Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: New Releases by ARR??

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Ramki (@ 68.6*) on: Sun Nov 14 10:54:37 EST 2004

Thankyou Curses. I agree with you..HH was very irritating with his kona seshtais..I Felt TLM was very good and stole the whole song from HH

On a different note, I read MR's next film is with Vijay.MD could be ARR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

x (@ 210.*) on: Sun Nov 14 13:16:23 EST 2004

Good luck Ramki.....

Post Thanks / Like

Ramki (@ 68.6*) on: Sun Nov 14 16:26:36 EST 2004

x Thanks??

Post Thanks / Like

Vazhipokkan (@ 40.0*) on: Mon Nov 15 09:53:53 EST 2004

ARRs new upcoming film album KSRs "God Father"

http://www.thatstamil.com/specials/c...als/ajith.html

Post Thanks / Like

shabnam (@ 202.*) on: Tue Nov 16 23:50:11 EST 2004

UNBELIEVABLE...I DREAMT ABOUT AR RAHMAN JI ON HE FIRST NITE OF RAMDHAN!!! HE'S MY IDOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Vazhipokkan (@ 40.0*) on: Tue Nov 23 16:19:30 EST 2004

How come Swades didn't score in Top ten being a hot and all?

http://www.boxofficeindia.com

Post Thanks / Like

MADDY (@ 203.*) on: Tue Nov 23 22:55:35 EST 2004

Vazhipokan did u look at the date and it was oct25 and oct 21 and it was competing with films released rite from april and may..and that too south and west have always ben ARR's forte and he is doing very well there.......there is no doubting that ARR is really struggling(in both HFM and TFM) like Sachin tendulkar(3 at kanpur) but beware of them they can smash anyone anytime at their will.......FORM IS TEMPORARY, CLASS IS PERMANENT.......

Post Thanks / Like

the truth (@ 61.2*) on: Wed Nov 24 00:37:42 EST 2004

good 1 maddy

Post Thanks / Like

Jacky (@ 61.2*) on: Wed Nov 24 01:21:46 EST 2004

Swades is not a crossover album, I don't think it would do a Rangeela.
    And I don’t believe the guy who made Ahista, Yeh jo desh he tera and Phal phal hai bhari could be struggling for form

Post Thanks / Like

the truth (@ 61.2*) on: Wed Nov 24 04:53:50 EST 2004

What is being touted as Shah Rukh Khan's best performance as an actor ever, will be seen on the global screens on December 17. Swades, directed by Oscar nominee Ashutosh Gowariker, is about a man's inner conflict, between a comfortable lifestyle and belief in an ideal.

UTV is distributing the film and its international distribution general manager Ashoka Holla says that "hopefully, the film will be released in Germany and France simultaneously with its release in India".

To be sure, Holla has been working very hard to ensure a global release for the film. In all, the target is a 275-print release in the international market, the largest ever by a Hindi feature film.

For the last three months Holla has been touring the European Union armed with a shorter version of the film that's been cut by about 30 minutes (the original lasts for over three hours) for the overseas audience.

Interestingly, he's managed to sell Swades even in Poland where Bollywood films have yet to make a mark.

"Generally, when a film does well, say, like in the case of Devdas, the international distributors sell it to territories on the basis of its success," says Holla.

UTV, however, decided to pre-sell the film. While the average minimum guarantee (upfront money paid by film buyers) for the Shah Rukh Khan starrer (inclusive of terrestrial and DVD rights) is not being disclosed, the revenue share for the film once the minimum guarantee has been recovered is set at 50:50.

Made on a budget of Rs 22 crore (Rs 220 million), I expect the film to give us at least 175 per cent return on investment

And yes, he confirms media reports that say the film is very much in the black almost a month before its release. It is expected to do well on the DVD circuit too.

Film industry experts point out that if 20,000 French-subtitled DVDs of Lagaan could be sold without any pre-sell, UTV is likely to reap a richer harvest from subtitled DVDs in the German, French and other languages.

Some of this business has come from Netflix (in North America) which is said to be the world's largest online DVD movie rental service with more than 2 million listed members.

Netflix has placed an advance order for 5,000 DVDs for Swades and an order for 1,000 DVDs each for Lakshya and Phir Milenge. A long-term deal between Netflix and UTV Motion Pictures will give the former access to all UTV titles in North America.

The company is upbeat about the film's success in the global market as it is said to have a universal theme. "Shah Rukh is not as big a star as the Hollywood guys in Europe," says Holla.

So the buyers are not judging the film on the basis of his name, but for its content, he adds. UTV expects the SRK starrer (along with model-turned-actor Gayatri Iyer) to break all records in the international market, on the back of its distribution power.

rediff.com

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast