Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: what happened to K.S.Chitra?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

vijay (@ 129.*) on: Sat Aug 25 07:04:48 EDT 2001

in short,
    my list of

lady singers who need to be given lesser opportunities than they are getting now:
    sadhana sargam, malgudi Subha(when used in all those gana songs), bhavathaarini, Vasundhra das(she has learnt hindustani, please test that side of her..ayoo pathikichellam kudukaatheenga pa, venumna hindila paadattum), Anuradha sriram(overrated thanks to Deva and Karuppu thaan pudicha colouru)

singers who badly need to be given more songs:
    KSC, Swarnalatha(badly used by anybody except IR), Sujatha(she is not high in my list though)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

vijay (@ 129.*) on: Sat Aug 25 07:11:29 EDT 2001

I also think that these singers being given less opportunities is due to a lot of things:

1. trend of present day songs - more of pop, less classical, melody-oriented songs..

(when is the last time an album like Sindhubairavi was released in the last 10 years?? no music based films, plain insipid love stories coming out one after another with no scope for good music..)

2. ARR the trendsetter, introducing dime-a-dozen singers and all of them vanishing after 1 or 2 songs? Caroline, Anupama, Febi, clinton, noel, and countless others..I feel that ARR does this for 2 reasons..one to have HIS stamp firmly on his songs and not let someone like SPB overshadow with his sheer singing abilities and secondly its a cheap "gimmick"..like how people fell for Suckwindher Singh in salaam gulaamu..

and others are just follwing suit..

Post Thanks / Like

Dhanya (@ ) on: Tue Feb 11 03:57:34 EST 2003

Chitra is my favourite singer and I believe no one can replace her.I firmly believe CHITRA IS THE BEST.Its true that she is not getting so many songs,may be 'coz she is busy with her kid.All other reasons are non-sense.She is a very talented person and can sing any type of songs.She is still the no:1.

Post Thanks / Like

Subbu (@ 216.*) on: Tue Feb 11 22:58:20 EST 2003

It happened for many right from P Leela, Jikki, Jamuna RaNi, L R Eswari....P. Susheela... Vani Jayaram... S.Janaki. How about the downfall of TMS and even KJY and these days for SPB. We all can say that they are legends and no one can replace them. Fully agree with this that no one's voice can replace the history creators like the above mentioned singers. But we need to accept that young talents are to be encouraged and new voices to be in the rise. Obviously the old will slowly vanish and new comes in.. It so happened in PS, SJ and KJY that they played very long innings than any other artists. But now, their span is just 10 - 12 years, which may even reduce as the time goes. So, instead of cribbing that the legends are not being given songs, let us be happy with listening to their good old melodies besides cheering the young artists.

Hope I have not hurt anyone's feelings

Post Thanks / Like

Sam (@ 208.*) on: Wed Feb 12 10:48:25 EST 2003

kschitra is a major zombie. no life in her songs. bwood couldn't wait to show her the door. sumbody feed her b4 she goes into recording studio next time. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Dorai (@ 165.*) on: Wed Feb 12 11:18:47 EST 2003

Sam,
    Shut-up. Do you know what play back singing is all about ?. Please listen to her songs before making any wild statements like this.

1. Kannallanee... (Bombay)
    2. Uyireee.... (Bombay)
    3. Enesai Padivaram (Tullatha Manmum Tullum).
    4. Ethetho Ennam Vallarthen...

Please listen to these songs before making your judgement.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam (@ 208.*) on: Wed Feb 12 11:40:48 EST 2003

Dorai:
    think twice b4 u tell someone to shut up. i have listened to enuf of the zombie renditions. they all sound like a dying lizard tryin to sing. take a hike

Post Thanks / Like

Dorai (@ 165.*) on: Wed Feb 12 14:16:48 EST 2003

Sam,
    You don't like any TFM singers including KJY, SPB, UnniK, Hariharan... Tell me what your expectations are ?.

If you rate KSC as zombie, then the whole bunch of bollywood singers are nothing but crapy....

Post Thanks / Like

av (@ 132.*) on: Wed Feb 12 15:49:53 EST 2003

Sam:

Chitra is a zombie huh? Tell me what do you mean by that? She is a singer of superlative calibre and great commitment. A person who values music will find her voice and her singing style/ presentation to be quite literally miraculous, emotion-filled and unchallenged in its own right. In thread after thread, you keep insulting talented and legendary artists . We all know you hate all these singers, and since you have voiced your opinion, please stop it, will you? Allow people who enjoy and value Chitra's calibre to discuss her music.

I wouldnt mind if you were to be objective in your criticism of her singing, but you are not. You are just posting to irritate others and insult great artists!

Post Thanks / Like

Ravi (@ 217.*) on: Wed Feb 12 16:08:14 EST 2003

Congrats on KSChitra's new daughter.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast