Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Discrimination against North Indians by South Indians

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Discrimination against North Indians by South Indians

Countries outside India like Singapore and Malaysia where Tamil being an official Indian official language, the ethnic Tamil or the Indians in General play a good role in both good and bad in both countries, be it being a white collar or blue collar or gangsterism, but they tend to have a view of bias treatment to only South Indians as mainly Indians, Telugu ,Malayalee, Tamil have a good brotherhood coorperation amongst them, but when it comes to north Indians, they dont consider them as Indians but treat them like dirt , like an outsider, esp in Malaysia, all north Indians are sarcatically address as "Vangaali" oi vangaali" ei vangaali" or Bangla or adress as "Ghee Boi and such....

Why show such hatred and discrimination on them, arent we brothers, even before making a handshake, a Singaporean Indian will ask, "can speak Tamil"?
    If mentioned i am a Hindustani or North Indian, they"ll immediately say, "oh no Bangla" nei , chapatti.....

Y is this so ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    another hot topic!
    Anbe Sivam

Member Junior Hubber Thamizhatchi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ram,
    Discrimination is not between, north and south Indians, but between the majority and minority. And this is not just in Singapore or Malaysia. Its everywhere.

"Y is this So ?"
    Well, unity is strength. You, I and many others understand this but there are few who do not give a damn about such things.

If we want to change something, we have to become one who can adopt the change first.

So, if we can be indiscriminate, so will our generations be!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ethukku ithukku reNdu reNdu thread?

can it not be continued in
    http://tfmpage.mayyam.com/hub/viewto...9289&start=225
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber madhu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    idhu Pattukku Pattu thread maadhiriya ?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mgb's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ekeb thread maadhiri

Post Thanks / Like
    sivaram,

U sow what U reap. In India, in the north, south indians are derisively called "madrasis" by norties. They make fun of southies hindi accent.

It is happening in a country like India where we pride on "unity in diversity".

what do U say to that?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    aha aarambichutangapa aarambichitunga

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sivaram enga pOi enna thread thondanginaalum anga digression thaana?
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smith
    sivaram,

U sow what U reap. In India, in the north, south indians are derisively called "madrasis" by norties. They make fun of southies hindi accent.

It is happening in a country like India where we pride on "unity in diversity".

what do U say to that?
    I am not sure of this, because at the moment I am living in Delhi, and not even one person has been rude. And I've encountered hundreds. Besides, I can't speak a word of Hindi, and despite that, Northies are trying to help me in whatever way they can. I guess there are a few bad apples in every community, and ours is no exception. Let's leave it at that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast