Page 185 of 185 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 1850

Thread: thiruvasakam in symphony

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now that his son's debut directorial venture "Chennai 28" is declared a hit, a relieved, relaxed Gangai Amaran is back to his pet past time , that is, indulging in gibberish, loose talks.
    Avarukku IR oda Thiruvasagam mela appidi enna dhaan kobamo!!
    In today's Hindu Metro plus edition[ interview with Chinmayi] , he says IR need not have composed Thiruvasagam just to prove a point. He says Thiruvasagam showcases IR's music talents and not Bhakthi.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thumburu
    Now that his son's debut directorial venture "Chennai 28" is declared a hit, a relieved, relaxed Gangai Amaran is back to his pet past time , that is, indulging in gibberish, loose talks.
    Avarukku IR oda Thiruvasagam mela appidi enna dhaan kobamo!!
    In today's Hindu Metro plus edition[ interview with Chinmayi] , he says IR need not have composed Thiruvasagam just to prove a point. He says Thiruvasagam showcases IR's music talents and not Bhakthi.
    GA eppavume oru loose comments vittukitte irupaaru

The same guy conducted a programme in ahaa channel last week !

I think , he just wants to be in the news

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know in what tone GA has mentioned it. Taking it in one way, I feel there is nothing wrong in GA's statement. IR himself has said that he wanted to show case this Bhakthi ilakkiyam of our ancestors to next generation people and that too to global audience. So here the emphasis is definitely not to show the bhakthi level of IR. It merely states that IR is a bhaktha (because he preferred & chose thiruvaasagam and he is so ecstatic about thiruvaasagam), he wants to attempt a different presentation for thiruvaasagam without butchering its merit (the bhakthi and gnaanam that thiruvaasagam oozes out).

IR to show his bhakthi has released quite a few albums, one such is Guru Ramana Maalai wherein he chose to write lyrics as well (to emphasis his bhakthi there).

Post Thanks / Like
    IR is not a man who is desperate just to prove his talent..

If that is the case, he would have compromised a lot to stay at the N0.1 position. Even now Rajini, MR etc are eager to work with IR. If IR wants to prove his supremacy nothing stops him from inviting these people to his camp again !!

Post Thanks / Like
    GA starts his argument with Chinmayi like this "Singers need freedom..Ilaiyaraja just thinks what he thinks is enough" etc.

All through the conversation, he again and again targets IR with Chinmayi disagreeing..

This guy (GA) is a meticulous guy. He always speaks in a manner that will have a hidden attack on his brother but superficially will not be seen as a bad comment..

Once he said "I requested Rajni to give IR chance in Arunachalam" etc. As though IR was begging on the streets or Rajni was waiting for somebody to recommend IR to him .

On another occassion, he said "I want back IR as my brother, not as a genius" and shed tears..

Man, most of the brothers have problems..this is not something new..but have all this within your home..don't fume in public life !

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope. He is desperate. If he is not then he would have stopped scoring music long back. Genius like IR would never stop to prove a point again and again and again and again. It may not be for others but for their self-satisfaction, to reach perfection, which they defintely feel they are not whereas we might think differently of them. Many a times IR has mentioned/indicated in interviews. We/reporters merely shrug them off thinking that it is philosophical "diatribe".

Post Thanks / Like
    Kupps,

You are talking about inner applause. Self satisfaction. Yes, IR is for it.

I was mentioning about external applause and fame. IR is not proving for this.

We both are right

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupps
    Nope. He is desperate. If he is not then he would have stopped scoring music long back. Genius like IR would never stop to prove a point again and again and again and again. It may not be for others but for their self-satisfaction, to reach perfection, which they defintely feel they are not whereas we might think differently of them. Many a times IR has mentioned/indicated in interviews. We/reporters merely shrug them off thinking that it is philosophical "diatribe".
    Kupps

IMO, why IR still is around may be to stage a mini comeback after the 92 ,93,94 etc trend change by ARR and others. He may be attempting to prove a point that he is still capable of staging a comeback with his own brand of music despite the fundamental shift in trend .

Ideally, if he can score 4 movies in a year with good themes and interesting song situations besides albums like Messiah / TIS, I will be immensely happy .

Honestly, the rehashes / restructuring old tunes and all, a devoted IR fan will never digest such things .

IR still attracts huge crowds. Last year's chennai programme is an example . There is enough fan following .

There is nothing for IR to prove again. A peaceful retirement after 3 to 5 years will be really graceful .

Post Thanks / Like
    Nakeeran,

I agree with you on all your points except that retirement part..

Why should he retire when he is able to come with new surprises every year and when he still has people waiting for his releases ?

Just because the trend has changed ? or just because he is not on the top now ? or because he is rehashing some songs ?

The first two reasons are not valid. For the third reason, every other MD including ARR and HJ are fit to be retired before IR.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Dragun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raja_fan
    ARR is more a manager than a creator. He just sits with people and extracts the work from people..This fact has been proven by many interviews given by singers like Srinivas, Nithyasree etc..Well, I do not want to go further, because as I said people damn care about whatever happens inside a studio.
    If ARR was just a manager, people like Suresh Peters, Rafi, etc. could simply leave ARR and start composing films themselves, leaving ARR to flounder. But as it is, people are pretty loyal to him. ARR is most definitely a composer, but he also incorporates the talents of others in his songs. No need to denigrate ARR to prove IR's worth.

Also, please read this interview with Srinivas. It does not sound like Srinivas is saying ARR just manages other artists.