Thread: dr. arthur excited

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

dr. arthur excited

That was a strange experience for me yesterday. i would like to share with you.

“Oh, my God! My parents!!” Dr. Arthur Hertzberg 72 was awestruck, and then excited to see the photographs of his parents, intact with His Highness Uthradom Tirunal Marthanda Varma!!!

“That is incredible” he said. “I never expected a meeting with His Highness and the pictures of my parents in his collection” Arthur was overwhelmed.

Dr. Arthur and his wife Mette was in the city with a mission. They want to see the T B centre which was established by Dr. Gerhard Hertzberg father of Dr. Arthur. Dr. Gerhard was appointed by the WHO to establish a TB Centre in Thiruvananthapuram. This Norwegian physician spent a few years in this city when Arthur was a boy of 15.

“My father was the chief physician. Aase Liaaen was the lab technician and Anne Marie Gerhardsen was the Health Nurse. She conducted the tests for T B. If TB is found positive, she then organized similar tests for the entire family members. There was nearly 50 Indian staff. I remember the names of Dr. Kurian Mathai, and Dr. Mathew Thomas. In 1951, Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru inaugurated the hospital and my father delivered the key note address. Chithira Tirunal Raj Pramukh too was present” Dr. Arthur reminisced.
    When Dr. Arthur saw the life size portrait of Sree Chithira Thirunal at Kuthira Malika, he exclaimed: “I knew this person. A remarkable personality you can never forget”

“In those days we were residing at ESSENDE. I used to wander in this city on my bicycle. IT was very neat and the population was only 1, 50,000. It was my long wish to see the TB Centre and Essende” he said. With the help of P Janardahana Iyer active member of the TB Association, they were taken to the TB Association building. Dr. Arthur was deeply moved. The old structure with tiled roofs, took Arthur to his boyhood days. He took a few snaps of the building.

It was CRR VARMA the consort of Princess Pooyam Tirunal who informed Dr. Arthur, the possession of this valuable photographs, with His Highness. THE Maharaja too was keen to invite them to Pattam Palace.

His Highness was affability itself. The guests and the host were overjoyed. His Highness recollected his visits to Norway and the dinner arranged by Dr. Gerhard.

“You have a sharp memory” complimented DR. Arthur. “I took those photographs. So naturally I cannot forget?” answered His Highness. There was ill concealed excitement in their eyes.

“At Norway when our mother Alfhild told us about our visits to India, we were thrilled. My sister Helene studied Sanskrit in Norway from a Professor. She passed away three years ago” he said.

Every year we plan a visit to a country. We select the country in turns. It was my turn this time. Now my long wish is almost fulfilled. I could not visit ESSENDE. We are leaving Thiruvananthapuram on Sunday for Varkala, then to Kochi, Munnar and Chennai. If God willing we will make one more trip to this lovely city in next January” they say.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, a thrilling experience indeed! It is quite befitting that noble-minded, large-hearted, benevolent people get the blessed experience of such rare reunions, reminiscences & precious memories filled with nostalgia!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam
    Yes, a thrilling experience indeed! It is quite befitting that noble-minded, large-hearted, benevolent people get the blessed experience of such rare reunions, reminiscences & precious memories filled with nostalgia!

this is a stupid q's, but who is His Highness?
    Pardon me, I dont know him, never heard of him
    Anbe Sivam

Post Thanks / Like

H H UTHRADOM TIRUNAL MARTHANDA VARMA (85) IS THE PRESENT HEAD OF THE TRAVANCORE ROYAL FAMILY.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh thank you, akka!
    Anbe Sivam

Post Thanks / Like

akka!?
    thanx..
    akka chonna ketukkanum enna..!

Post Thanks / Like

repetition deleted