Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Director Vishnuvardhan

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No that AA was not without flaws. But for a second timer, it was more than acceptable and the film had its moments.. He also had the knack of getting good tunes from Yuvan, which I doubt now after listening to Sarvam..
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar
    No that AA was not without flaws. But for a second timer, it was more than acceptable and the film had its moments.. He also had the knack of getting good tunes from Yuvan, which I doubt now after listening to Sarvam..
    Meaning?
    Thambi, valukkaiyA oru iLaneer vettupA...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jinju
    +infinity ...i was about to post something on these lines when i saw this thread here! shud say ajay, u stole the words out of my hands ! AA was fantastic! Pattiyal, no comments ! Billa, ahem, apart from a super stylish ajith and nirav shah the rest of it was a joke to me! Sarvam to me was the final nail so to speak...! i keep watching each film of his in the theater itself going by the promise he showed in AA and each time disappointment is the only result!
    Pls don't watch anymore VV movie - friendly advise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meaning.. Sarvam didn't even have the rocking numbers that VV-Yuvan combo used to give..
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Meaning.. Sarvam didn't even have the rocking numbers that VV-Yuvan combo used to give..
    Irungga, Hub Yuvan Sangga Thalaivar kitta pOttu kodukurEn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Avarum idhaiyedhaan solluvaarunnu nambaren. Yuvan shouldn't have rubbed the wrong way with Selva. This VV, VP ellam counting their days..

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Avarum idhaiyedhaan solluvaarunnu nambaren. Yuvan shouldn't have rubbed the wrong way with Selva. This VV, VP ellam counting their days..
    I thought the other way around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah.. It holds true either way...

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    VV is one director who keeps getting better with each and every movie of his. KuRumbu was a disaster. AA was an OK movie, nothing great. In fact I hated it but sujatha named it as the movie of that year (05 I guess). Pattiyal was terrific

Looking forward to his next venture, billA

His career graph is now a normal distribution curve with Pattiyal being the peak. Billa was OK, nothing great. Sarvam was a disaster. I am no more a fan

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't be so sure about that, thalaivar vanthu solluvaar. :P Even I don't think so. VV's earlier movies were all gangster/don based (Kurumbu-va vidunga, I don't consider it even as a VV movie!), Sarvam for the first time was a romance movie from Vishnu (and since he failed in this genre, he should return to his gangster genre! ). Perhaps expecting same kinda music in Sarvam too? I don't know how a song like Theepidikka or Namma Kattula or any Billa song should have fit into the movie. IMO, Sarvam might be this combo's best even (perhaps after Pattiyal!), if the movie had clicked, people might have been of a different opinion. Perhaps if someone else had sung the songs or even someone else had composed the songs, you might have liked it. Perhaps Adada vaa should have been sung by Dhanush and his wife. I'm still wondering why this album is considered bad/average/not-so-good.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast