Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilayaraja Isaijnaani or........?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Ilayaraja Isaijnaani or........?

Topic started by moorthy (@ 210.212.236.182) on Tue Dec 24 08:54:31 EST 2002.

In a recent live tv show in podhigai tamil channel the Musician Madurai T.N.Seshagopalan in reply to the question ( in tamil)

' what do you think about ilayaraja? It is heard that he has invented some new ragas'?

Reply.

"you should ask it to Ilayaraja"

viewer again

"but sir he has got the 'Isaijnaani' title...."

Answer

" antha title kitachavar illai avar. antha title vanchintu irukkiravar"

Then another viewer calls and expresses his sentiments on the above remarks..

sorry....

the line was cut suddenly and the anchor of the show requests the viewers not to ask questions on personalities.He also says that if the viewers ask such questions, those participating in the programme may either have to lie or have to be brutally honest.In both ways it will be unpleasant.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Vijay Venkatram J (@ 203.*) on: Tue Dec 24 09:55:38 EST 2002

Seshagopalan has sung in Raaja's music in ATHMA (Nin Arul Tharum Annapoorani)!

I donno what made Him say like that! May be some misunderstanding after ATHMA?

Who knows?

Post Thanks / Like

kuruvi (@ 134.*) on: Tue Dec 24 09:57:25 EST 2002

when did IR invented a new raga?!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lord LabakuDas (@ 12.1*) on: Tue Dec 24 09:59:57 EST 2002

kuruvi,
    I think that should be "when did IR discovered a new raga?"..raga's exist already to be discovered..rite?

Post Thanks / Like

naan sense (@ 205.*) on: Tue Dec 24 14:39:33 EST 2002

evryone has a right to his or her opinion. TNSesu can say anything because he is one fellow whose music i am now going to totally avoid...

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever (@ 206.*) on: Wed Dec 25 19:11:24 EST 2002

Seshu also has some titles from some sabhas in Madras and elsewhere. Just like IR was given the title by MK.

The way Seshu says it, it is as if he has a doctorate from Harvard and IR has a doctorate from Agra University.

adakkam thEvai appa!

Post Thanks / Like

Are Yaar (@ 203.*) on: Thu Dec 26 01:49:03 EST 2002

Who else watched the Interview...?
    Lets not comment with out seeing the interview.

As far as SG is concerned..he is a great Vidhwan in carnatic music....so no doubt about that...

IR fans have a list of all the praises and accolades given to IR by various personalities...they can have these comments too in their list.....

Post Thanks / Like

Raji (@ 63.6*) on: Thu Dec 26 04:44:24 EST 2002

Seshu should watch the move "Thodi" which acted in. He acted like an girly idiot. How come Unni and other artists still sevive in Carnatic field. Because they respect other artists. Box of matches with 5/6 matches in it will make noise all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Are Yaar (@ 203.*) on: Thu Dec 26 05:31:00 EST 2002

Come on Raji , don't judge SG with that movie. He acted in it. Yes it was pathetic. Because he is not an actor. But as a vocal singer, there is no match to him. His aalapanais and gamakams..oh God his karpanai in raaga is surely a great thing to listen and relish. See only the SG a great Carnatic singer. He is adeciple of the great Madurai Mani and Guru of many budding greats like Neiveli Santhaana Gopalan.
    Don't belittle SG in the name of supporting IR.See them as two different entities and be receptive to critisism..I mean IR's criticism...there is nothing wrong in +vely analysing that...

Lets look at what prompted him to say so..?Was there any thing other than pure proffession..?

Post Thanks / Like

moorthy (@ 210.*) on: Thu Dec 26 09:41:56 EST 2002

Reply to Are yaar :

You can check it with any one whom you believe. Every word and action posted by me is true.

I posted the message with all respects to Shri.Madurai T.N.Seshagopalan because I am a fan of him. But I am a fan of Ilayaraja too.

SG has all the right to have his view. But when he speaks out it in a live programme it can hurt people.

I still do not know what was the provocation for that comment. May be he thinks that Carnatic musicians are very much above the 'sada' film musicians in every aspect and the name and fame the FMs get is out of proportion.But what he forgot to remember is that it takes the same pains to become an Ilayaraja.It is in no way lesser to the pains to be taken to become Madurai Seshagopalan.

One more thing i would like to add...

when the second viewer called to express his sentiments SG could have said a simple sorry and could have got away with the comments. But that word never came from him and he simply continued explaining the reason behind his remark ' you should ask Ilayaraja' while knowing pretty well that the viewer was referring to the other comment.

There are other musicians like Kunnakudi who has high respect for the artists in the other fields. I have heard him calling Sivamani, the drummer 'a genius'.

Different musicians..... different mindsets......

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast