Thread: ARR RECEIVES SWARALAYA AWARD

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

ARR RECEIVES SWARALAYA AWARD

“Rs. 50- that was my first earning” reminisce A R Rehman, renowned composer. He was in the capital city to receive SWARALAYA Yesudas Award.

“When I was operated 12 I operated a record player as directed by M K Arjunan a close associate of R K SEKHAR, father of ARR. That was my first remuneration” disclosed he in presence of an array of leading singers, composers and lyricist. The function was held at SOORYKANTHI auditorium.

On entering the upbeat auditorium, he waved his hands and sang a few lines from the Manirtnam film Guru.

Yesudas while talking on the occasion remembered Bharanikkavu sivakumar who passed away a few days ago. “Rehman at 8 set to tune Sivakumar’s lyrics “ushaso? Sandhyayo? Sundari…?” ARR scaled new heights because of hard work only, said yesudas. The presence of ARR’s mother Karina Beegum and M K Arjunan, who had long association with R K Sekhar, added color to the function. Karina Beegum was honored by Prabha Yesudas.

Mattannur Sankarankutty and his team, gave a special honor to ARR, presented unique percussion performance.
    “Sekahr passed away leaving behind a treasure and that is ARR” said M K Arjunan.
    On reaching the venue, ARR, walked up to MK Arjunan, and greeted him. M K overwhelmed. Elated he held him close and said “he came with chinna chinna asai. Now his skill has touched incredible heights.”
    K S CHITRA, M G RADAHKRISHNAN, SUJATHA, SADHANA SARGAM, UNNIKRISHNAN, UNNI MENON, ARUNDHATI, CHITRA IYER AND MANJARI too were present on the occasion.
    The award consists of one lakh rupees, a citation, and a sculpture designed by kanayi kunjuraman. The function was followed by music night

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement