Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PAST , PRESENT and FUTURE OF TAMIL CINEMA

Post Thanks / Like

PAST , PRESENT and FUTURE OF TAMIL CINEMA

This is a thread to discuss , compare and contrast the pros and cons of tamil cinema - past, present and future!

As a first post let me put up the KUMUDAM article which says that tamil cinema is getting into problems due to heroes mainly :

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/news.ed0.jpg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    This article says during the times of MGR and Sivaji producers an financiers were called as BOSS whereas today hero is the boss and director is next whereas producer is like a servant or slave of these two!!

Post Thanks / Like
    From the article is right.....

But still the producers are going beyond the big hero's, if they have dare..they can introduce new faces...but they want to earn money..they want to sell the movie before release...they want to be in safer side..so they are pushed in to this position....

Still there are producers like R.B.Chowdry..who introduce new faces..and he dare to take low budget films with minimum income.....but many producers want to earn big amount so they are in this position..so they are going beyond heros and directors...cuz...

Kariyam aganumna kalutha kaala kooda pidika thayar
    I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PAST , PRESENT and FUTURE OF TAMIL CINEMA

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis786
    interesting article.....but, why do they want to blame it on heroes? .....these producers r ready to pay fat paychecks when a particular hero is in the peak of his career.......and later make complaints when the hero starts falling down ..........what made them to pay 3cr to Dhanush after the success of Kadhal Kondein? .......If the producers are not ready to pay, then why would the actors demand?

Post Thanks / Like
    villan ur also right

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PAST , PRESENT and FUTURE OF TAMIL CINEMA

Quote Originally Posted by keerthy
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis786
    interesting article.....but, why do they want to blame it on heroes? .....these producers r ready to pay fat paychecks when a particular hero is in the peak of his career.......and later make complaints when the hero starts falling down ..........what made them to pay 3cr to Dhanush after the success of Kadhal Kondein? .......If the producers are not ready to pay, then why would the actors demand?
    yeah if they are not ready to pay...how wud they demand for other movies...Even 1 cr is high for srikanth after the movie parthiban kanavu
    I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.

Post Thanks / Like
    "keerthy" you are right, kalaipuli thanu for example spent all he can for aalavandhan and later blamed it on kamal in SS music

But now he says it depends on time of release!! He is contradicting his own view! Aalavandhan was a failure because of this man thanu who refused to think and analyse

Post Thanks / Like
    K.T.Kunjumon nu oruthar irunthar...avaru ippadi thaan high buget padam edukiranu...ippo sontha ooru kelambitaru...

Padam edurkirathu mattum pothathu antha markettingum pannanum..advertisement kodukanum, hoardings vaikanum...ennaku therinchi ithula A.M.Rathinam thaan killadi. Flop koduthalam....nalla business mind avaruku.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    endha oru vishayathulayum Pros n Cons irukkum .... Thamizh cinema adhukku vidhi vilakku illai ......

Past :
    Importance given more for Dialogue Delivery, Staged Cinema, Songs, Music, Comedy tat makes u think , Heroism.... Cartoons etc.....

Present :
    Importance staged from Dialogues to Coloquial ..... neenga eppadi pesureengalo, adhai vellithiraiyil kaaturom nnu solra muyarchi..... Adichu vaangiya comedy lendhu, sindhikka vekkira comedy varaikkum ..... Mass approach. Heroism, High budget stories ....... Graphics.....

Future :
    Importance to new faces ..... Heroism might fade away and Cinema will become a place where heroes are none other than a man next door .... 100 films 1000 films - these records will become Legendary records .... Movies will give more importance to backstage .... where movies will be taken as projects ............. i seriously feel, the running time of the movies should be brought down from 2.5 hrs to 1.5 - 2 hours ...... Songs appearing on movies will be restricted to New locations .... local songs might come as OST - and will be sung and released as Albums...... Music will take a main stand ...... reducing human intervention .....

Probably Future cannot always be predicted .....
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bingleguy
    Future :
    Importance to new faces ..... Heroism might fade away and Cinema will become a place where heroes are none other than a man next door .... 100 films 1000 films - these records will become Legendary records ....
    idhu mattum sathyama nadakkadhu...... avan avan aagayathula irundhu kudhichu vandha madhiridhaan herova portray panraanga (more than 90% of films)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast