Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: F-1. 2010 Season - Michael Schumacher's Re- Entry and Beyond

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    the pit stop for ferrari was interesting, when it happened, no one was sure whose mistake it was, then after a few replays, it was clear that Massa moved because he got the go ahead a few seconds early! It was a pity that he moved from 1st to last because of that goof up..
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    just curious, no real offence to anybody who took the pains of posting - any explanation for the huge interest in English soccer and Formula 1 in metro cities despite the fact we are nowhere near to participantion in either sport at international level?

NOM at all, so please spare me the stones

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say there is some sort of adventure/thrill/risk and edge of the seat view associated with Formula1. Naturally it will attract people. & apart from legends Prost & Senna, Michael Schumacher is one of the primary reasons for reach of Car racing due to his style of driving and related incidents. I think Michael has a wide folowing in India, primary example is our own legend Sachin.

You are right about our lack of participation. Karun/Narain are also into that. Now, We have our Force India Team also owned by Vijay Mallaya. Though the team is struggling, given Mallayas's push, our team may do better. Fisichella, an experienced driver is part of our team.

In Tamil Nadu, we had actor Ajith(Thala), who is a fullfledged race driver, who also ventured into racing and reached respectable position. However, due to lack of sponsors, he could not pursue further. It takes lot of money to pursue this career.

The exposure of Television could be one more reason. There could be more but i have mentioned what i felt. May be with the difficulty associated with driving in our roads, we should have had some world champions in this sport.

Regarding Soccer, there are lot of devoted followers of the game in this thread who will be better placed to answer that. In my opinion, Maradona (since i am his fan ) could be one of the reasons for reach of this sport apart from many greats like pele.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mgb's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lewis

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lewis hamilton wins the championship

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mgb's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    "Even as Massa crossed the line, Hamilton was only sixth and the Brazilian was the champion. But as Vettel and Hamilton slammed out of the final corner, Glock’s Toyota was slowing in front of them, the German struggling for grip on his increasingly unsuitable rubber. From the jaws of defeat, the British driver snatched back the crown in one of the most dramatic title deciders in history. No Hollywood script could have been more exciting."- formula1.com

A stunning final race. After Massa crossed the line and lewis being behind vettel, Ferrari crew were celebrating and in the final moments, lewis won the position and the championship.

Banned Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    last 4 laps were the best i've ever seen in entire f1 history.
    Good for Hamilton and his pussycat girlfriend, but the finish left me shocked and disappointed because i really felt Glock slowed down purposely to allow Lewis and Vetterl through. But results are results.
    I feel for Massa because he did an unbelievable job yesterday, driving his finest gp to date..

Oh and Kimi got 3rd place in championship

As a Kimi/Ferrari fan:
    to lewis in vadivel style : Unakku chinna vengala kinnam koda kidayathu, chinna payale

As a f1 fan:
    Great season, expecting a even better season next time around with Kimi winning it again

Post Thanks / Like
    Lewis hamilton is a talented driver. He is fired up in deed. Kimi, Lewis, Massa, Alonso, and possibly Kubica will compete in future seasons. Lot of possible world champions there.

and btw Kimi had a poor year by his standards. I suppose he should go easy on his lifestyle, and other "distractions".

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw the greatest ever race yesterday woke up until 3 o'clock yesterday its worth it :P Kudos to Lewis feel bad for Massa though..

When vettel overtook Lewis in last lap, I told to myself, "dei marupadiyuma" Thank god Glock's car flopped at last corner

Anyway whata great season, looking forward to next year! Kubica gonna win da championship next year!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast