Thread: Young MDs- Kaanavillai!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Young MDs- Kaanavillai!

There is a long list of new, young talents storming into the TFM after mid 90s. But most of them failed to establish an unique style and identity of their own. They either followed Raja's or Rahman's style and got washed away in course of time.
    I have compiled a list of few such MDs.

http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2007/...g-post_10.html

I'm sure I would have missed out many.
    Grey Matter Matters
    http://vigneshram.blogspot.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good post vigneshram

I think they washed out due to lack of knowledge in music, lack of learning ability, lack of hardwork

Senior Member Senior Hubber karthik_sa2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i feel really sorry for the talented ramesh vinayagam.underrated for a long time and now down and completely out

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, we need to add Karthik Raja to this list - not because he lacks talents...he even could do something unique - like in dum-dum-dum - quite different from IR/ARR and captivating...even IR commented very highly about his abilities (w.r.t helping him doing some complex WCM tasks during TbI)...

He may be here and there - doing a couple of movies every year (may be produced by Raja well-wishers who are turned down / redirected by IR/YSR) and doing some cellphone remixes / BGM for YSR etc. , but the fact is he is not in the reckoning as for as TFM major MD's are concerned...

What is the reason? Is it his attitude or lack of commitment or lack of hardwork or simply another kOdambAkkam complexity (like "rAsi illAdha MD") in coming up?

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "What is the reason? Is it his attitude or lack of commitment or lack of hardwork or simply another kOdambAkkam complexity (like "rAsi illAdha MD") in coming up?"

Maybe he can't keep pace with others? Maybe he is lazy and expects to get laurels without hard work, just because he is IR's son? That IR regards his abilities highly is neither here nor there; the father perhaps loves his oldest son dearly and wishes him well just like any dad would. Note that IR is probably really not that quick to praise talent (e.g. What is wrong with Roja and several films like Puthiya Mugam etc?)

As they say, talent finds its own level. KR did great music in Dum*3, sure. His recent hit song, however, was along the lines of Andhi mazhai (KaNgaL thEduthE) and was actually Arputhan's composition (Arputhan himself said in a Sun TV interview).

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    adding to vignesh list,

Adithyan....

Choundaryan...

I think there is huge list....
    --

Post Thanks / Like
    Adithyan....
    nalla velai ivana aethi vidala.chumaavae avaruku arr aanadha ninaipu.i remember him in one interview sayig rock shoc rock shock...it seems thats how he describes his music..very funny.

but i liked his "oilaa paadum paatu"" and "ayyaiyo pathikichu""

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, we need to add Karthik Raja to this list - not because he lacks talents...he even could do something unique - like in dum-dum-dum - quite different from IR/ARR and captivating...even IR commented very highly about his abilities (w.r.t helping him doing some complex WCM tasks during TbI)...

He may be here and there - doing a couple of movies every year (may be produced by Raja well-wishers who are turned down / redirected by IR/YSR) and doing some cellphone remixes / BGM for YSR etc. , but the fact is he is not in the reckoning as for as TFM major MD's are concerned...

What is the reason? Is it his attitude or lack of commitment or lack of hardwork or simply another kOdambAkkam complexity (like "rAsi illAdha MD") in coming up?
    s very underrated md. i heard from my bro who is also a musician that "kanmani anbodu""orchestration part alone was done by KR.amazing isnt it!!! i just loved his yaaro song in ullasam.
    the main reason i can think for his downfall is his films did not become hits and he never got a good director to work with