Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Malaysian Deepavali Show - RAJANNA RAJA THAAN - From Annak..

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kiru,

Please be informed that my consent is not needed for posting the landmark songs. The only caution is- do not go for popular songs or your favourites. They must be landmark songs for some valid reasons.

Thank you.

Manisekaran

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Manisekaran
    Kiru,

Please be informed that my consent is not needed for posting the landmark songs. The only caution is- do not go for popular songs or your favourites. They must be landmark songs for some valid reasons.

Thank you.

Manisekaran
    Dear Mani,
    Actually after posting yesterday, I had second thoughts about it sounding too definitive. It was meant only as a suggestion. Apologies to fellow posters, as I dont mean to be so heavy handed. To clarify, it would be nice, if the posted songs, pass your 'pre-requisites' for a 'landmark' song. Once you feel that it is a landmark, I think, we can call it a 'landmark' or 'Mani's Picks of Landmark Songs'. Do you think this way we posters will be able to maintain the continuity ?

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Idhayam Oru Koil - Lyrics controversy

Quote Originally Posted by rajdes
    The lyrical controversy raised by Kumudam with Idayam Oru Koil was as follows: THe claim was porutkutram rather than sorkutram.
    There is a line that goes
    "Paadhai ondru aana podum disaigal veramma
    Unadhu paadhai veru enahdu p[aadhai veramma"

The question ws if the paadhais are ondru as per first line, how come it becomes veru veru in second line.
    My take was that the paadhai in first line means "Road" (the physical entity) and the second line means "Path" (the abstract entity) as in the Career-path etc.

I still think the same - what do tamil experts think?
    'dhisai' means east/west/north/south etc. a 'paadhai' can go in two directions. i.e even if we both are on the same highway we could be going in opposite directions.
    The second line probably means the road ITSELF (stress here) is different. ie. there is too much difference.
    This way, I do not see any thing illogical in the lyrics.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    " 'kiru' 'kiru' kiru' kiru'ingren
    Naan norru norru norru norukiren ..
    "kiru" kiren .."kiru"kiren ...

- Thanks to Kadhal song ...

Pinniteenga ponga ...

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    On selecting more `landmark' songs of IR, question:
    Are we agreeing upon one of the following:

-idhu oru pon mAlaippozhudhu (or nizhalgaL alt., connoisseur's choice )
    -pani vizhum malar vanam (or Sridhar movies alt., TFM trend setters, iLamai oonjalAdukiRadhu started tea shop music culture, unique to TN, for example)
    -azhagiya kaNNE (or kAtril endhan geetham -etched in TF hall of fame category)
    -pAda vandhadhO gAnam (or isai mEdaiyil/pAda vA/ padum vAnambAdi , film made for songs only or mike-mohan trend)
    -sOlai pushpangaLE (songs bought from one movie to another, a different kind of recognition)

Why don't we go for a mini-nomination process Like the IR song that gets, say, 5 aye's from the active participants of this thread...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with eden! Let us put our choices for vote.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    eden!
    Instead of putting a bunch of songs up for the vote, let us put a film with landmark songs for vote. This will give everybody opportunity to explore all songs n that film. Let us do it chronologically, right from the earliest to the latest. My first nomination in the late 70s, early eighties period would be "ROsappoo Ravikkaikaari". Although we have discussed two Devaraj-Mohan movies with Ilayaraaja already (Annakkili & Chittukkuruvi). In this movie, Ilayaraaja used the voice of SPB to the tilt for a folk song. The song being "Uchi vagindheduthu". SPB singing a folk song for IR, this was the first time I guess. Another haunting song was "Ennullil Yaedho yaengum geedham" by Vani Jayaram. This was a melody composed for one of the most compromising situations in Thamizh screen. A reason which led to the film's ultimate failure at the BO. Nevertheless, IR gave a soulful melody. In addition there were a lot of thukkada songs which were a delight to a connoiseur of folk music. If we can discuss for this song, please respond with your opinions.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jaiganes

Are u sure "Rosappoo..' was an ultimate failure at BO?

This 100th movie of Sivakumar produced by Thirupoor Mani ran 100 days in Madras (I remember 100 days posters in Krishnaveni)?

However songs were ultimate and sure deserve to be discussed. "mamen oru naal ' was a wonderful duet..

SG cleverly copied the 'Uchi..' song as 'Pattvanna Rosavam' which became a big hit (both song an movie)

Bala

Post Thanks / Like
    balaji!
    I am not sure abt Rosa poo's BO fate. I was told this by my uncle.
    I am sure on one thing though is the impact the songs made. Also I remember seeing the remake of the movie in Telugu and kannada. Telugu one starred Chandramohan. Deepa remained the mainstay in both movies.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Renault's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Balaji,

SG's song u were mentioning was a special movie which had IR, SG and few other music directors working on one song a piece.. IR gave a master piece "Naan Oru Ponnoviyam Kanden" in that movie starring Rajesh and Vadivikkarasi.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast