Page 3 of 185 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: thiruvasakam in symphony

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

KK (@ 202.*) on: Thu Dec 23 04:59:08 EST 2004

Now it is only more clear why such a delay in the release. These fellows are only talking big money, and money is the only concern. Nothing noble or selfless as Jageth and the gang have potraited to be to this forum.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

KK (@ 202.*) on: Thu Dec 23 05:02:29 EST 2004

They for one thing do not have the confidence that it will be commercially viable, that is why they are looking for a big scapegoat to take the risk upfront and themselves to make all their profits upfront. What is so different about these people compared to any other producers, who simply come into any project like vultures for the only sake of making money. Please don't come here and talk like saints, who have devoted your life to this project without any expectations!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

kr (@ 68.3*) on: Thu Dec 23 07:30:51 EST 2004

When a dog barks at you, I do not think rational explanation will do anything to lessen its barking. The wiser approach will be to ignore it.

Post Thanks / Like

Anbesivam (@ 24.1*) on: Thu Dec 23 10:48:59 EST 2004

KK,

They are not talking about profits. They just want to offset the loans they had on them. That too, for a person like Father Jegannath, $100000 is too much of a money, I believe.

They have rendered their attention and services for free for almost an year(or may be more). Is that not a selfless investment by itself.

Regarding commercial confidence, for a noble project like that, we never know. For a spiritual project like this, there is only 50% chance to be commercial blockbuster.(Who thought Passion of Christ will make so much money in this era?).

I think for all this, they deserve some respect and what they did in my opinion is saintly.

Post Thanks / Like

raja m (@ 24.4*) on: Thu Dec 23 11:18:35 EST 2004

guys--

one thing that amazes me, is just because IR has been associated with this project - it has assumed some great moral, altruistic cause.

Agreed, it is great that an obscure classic is being brought to the public's notice and IR having a reputation of being absolutely creative, that does not give any higher moral character to the people who have `chosen' to manage this project.

A lot of money has been donated by well meaning people (I havent- for the simple reason that the way this project has been advertised and managed), when genuine questions are asked, sometimes they are given some kind of sermon or how someone had gotten ill, lost the mortgage on a house, A well audited and documented response will make some sense.

Creating a website and setting up the sales of TIS should intially be enough, by word of mouth and if the product is mind blowing - then sales will pick up.

I get the feeling that when everything is ready (post production), the real story will emerge.

IR - Please prove me wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

incensed (@ 136.*) on: Thu Dec 23 11:35:17 EST 2004

raja m -
    You had doubts with their methods and hence not contributed. Fine.

Why then this vimarsanam? And why this advice that it's enough to sell thru website - what right you've got to tell them?

uzhaikkavumillai, panam kodukkavumillai - pinna enna pechu vendi kedakku? If anything, you can criticize them only when you PAY AND BUY the product...till then umakkuppesa arugathai illai...

Post Thanks / Like

raja m (@ 24.4*) on: Thu Dec 23 11:45:12 EST 2004

mr. oodubakthi..

I have all the right to be incensed. No one has any moral right to do all the advertisement in a website for film music (as against this holistic task). All and sundry are giving their inputs, probably you are so `incensed' because now you have doubts.. Pechu is free brother - I will continue to blabber whenever I want - I am sure I bring some good results to the post.

You cannot tell me about arugadhai - shove it..

Post Thanks / Like

incensed (@ 136.*) on: Thu Dec 23 11:54:31 EST 2004

"No one has any moral right to do all the advertisement in a website for film music (as against this holistic task)" is not for you to decide. It's for the admin to have it or not. If they found it inappropriate, they would've deleted long back.

Hmmmmm...

`matran manaivi azhagillai' endru chappukkottikittu pesara type alukalidam morality / logic pesuvadhu en madaththanam...bye!

Post Thanks / Like

raja m (@ 24.4*) on: Thu Dec 23 11:57:39 EST 2004

incensed:

If I had mentioned that I too have contributed then probably you would have told me, ..please be patient..you will be rewarded.. TIA...etc..etc..

my suggestion was this need not be so complicated, now that the symphony has been produced at a top notch professional setup-IR or his managers need to get some professional to do the marketing..

FYI I am a fan of IR and have enjoyed his output for years, I dont know or care who you are, am not interested in googling who incensed is with his/her ip address - come out and type in your real name.
    My point is just because maybe `you' have contributed to the project (with or without the understanding) that you will receive a copy of the recording -that does not give you any bloody right to criticize me, you dont have any idea about me, how much I spend on music etc.

As Mike Myers says `ZIP it'.

Post Thanks / Like

raja m (@ 24.4*) on: Thu Dec 23 12:03:28 EST 2004

incensed:

Maatran Manaivi azhaga illai asimgama - I dont discuss such stupid topics - please watch the swan in case you have cable ( I have cable dont watch the program). This is a forum where TFM is discussed, thiruvasagam is neither film nor commercial - If you have been visiting this forum for some time - may be you have an idea of where I am coming from, so please come down from the self appointed pulpit you are sitting on.

Only time will tell what IR fans get out of this deal.. I hope to `buy' the CD - whenever it is released.

Page 3 of 185 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast