dushtan?
    Naan ketta vaarthikalla Internet la maddumilla engaeyum use panna kuudaathunnu ninyakkeravanpa.Appadi irunthe enna ippadi aakkiddeengalae.Ithu neayamaappa?
    Ungallku madduma "Nayakan Style" therum?
    >>>>Ferrari-"Imagine shreya singing the song "adada alva thundu un iduppu" at Vijayakanth"---- Appadinnu eluthureenga.ungala thiruthunga. Naan kopappadalai.

>>>>lollu- "avale oru waste,avala rate panra nee oru waste!" (to Jhankaar) ----
    Appadinnu eluthuraaru.avanagala nirutha sollunga Naan kopappadalai.

>>>>Senthil-"vennai,kenapaya,ur life time will be numbered!!! shut ur mouth" (to lollu)----

>>>>lollu- "chumma blinda tension aagathe da,venna" (to Senthil)----

>>>>C~P- Dress poatirukeenga-la?! ----
    Appadinnu Kekkuraaru.avanagala nirutha sollunga Naan kopappadalai.

>>>> Singer Shreya Ghoshal lku threads start pannitu musicala ellutherathukku pathila "Shreya You are beautiful,I love you" nu pullampuraanga.
    avanagala nirutha sollunga Naan kopappadalai................

>>>>"shreya paavam. avangalukku ippadi ellam fans irukaanga apapdinu therinja avanga paadaradhaye niruthiduvaanga?" Appadya? If Shreya will read your thoughts like this:-
    >>>>"Imagine shreya singing the song "adada alva thundu un iduppu" at Vijayakanth"????? then she stop singing.

Vijayakanth thoppyna avallavu illppama?Kiran thoppy,Jothika thoppay poy ippo Vijayakanth thoppyla ky vicheddeengla?Orutheroda udaleyal reethiyana kuraykala kindall pannuvathil appadi enna santhosam ungallukku?Do you don't feel that?

**** na unga pasiyalla ketta vartiya?????Adap paavenglla!!!!!!(Ungalluku nalla sintheniyae varaathaapa?????) My God!!!!!
    **** na "en payra indhe aniyaaya sandyilla illukka virumpallainu arthem"_Ithu En pasiyalla.
    *na Computer Languagela ellam(All of things)nu arthem.
    Eg:- select * from [Table Name]; _Ithu Computer pasiyalla.

Ithukku maelyum"Inga vandhu pesina naalu peru ippadi dhaan pesuvom. Enna panna mudiyum? (murukkifying meesai). Ennale pannuve?" enru kaedda Naan onnum panna maadaen.Namakku mela kalavull enru oruther irukkaru.Avar paarthuppar.

Pnnurathellaam neenga panniddu enna kuttam sonna nyayamaapa?
    Enna Ullakampa!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Charlotte & Jhankaar (@ 203.*) on: Sat Feb 7 04:21:39 EST 20

Shreya Ghoshal

The twinkle in her eyes takes you deep into the creative world. Her sweet smile can soothe many a tense nerves, but her biggest asset is her melodious voice. A good singer with a good a voice – a rare phenomenon that has happened to Bollywood. Winner of eight major awards including the national award, 2003. Discover the child prodigy – Shreya Ghoshal, who greeted me with her favorite song, Aji rooth kar ab kahan jaayiyega, jahaan jaayiyega hame paayiyega…how truly said. As these days, she is extremely busy recording, virtually every movie has at least one song rendered by her (Jahan Suniyega, Shreya ko paayiyega). In spite of her hectic schedule, Shreya managed to grant an interview in between recordings. Shreya Ghoshal in conversation with Francis Coutinho from Showbizindia.com

SB : How did your first break in playback singing come about?
    SG : Well my first break came through TVS Sa Re Ga Ma, the music talent hunt show on Zee TV. Being a perpetual contestant and winner of several episodes, I was selected for the 75th Children’s special episode of TVS Sa Re Ga Ma, which I won. Later on, I also won the children’s mega final show way back in 1996, at the age of twelve. During one of the episodes, Sanjay Leela Bhansali had heard me and was very impressed by my performance. Sanjayji remembered me, and after a year and a half, he called me. That’s how Devdas happened to me, which was my debut film as a playback singer.

SB : What were your early days like as a singer?
    SG : My early days as a singer started from the age of four, well I really don’t remember the fourth year of my life (says Shreya with her bubbly attitude). But as my parents say, I was very surili (melodious). My mother was a good singer and whenever she used to play any note on the harmonium, I used to sing correctly of my own. My father recognized the talent in me and decided to give me proper training. But there was a problem in the beginning, there were not many singing teachers available, as in those days, I was living in an isolated place called, Rawatbhata near Kota, Rajasthan, where my father was posted as an Engineer in the nuclear power plant by the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd. Later on I started going to Kota, where I had to travel for 70 kms, once a week. Thereafter, I started learning proper Hindustani classical music.

SB : How did you get to sing for Devdas and what was the selection process like?
    SG : In fact Sanjayji had already decided that I would be singing for Paro (Aishwarya Rai), but he wanted the music director, Ismail Darbar to hear me. So he called me for about three days, it was unlike an audition rather than a get together, a kind of a Mehfil, which all of them enjoyed very much.

SB : From winning accolades as a child singer to working with some of the top names in the film and music business … how was the journey like?
    SG : The journey has been very enjoyable right from the beginning. I have always targeted doing good work. Yet, it’s a big achievement that in a year I have won so many awards, especially the national award, it’s a very big honour and I believe it’s one of the biggest reasons that I have started working better.

Post Thanks / Like

charlotte & jhankaar (@ 203.*) on: Sat Feb 7 04:22:12 EST 20

SB : How did life change after the huge success of Devdas?
    SG : Personally life has not changed much, I am still the same person. But professionally life has changed a lot, the schedules are hectic and I enjoy all that very much. In fact, on a day when I don’t have work, I feel bored. I think after Devdas, people know me, even though they have taken time to recognize and slowly they are getting the feel and essence of Shreya in the industry. I am grateful to all those people who have shown faith in me and continue doing so.

SB : What is the essence of Shreya?
    SG : The essence of Shreya is that when I go to the studio, I just don’t go and sing on the mike and come back. I enjoy interacting with people, the way I joke, they say I have a good sense of humour. I cannot just simply sing in a tense situation, and that is very important. I need a very conducive atmosphere, with khaana-pina, mauj- masti, so that I can give my best. That is the essence of Shreya.

SB : Who is your favourite singer in Indian as well as Western music?
    SG : I enjoy Symphony and instrumental in western music. But Indian music is definitely my soul. I have heard and learnt a lot from most of the Indian singers. I believe it’s a blend of all of them in me, as I have heard all of them so many times since childhood that all of them are my favorite, I patronise everyone. For western music I don’t think I have any favorite singer in particular, but the ABBA group is my favorite, and I like the song, ‘I have a dream‘

SB : What would Shreya Ghosal be if she were not a singer?
    SG : I will have to ask God for that. But I think I was destined to be a singer. Actually I belong to a highly academic family. My father is an Electronics Engineer, employed with Nuclear Power Corporation India Ltd. as a Chief Engineer. My mother is a postgraduate in literature. I have studied science till the twelfth, and at the moment I am pursuing my final year in B.A. But had I not got to sing for Devdas, then perhaps I would have ended up doing medicine or biotechnology, as my other major interest is towards genetic engineering. But ultimately I feel, whatever I would have done, I would have definitely returned to music.

SB : Given a choice what would you like to sing that would be memorable?
    SG : There is one song that keeps haunting me constantly… ‘Kis Tarah Bhoolega Dil, Unka Khayal Aaya Hua, Jaa Nahin Sakta Kabhi…’ it was a song sung by Noor Jahan. It has got fantastic music, which penetrates deep into the soul. I also prefer singing romantic songs, as I feel my voice has a texture that suits romantic songs and I can project my voice very well, but I am also comfortable singing sad songs or peppy songs, it’s a real challenge.

SB : In which languages have you sung, besides Hindi?
    SG : I have recorded in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali, and Marathi, besides Hindi.

SB : Other than Devdas, which Hindi movies have you recorded for?
    SG : Well apart from Devdas, I have done Jism, Saaya, Inteha, Out of Control, Khakee, Munnabhai MBBS, Dhoop, Kuchh Kaha Aapne, Aarman, Desh Devi, Tujhe Meri Kasam, LOC, Aetbaar, Police Force etc.

SB : Which are the other awards that you have won, besides the national award?
    SG : It was a great honour to win the National Award 2003, as a best playback singer (female). But besides that I have also won other awards like, Filmfare Award, Filmfare R. D. Burman Award, Zee-Cine Award, Sansui Award, Stardust Award, IFFA Award and AV-MAX Award, all within a year (2003).

Shreya Ghoshal’s Comments On showbizindia.com
    Showbizindia.com is amazing! It has a lot of variety, a very good platform for creative people like me to be featured. I thank you for this interview and for considering me as the artist of the month.

Post Thanks / Like

**** (@ 220.*) on: Sat Feb 7 04:29:21 EST 2004

charlotte & jhankaar,
    Thank you.
    This web site is here:-
    http://www.showbizindia.com/Smartbui...E=PageId=15487

Post Thanks / Like

**** (@ 220.*) on: Sat Feb 7 07:14:18 EST 2004

Post Thanks / Like

**** (@ 220.*) on: Wed Feb 11 07:19:14 EST 2004

I am sorry,
    Shreya's Tamil songs are here:-
    http://www.tamilsongs.net/page/build...heraya_Goshai/

Post Thanks / Like

rajasaranam (@ 210.*) on: Wed Feb 11 08:57:25 EST 2004

She has the blessings of Music god IIR what more does she ask for?
    She will do wonders.
    IIR kai patta summava?

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast