Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast

Thread: New Releases by ARR??

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aabhi Ja: Just a 0:30 sample but sure sounds promising. Will most likely be ordering this. Right now, salary is still garma garam new in the bank account , after a few days.
    Last edited by crimson king; 2nd March 2014 at 08:00 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    When listening to particular songs, we often question whether it was tailor made for someone else. Rahman Ji tends to experiment with different voices a lot for one composition. Knowing him, he might have 10 different versions for one song. Sometimes the song that makes the final cut doesn't suit that particular singer but with "Kismat Se" I conclude that it was ONLY made for Shreya Ji.

The other aspect of Rahman Ji's recordings are that he allows singers to improvise on his melodies thats why every singer he works with say they feel at ease with him when interviewed. Newcomer's must always feel anxious, but Rahman Ji is the best launching new singers. He always pulls it off by giving them special songs. Only after do the rest of the contemporaries music directors start chasing these singers because Rahman Ji has taken the gamble so they feel theres reliability.

But recently Rahman Ji has been picking up a lot of bedroom musicians thanks to Youtube Natalie Di Luccio, Jonita Gandhi, sid sriram (?) etc.

Let me clear the misconception! Below are some artists thought be launched by Rahman Ji:

Javed Ali - Viju Shah
    Shakthisree Gopalan - Vijay Antony
    Aaryan Dinesh Kanagaratnam - Vijay Antony
    Meenal Jain - Daniel B. George
    Neeti Mohan - Vishal and Shekhar
    Nooran Sisters - Sneha Khanwalkar

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber lancelot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering what you guys were talking about, and then googled 'Kismat Se' and found it on gaana.com. Its been on repeat all morning!
    Sadhakallahu Nabiyul Kareem - A R Rahman

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take out the synth+guitar+beats, the song will fall flat. There's something very catchy and lovely about the chord progressions and backing that makes the song so addictive.

Post Thanks / Like
    The wait is over!

Aabhi Jaa

Yet another enchanting and haunting track! Whattay a week? Kochadaiiyaan and now this... It will be on loop for infinite days. Just when Rahman Ji was deviating from his comfort zone, this song arrives as a total consolation. I will cherish this moment forever! When a song impacts us we remember exactly where and when we heard it. Even when the teaser released, I knew straight away I will be in for a life changing treat.

The way the harp, flute, and guitar have been executed should be an example for other composers on how to amalgamate sounds of Indian Classical, Medieval Folk and Latino styles of music. On top of this, the dholak adds a rural flavour which was last represented by Rahman Ji in “Heer” JTHJ. I wasn’t prepared for this hint of Punjab half way through but that adds a lot of sparkle to this already shining song.

Lastly, Jonita Gandhi *Take A Bow Misses*

7. Likes mappi liked this post
    Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldposts View Post
    Topic started by Srikanth (@ passport.proxy.lucent.com) on Mon Sep 15 10:23:15 EDT 1997.

Any new album by A. R. Rahman generates lot of buzz. Share some of it here. Review, discuss or comment on ARR's new albums.
    His latest release album is Lingaa, Ai

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is the soundtrack for the new Renault ad 'Re Re Re Raftaar' by A R Rahman? Anyone know where I can download the MP3 from?

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/...-/20151001.htm

Well, it is not news that Mani's next film will feature Rahman as the composer. But in the same article it is mentioned that

Kamal Hassan and Saif Ali Khan team up for a Tamil-Hindi political thriller, with a score by A R Rahman.

After four back-to-back films with composer Ghibran, Kamal Haasan is all set to collaborate with A R Rahman for his next film, Thalaivan Irukkiran.

A bilingual (Tamil and Hindi), the political thriller is titled Amar Hain in Hindi, and will have Saif Ali Khan share screen space with Kamal Haasan.

Kamal Haasan and A R Rahman last worked together 15 years ago -- for K S Ravikumar's 2000 dramedy Thenali.

Not sure if this is good or bad. While Rahman delivered chartbusters for both the Hassan movies that he has worked for ("Indian" and "Thenali"), they weren't his best. You always get the feeling that these two are not great friends although Rahman did grace Hassan's "50th year in cinema" celebrations and Hassan had a few good words to say about Rahman. They were going to work together for "Marmayogi" in 2008 but unfortunately that project was dropped. Let's see if this project materializes.

Post Thanks / Like
    ARNOLD AND SUPERSTAR FOR ENTHIRAN 2?
    http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-mov...i-team-up.html

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Dragun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thozhar View Post
    Not sure if this is good or bad. While Rahman delivered chartbusters for both the Hassan movies that he has worked for ("Indian" and "Thenali"), they weren't his best. You always get the feeling that these two are not great friends although Rahman did grace Hassan's "50th year in cinema" celebrations and Hassan had a few good words to say about Rahman. They were going to work together for "Marmayogi" in 2008 but unfortunately that project was dropped. Let's see if this project materializes.
    Kamal's movies in the past 10 years or so haven't had much scope for music, with few memorable songs, though Uthama Villain had a pretty good soundtrack.

Also, I don't know why Kamal keeps trying to do these Tamil/Hindi bilinguals.
    Last edited by Dragun; 6th November 2015 at 01:38 AM.

Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast