Cast - Ajith (plays 3 characters), Asin Thottungal, Khushboo

Director - K.S.Ravikumar

Producer - S.S.Chakravarthy, NIC Arts

Art - Thotta Tharani

Camera - P.C.Sreeram

Lyrics - Vairamuthu

Choreography - Raju Sundaram

Stunts - Kanal Kannan

- There are going to be 6 songs in the film, as per media reports.

- One song by S.P.B and Sadhana Sargam - Already picturised with the lead pairs
    "kaatril oru vaarthai midhandhu varakandaen" song in GOD
    FATHER..this song is already shot and has come out well.

lyrics:vairamuthu
    sung by:SPB and sadhana sargam
    music:AR RAHMAN

- Ajith has two heroines, Asin and probably a Mumbai girl. The rest of the songs will be picturised in the backwaters of Kerala and other picturistic locales in India.

CURRENT STATUS - Slated for release on April 14th 2005. The other competing movies are Rajini's "Chandramukhi", Kamal's "Mumbai Express" and Shankar's "Anniyan".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Ajith to play a eunuch in Godfather

Ajith seems to have a penchant for doing double and triple roles and most of them have proved successful too. The latest is Godfather directed by K.S.Ravikumar where Ajith appears in a triple role. Ajith plays the role of a father and his two sons. The father is a famous dance choreographer and one of the sons play the role of a eunuch. Not many people get to play this kind of role. The versatile actress Manorama had to wait for almost 30 years to play this role.
    The heroine to pair opposite the eunuch is yet to be finalized. Asin will play the lead opposite the other Ajith. Godfather will be released along with other big bulls on Tamil New Years Day.

Post Thanks / Like

Godfather new stills!

U can check out Godfather new stills from www.behindwoods.com

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Veteran Hubber MrJudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    -deleted-

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mr Judge,he is currently busy with LOTR stage version,The Rising,and lately they started Rang De Basanti,just few days back,and also Ashutosh's next project,he is pretty busy in hfm now!
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Post Thanks / Like
    sanchayy,can u translate what is thta article is about???,or just tell a scatch what is it about
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm back in Tamil"- AR Rehman

Even rockets have to return to their base-station someday. AR Rehman is the rocket and Tamil cinema is the base-station.

After a busy schedule in New York and London, Rehman has finally found time for Tamil cinema again. "My previous film was 'Warriors of Heaven and Earth'. This is a Chinese film. I had to fly between Chennai and London to complete the film's re-recording. Chinese people like Mohana raaga. I had composed most of the tunes based on this raga and on Sindhu Bhairavi. They loved the tunes," he said.

Why were you avoiding Tamil films?

I'm dedicating this year to Tamil films. SJ Surya's 'Best Friend', KS Ravikumar's 'Godfather' and Kalaipuli Dhanu's film with a new director are some of the projects for the year. I'm planning to concentrate more on Tamil films right now.

Why do you make only three films in a year?

Tamil films are made on small budgets. So nobody gives sufficient time for music. I need at least three months to complete a film. If the film is unable to reach the audience, the music fails too. This has happened to me many times before.

AR Rehman was the one who had introduced singers like Udit Narayan and Sadhana Sargam to Tamil film industry. They are notorious for their bad pronunciation. How is Rehman going to justify it?

"Udit has a nice voice. Pronunciation is not important for music. If they are singing in unfamiliar languages, they should learn it first. I have told that to them before."

Rehman had composed music for UN's fight against Leprosy. The UN General Secretary Kofi Annan himself had narrated the concept to Rehman. Does he have any plans to help the tsunami victims too?

I was told that the affected people have received enough financial aid. I'm planning to do something to encourage them. I will surely participate in something like that.

http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotn...022005-6.shtml

Post Thanks / Like
    Asin stars in Ajith's new film
    By MIO Team
    Feb 02, 2005, 10:14

Printer friendly page

Asin is one of the heroines of Ajith's new film 'Godfather'.

For a long time, Asin was branded as an unlucky heroine in Tamil in spite of her fabulous career in Telugu. Things changed after the success of 'M Kumaran s/o Mahalakshmi', which was a comeback vehicle for Nadia Moidu. Soon, Asin was signed up for many films but most of them were dropped even before they were launched. One such film was Goutham Menon's 'Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikaalam'.

Now, Asin is busy acting with Ajith in his new film 'Godfather', directed by KS Ravikumar. This is his second film with Ravikumar after the successful 'Villain'. The film stars Ajith in triple roles- father, son and a transsexual.

The film is going to be released on Vishu.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/tamil/1487/

Senior Member Veteran Hubber MrJudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now why my posting is gone? I didn't use any abusive language....

Page 1 of 110 1231151101 ... LastLast