Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy in TFM - Viswaroopam

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy in TFM - Viswaroopam

Topic started by Jay (@ 203.124.234.166) on Tue Jan 28 01:28:13 EST 2003.

Remember the Music Director trio Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, the music directors of Kamal Hassan's Alavandhaan. They seem to be missing in the Tamil scene for the last 2 years and they are doing really good in the Hindi field. They have given solid musical hits in Hindi such as; Mission Kashmir, Dil Chahtha Hai. I think they can be brought to the Tamil films again. I feel they are definitely better than Deva and a few others. I think they are the best as far as Hindi Film Music goes after A R Rahman.

I would like healthy comments who listen to Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy and have a fair knowledge of Hindi Film Industry.

18SHANKAR.jpg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Old responses

Post Thanks / Like

Vijoy Shekhar (@ 217.*) on: Thu Sep 2 11:55:21 EDT 2004

Hi Ehsaan,
    Hows Roop Kumar Rathod??? He seems to be one of those unlucky guys, who can sing very well, but no chance....even though he is the brother of Shravan of Nadeem-Shravan...

T-Series is famous for such things..they have done lots of re-recording to promote Anuradha Poduval and Sonu Nigam.

Post Thanks / Like

Somuda (@ 65.2*) on: Mon Sep 6 22:30:51 EDT 2004

Congrats on the new assignment for Sunil Darshan movie

Somuda

Post Thanks / Like

Jhankaar (@ 203.*) on: Sat Sep 11 08:25:39 EDT 2004

hi ehsaan,
    How'd u rate the new singers like Shreya?

Post Thanks / Like

Ehsaan (@ 202.*) on: Sat Sep 11 14:46:35 EDT 2004

shreya is a very good singer i cant really rate singers as each and every one of them has something to offer . but yes shreya has a lovely voice and has the technique to go with it

Post Thanks / Like

Ehsaan (@ 202.*) on: Sat Sep 18 10:30:03 EDT 2004

what is it with the current trend in tamil music all the songs are the typical 6/8 rhythm like the song ' manmatrasa " by dheena which had dhanush in it !!!! every time one puts on ss music thats all one hears !!!what happened to the lovely melodic music one heard from tfm

Post Thanks / Like

MumbaiRamki (@ 63.1*) on: Sat Sep 18 11:16:59 EDT 2004

Ehasan ,

I think you have not listened to the melodies in recent movies ,though i agree teh ratio of stree songs /Melodies has gone down ...atleast i can give u a list of melodies which had 3-4 melodies ..

1.7/g RainBow colony by Yuvan Shankar Raaja
    2.Varnajalam - By Vidhyasagar
    3.Ragasiymai by Karthik Raaja
    4.Kudaikul Mazhai by Karthik Raaja
    5.Bose by Yuvan Shankar Raaja
    6.Chellame by Harris jeyarj
    7.Parthipan Kanavu by Vidhyasagar
    8.ULLAM by Yuvan SHankar Raaja
    9.Autograph by Bharadwaj
    10.Kangalal Kadihu Sei - ARR
    11.Thendral by Vidhyasagar
    12.Virumaandi by Illayraaja

Post Thanks / Like

Bala (@ 68.3*) on: Sat Sep 18 21:56:34 EDT 2004

Ehsaan,

Best wishes on your new ventures. Glad to see talented guys like you (Shankar& Loy) gaining more popularity than the likes of Annu, Jatin and the other composers

One thing that pains us is the lack of respect to South Inidan singers in Bollywood. If time permits please read chitra's interview at
    http://www.telugucinema.com/c/stars/interview_chitra_2004.shtml.

Chitra is one of the best singers we have and she is being treated similar (May be a littel better) to waht happened to Vani Jayaram in the 70s.

Tamil/Telugu insustries weclome North Inidan singers and give their due (Sometimes at the expense of some good singers here). In Tamil Sadhana sings frequently, while in telugu, every other file has Udit, Shreya, Shankar singing.

When Rajashri opted fro Chitra in their latest film, the many hindi magazines gave scathing review of her. I remember comparing her to the male singer who was introduced by L-P in PREM (I believe Sanjay Kapoor and Tabu's first movie) and comments said how she sounded non hindi-ish?

ANy comments on this?

Will Bollywood ever change and come out of their narrow outlook? Can South Indian Singers never get their due in Bollywood?

Shame on Bollywood Music Directors if they call Chira to sing and later dub it over by some other singer.

Bala

Post Thanks / Like

Ehsaan (@ 202.*) on: Wed Sep 22 13:10:21 EDT 2004

hi thanks for your kind comments . we have used chitra in the past for te soundtrack of our film armaan. she is a great singer and working with her was a lovely experience. it really is unfortunate that a lot fo singers from the south dont get used here. i guess some singers like anuradha sriram and chitra have been a few songs.
    very often the excuse made is that the pronounciation is wrong and that there is a string south indian accent. i somehow dont believe that it is true because with the right supervision these things are corrected. we have worked with chitra , srinivas and sujatha and we hope that we will work with a lot more of them in the future.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast