Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast

Thread: New Releases by ARR??

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Million...ote-dcinema-17

Million Dollar Arm

A. R. Rahman has composed the film's score. The recording of score was completed by February 2014. The soundtrack album has seven original songs

http://dearcinema.com/interview/film...-r-rahman/0703

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Late post..

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/14010...says-ar-rahman

What are your Hollywood , Kollywood and Hindi projects?

'Million Dollar Arm', 'Monkeys of Mumbai' in English. 'Paani', 'Highway', Arif Ali’s movie in Hindi and 'Ai' with Shankar, 'Kaaviya Thalaivan' with Vasantabalan, Rajini’s 'Kochadaiyaan' and a Gautham Menon film in Tamil. And some more surprises which you will know soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hun...Journey_(film)

The Hundred-Foot Journey

The film is set to be released on August 8, 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.koimoi.com/bollywood-news...ahman-average/

Salman Goes Overboard With His Nasty Humor; Calls Rahman ‘Average’

The launch of Raunaq, a musical collaboration between A.R Rahman and Union Minister Kapil Sibal yesterday left a bitter taste in everyone’s mouth after Salman Khan’s snide comments on Rahman came to light.

The actor who is known for his satirical vein of talking went slightly overboard at the event. According to a Bollywood source present at Taj Land’s End Bandra yesterday, Salman shocked the audiences when he called Rahman an ‘average’ artist. While the Oscar winning composer was jaw-dropped at this remark, he refused to react. If this was any less, the actor went on to state that the only connection between them is ‘Jai Ho‘.

But Salman, should we remind you that the title ‘Jai Ho‘ which was originally reserved by Rahman for a project he had in his mind was gracefully given to Sohail Khan after he approached the composer for his film.

Such antics are Salman’s signature ofcouse. The actor after realizing his word vomit was a little out of humor, tried to mend fences by offering a handshake which Rahman did not reciprocate to but surely maintained his cheery smile.

Well, Salman after that, Rahman may definitely think twice before working with you!

Post Thanks / Like
    nw sallu bhai trying to protect himself (for the above post)

Salman Khan ‏@BeingSalmanKhan 45m
    Rehmaan n salmaan r they only 1's who have a sense of humor?

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    These days, there are only one or two songs seriously worth repeating and currently I refrain myself from giving time to songs to grow on me. Those days have long gone when I believed in slow poison and currently songs have to impact me straight away otherwise I won't have no qualm in moving on. "Aabhi Jaa" has been haunting me ever since I heard it, Rahman Ji and his troop wants to tease me more hence decided to release "Kismat Se" first. I thought I didn't feel like hearing "Kismat Se" after initial hearing but I don't know why I put it on loop all day today.

"Aabhi Jaa" sounds like a real test of Rahman Ji's potential. These two words by Jonita Gandhi? are enough for the Rahman Ji fanatic inside me to catapult ahead of the everyday listener inside me.

On A Side Note: I was indulging in a lot of light electro-pop of late so it's a real surprise that Rahman Ji churns out "Kismat Se" which reflects my current taste. The addition of Shreya Ghoshal and Indian Classical elements has put "chaar chand" on "Kismat Se".

Few examples of musical genres I've been dwelling in prior to particular ARR releases. I was listening to a lot of Carnatic around "Namakame" time, Dubstep around "Dost Hai Hum (EDT)", English Folk/Celtic and Western Classical around "Enga Pona Raasa".

He's definitely is the best magician out there i.e. knowing what I'm currently listening to and gifting me with a beautiful composition in a similar genre. ‪#‎NeverLooseFaith‬

9. Likes JamesDap, mappi, RR liked this post
    Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't heard anything like this from Rahman in a long time. Beautiful stuff, nothing more needs to be said. You guys know I am not all that fond of what he has been doing lately (which of course only reflects my tastes and is not a criticism of his music) but this song has a classical quality (not just in terms of classical music, but aesthetically speaking) that has largely gone from Hindi music. I am quite excited about this album now.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson king View Post
    I haven't heard anything like this from Rahman in a long time. Beautiful stuff, nothing more needs to be said. You guys know I am not all that fond of what he has been doing lately (which of course only reflects my tastes and is not a criticism of his music) but this song has a classical quality (not just in terms of classical music, but aesthetically speaking) that has largely gone from Hindi music. I am quite excited about this album now.
    What did you think of "Sooha Saaha" and "Heera"? Didn't the appeal to you?

Pardon me, but with "Kismat Se" having "Shreya Ghoshal" makes a huge difference. Rahman Ji has played safe, if he had opted for a newcomer I don't think you would have appreciated this song as much. I believe, having Lata and Shreya Ji pouring nectar in this album has widened its market.

On the contrary, there are hardcore arr fans from arryfg that haven't warmed up to "Kismat Se" as much as I thought and I too was a bit hesitant at appreciating it at first as it sounded too generic almost as if it was falling out of Rahman Ji's bandwagon. I don't know what the problem with sound engineers is these days, are they too lazy or are they on mission to pull down artists?! The digitalising of songs itunes/youtube is a big downer but alas melody will always remain king.

I utterly detested Rahman Ji's singing in Patakha Guddi, probably his worst sung song ever but what he got right was the melody. IMO, a concrete melody will make bathroom singers sound great.

IT'S THE MELODY THAT MAKES A SONG GREAT AND NOT THE ARTIST/SINGER

Crimson King that said, I kinda guarantee you will definitely be in for a treat with "Aabhi Jaa" by newcomer Jonita Gandhi. Hear this, if you haven't already.

12. Likes RR liked this post
    Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sooha Saaha or Heera were not bad songs by any stretch but I didn't really find either the melody or the singing particularly engaging. And I don't really find anything wrong with the choice of Shreya Ghoshal for this song as she rendered it brilliantly. I don't necessarily like everything she sings; in this case it is a good composition paired with a good singer and that's a win-win. That she is not a newbie does not matter to me. The best instruments available should be used to render music and that includes singers, that is my opinion on the issue. Especially since Rahman's melodies tend to be simpler and more straight up. If they had lots of surprises then average or even bad singing wouldn't really hurt much, for me. I know not everyone agrees on that so to each his own.

The arrangements are very tasteful and the song is well recorded. To me, that is more important than somehow striving for new sounds every time. Everything is in its right place in this song, not a note extra and not one inappropriate tone. For whatever reason, Rahman kept it simple. You may consider it playing safe and that's your view. Mine is that he didn't want to mess with a great tune.