Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports News And Tidbits

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982
    Came across this in Orkut. Damn hilarious

Bomber" Wells, a spin bowler and great character, played for Glocuestershire and Nottinghamshire. He used to bat at No.11 since one couldn't bat any lower. Of him, they used to paraphrase Compton's famous words describing an equally inept runner.

"When he shouts 'YES' for a run, it is merely the basis for further negotiations!" Incidentally, Compton was no better. John Warr said, of Compton "He was the only person who would call you for a run and wish you luck at the same time."

Anyway, when Wells played for Gloucs, he had an equally horrendous runner as the No.10. During a county match, horror of horrors... both got injured. *Both* opted for runners when it was their turn to bat. Bomber played a ball on the off, called for a run, forgot he had a runner and ran himself. Ditto at the other end. In the melee, someone decided that a second run was on. Now we had *all four* running. Due to the confusion and constant shouts of "YES" "NO", eventually, *all* of them ran to the same end. Note - at this point in time, the entire ground is rolling on the floor laughing their behinds out. One of the fielders - brave lad - stops laughing for a minute, picks the ball and throws down the wicket at the other end.

Umpire Alec Skelding looks very seriously at the four and calmly informs them "One of you buggers is out. I don't know which. *You* decide and inform the bloody scorers!"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    itha evalo thadava padichaalum sirippu varuthu

Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer

Came across this in Orkut. Damn hilarious

Bomber" Wells, a spin bowler and great character, played for Glocuestershire and Nottinghamshire. He used to bat at No.11 since one couldn't bat any lower. Of him, they used to paraphrase Compton's famous words describing an equally inept runner.

"When he shouts 'YES' for a run, it is merely the basis for further negotiations!" Incidentally, Compton was no better. John Warr said, of Compton "He was the only person who would call you for a run and wish you luck at the same time."

Anyway, when Wells played for Gloucs, he had an equally horrendous runner as the No.10. During a county match, horror of horrors... both got injured. *Both* opted for runners when it was their turn to bat. Bomber played a ball on the off, called for a run, forgot he had a runner and ran himself. Ditto at the other end. In the melee, someone decided that a second run was on. Now we had *all four* running. Due to the confusion and constant shouts of "YES" "NO", eventually, *all* of them ran to the same end. Note - at this point in time, the entire ground is rolling on the floor laughing their behinds out. One of the fielders - brave lad - stops laughing for a minute, picks the ball and throws down the wicket at the other end.

Umpire Alec Skelding looks very seriously at the four and calmly informs them "One of you buggers is out. I don't know which. *You* decide and inform the bloody scorers!"

Post Thanks / Like
    "In a country where there is such a huge debate on young (read youth) and experience it feels great to get an award with the word 'young' before it."

Sourav Ganguly on receiving the young achiever's award from the chamber of commerce in Kolkata
    sourav is one cricketer who is known for his sarcasm and dig at the people. well said.

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cricinfo

Singapore batsman hits Twenty20 double hundred

May 5, 2008

A batsman in Singapore has scored what is believed to be the first Twenty20 double hundred, bludgeoning a remarkable 219 from 56 balls in a club match.

Sagar Kulkarni, 28, hit 18 sixes and 23 fours in his in Marina Club's 368 for 3. His partner for much of his innings was Mulewa Dharmichand, who made 89 off 44 deliveries. "Sagar's most amazing shot was a six over extra-cover which went out of the Kallang ground into the netball courts," Dharmichand said.

"I'm known for ones and twos in regular cricket but I can play shots all around too but even I was shocked by the way I batted," Kulkarni told the Asian Cricket Council. "It's a great feeling and never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be able to achieve this feat, especially when nobody in world cricket has done it."

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cricinfo

May 5, 2008

A batsman in Singapore has scored what is believed to be the first Twenty20 double hundred, bludgeoning a remarkable 219 from 56 balls in a club match.

Sagar Kulkarni, 28, hit 18 sixes and 23 fours in his in Marina Club's 368 for 3. His partner for much of his innings was Mulewa Dharmichand, who made 89 off 44 deliveries. "Sagar's most amazing shot was a six over extra-cover which went out of the Kallang ground into the netball courts," Dharmichand said.

"I'm known for ones and twos in regular cricket but I can play shots all around too but even I was shocked by the way I batted," Kulkarni told the Asian Cricket Council. "It's a great feeling and never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be able to achieve this feat, especially when nobody in world cricket has done it."
    this guy might play in the IPL next year!
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Kalyasi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEDYBLUE
    Cricinfo

May 5, 2008

this guy might play in the IPL next year!
    India Cements.. Vaangunga pa Intha payyana!!
    em Chennai! yaam vaazhum pon Chennai!
    viral ayinthum theendamal vegamattom!
    thazhthalum sangathigal vizhthalum!
    thaai mannil sagamal sagamattom!! -- Saagum Varai CSK

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    My life is under threat from my own son: Gony's mother

http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2008/jul/01gony.htm

Post Thanks / Like