Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CAUVERY wipes away TAMIL CHANNELS/TAMIL MOVIES

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

CAUVERY wipes away TAMIL CHANNELS/TAMIL MOVIES

In what way blocking tamil channels OR stopping the screening of tamil movies in karnataka, would solve cauvery issue?

We tamilians in karnataka do understand the anguish and irritation of kannadigas, but does BLOCKING entertainment channels solve the problem?

Fine we do understand blocking of the channels for a day, or two OR EVEN A WEEK.

Its been more th an A FORTNIGHT AND no action whatsoever has been taken by anybody except tamil sangam to GIVE US BACK OUR RIGHTS!!!

Is this not INTERFERING IN BASIC RIGHTS of a citizen?

Is this a mature way of dealing or protesting a dispute?

Is it not as childish as a 3 year old snatching the other 3 year old's toy
    because of irritation?

When we are with ppl of karnataka, is this the way we receive recognition of fellowship?

We tamilians in karnataka, feel VERY HURT by this behaviour.

No! Not just because of blocking of channels or blocking of films being screened, but because of the WAY WE ARE BEING segregated and looked down upon and treated as MINORITIES.

This is indirectly saying... "THIS IS MY PLACE, I rule, U LISTEN"

WE ARE HURT.

This being the plight of NON-TV-VIEWERS like me, how sad and crumbled down
    would be the world of tv-addicts?!

NDTV report on the same...

http://www.ndtv.com/morenews/showmor...onal&id=101002

Quoting the report,

However, with entertainment being blocked every time there is an interstate issue, they are beginning to ask what it is going to take to make them feel at home in Karnataka.
    YES. Thats precisely the question in the mind of most tamilians right now.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anbe Sivam

Senior Member Senior Hubber podalangai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, Bangalore like many other Indian cities is becoming very intolerant, not only of Tamils but of all minorities. This has a lot to do with the unbalanced economic growth which our country is having and the feeling of frustration and disempowerment it breeds. But there are also other factors.

The Kaveri action is part of this intolerance. In the 1990s, I briefly worked with a mediation centre in rural Karnataka. This was when there was high drama in Bangalore with Tamils fleeing the city to TN. In Mandya itself, however, there was no problem. The people were if anything very apologetic about the rioting in Bangalore. The farmers there also had a much more constructive attitude to the dispute than the politicians in both Bangalore and Chennai. As farmers who had suffered bad harvests and insufficient water, they had a strong empathy for their counterparts in Thanjavur. But not the people in Bangalore.

Have you heard about the plight of the Tamils of the Kolar Gold Fields area? This pales in comparison.
    ni enna periya podalangai-nu ennama?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even i heard about this ..... well, this is not the first time bangalore is facing these intolerant situations and hardships due to cauvery ...... Just coz this place happens to be a capital of the state and there exists no other connection to the river ......

I feel atleast we should be happy that atleast there was good police protection during the agitation ............

stopping the channels would definitely not ease the situation...
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    'mannin mainthar' syndrome - a feature of our unity in diversity Indian scenario!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was visiting Bangalore in the early 1990s during a similar intense situation concerning the Cauvery river waters issue. Whenever I had to go out, my relatives impressed upon me never to speak in Tamil on any account, but to do so only in English or Hindi. The intensity of anti Tamil feeling had even gripped Ulsoor (where the Tamil population is considerable) so much, that not many people ventured to speak in this language outside the house. Its very regrettable and condemnable that Kannada chauvinism is rearing up its head so vehemently once again. Lets hope the Bangalore Thamizh Sangam's efforts bear fruit and the unofficial censorship of Tamil cable tv channels is withdrawn.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    removing so called JOKES
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bingleguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Designer
    I was visiting Bangalore in the early 1990s during a similar intense situation concerning the Cauvery river waters issue. Whenever I had to go out, my relatives impressed upon me never to speak in Tamil on any account, but to do so only in English or Hindi. The intensity of anti Tamil feeling had even gripped Ulsoor (where the Tamil population is considerable) so much, that not many people ventured to speak in this language outside the house. Its very regrettable and condemnable that Kannada chauvinism is rearing up its head so vehemently once again. Lets hope the Bangalore Thamizh Sangam's efforts bear fruit and the unofficial censorship of Tamil cable tv channels is withdrawn.
    idhula onnum koranjavanga illa .... Fanatism is there with everybody .... namma oorlayum dhaan irukku ......

Prestige should be with their own languages ... thamizh or hindi ... or kannada for that matter ... but not showing hatred against other languages ...

Thamizh nattula kooda dhaan Hindi edhirppu panninaanga ... adhu mattum seriyaa ....

sarchaiya kilappa idhai sollalai ... and i know nobody will accept this ... still sollanum nnu thonithu ... sonnen .... !
    Vasanth : Chauvinism is there in many places, I know. But in this specific instance its Kannada Chauvinism which is affecting Tamilians living in B'lore, which is the reason for this topic in the first place. Is it not chauvinism to block out only Thamizh channels?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    / dig
    It should be noted that TN govt never opposed anyone from learning Hindi, listenign to Hindi music and watching Hindi movies. It was a different scenario altogether. It won't fit here. Even we have branches of "Dakshina Bharatha Hindi Prachar Sabha" in various parts of TN which helps many tamils to learn the language. No one in the TN have opposed this and tried to demolish the same. It should be noted that TN is not against Hindi language, movies, TV channels etc
    / dig
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar
    / dig
    It should be noted that TN govt never opposed anyone from learning Hindi, listenign to Hindi music and watching Hindi movies. It was a different scenario altogether. It won't fit here. Even we have branches of "Dakshina Bharatha Hindi Prachar Sabha" in various parts of TN which helps many tamils to learn the language. No one in the TN have opposed this and tried to demolish the same. It should be noted that TN is not against Hindi language, movies, TV channels etc
    / dig
    Selva...

The opposition in TN was to imposing Hindi as a compulsory subject. If they had gone ahead with that decision, whole of the non-hindi speaking population would have become a 2nd grade citizen in due course. Infact, this has been the one nagging question that every non-tamilian wants to ask us downsouth.
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast