Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 best get-ups of tamil cinema

Senior Member Veteran Hubber VENKIRAJA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

10 best get-ups of tamil cinema

Make-up has become so serious in Tamil cinema.With its pioneer kamalhassan going in recently for a 'Dasa'vatharam;Ajith(as sources told)opts a navarathnam in 2008;even Vijay trying a Monarch get-up in a song-sequence of his pongal cash-ringer Pokkiri;Surya,Jeeva,Vikram who're ever involved in sculpting themselves,lately Superstar Rajnikanth after a long time said to have shaven his head for Sivaji,feel that get-ups are part n parcel of the game.Now,lets decide and discuss what best faces our heroes have given us to watch in cephia tone.(With respect to the nobler sex,Manorama alone stands out.So I avoided them)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber girishk14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raam Jeeva is is very awesome get up!!!!!!!!!!! :jump:
    Yetho Ninaikirean song from Thalainagaram is number 1 in Singapore this year

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 10 best get-ups of tamil cinema

Quote Originally Posted by VENKIRAJA
    With its pioneer kamalhassan going in recently for a 'Dasa'vatharam
    I am great fan of Kamal, but I don't think you should use the word pioneer there.

Before him, there was Sivaji, and his so many screen incarnations.

And then, there was MR. Radha and his awesome Rattha Kanneer.

Maybe the title of your thread should read, "10 best contemporary get-ups in the cinema". Good thread, but you got to contemporarise it.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    u see,men forget things.so,the the forgivers should forgive the forgetters.do that at once.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've never forgiven myself, dear forgetter. How shall this unforgiven forgive one that is amnesiac. Next thing you know the forgetter will forget that he is forgiven and seek forgiving once again. Alas, poor Orrick.

Okay. In terms of contemporary. Are you looking at make up or get up?

I think these days, the attention on get up is much more serious than it was before. Before, the acting takes care of everything. But today, the costume people play an equally important role.

Let's see outside of song sequence. Anyone can wear anything during the song sequence. But what about outside of that.

The best get up should be the ones where it identifies the character.

The most interesting ones I saw recently would be that of Ajith in the flashback scenes in Varalaru. That was coupled with his own good performance.

And then, I saw clips from E, and was amazed with Jeeva's ability to transform himself to a street kid.

Let's not forget Pasupathi and Veyyil. I haven't seen the movie but I saw the clips and stills.

Very positive growth, I should say.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 10 best get-ups of tamil cinema

Make-up has become so serious in Tamil cinema. With its pioneer kamalhassan going in recently for a 'Dasa'vatharam.....)

errrr... there were tamil movies before the 80s too.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    ithukku aen azuvureenga chellams?o.k.lets include heroes right from t.r.ramachandran,p.u.chinnappa,thyagaraja bhagavathar.alright?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorr, when I began posting there were only two. Now Groucho seems to have said what I wanted to say and more. :P

Groucho, good that you have decided to educate (here and for Gouravam too )
    Me? I feel so tired. Must be the age.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Let's see outside of song sequence. Anyone can wear anything during the song sequence. But what about outside of that.
    This is what I was about to say. Again, Hit the Nail on the Head ! Personally, I love to see actors in their normal get-up. I mean - Kamal in Moondram Pirai, Mahaanadhi etc. That doesn't mean I hate his get-ups. The one that I like is the old man get-up in Indian.

When it comes to NT, the one that immediately comes to my mind is the way he portrayed "Appar". That getup and acting was too good and will easily win. And Ya.. M.R.Radha was awesome in RathaKaneer.

Next to that, Sathyaraj is good. But he is spoiling this advantage with lot of get-ups not related to the film. He was too good as a old man cum villan in AmaidhiPadai.

After that, as far as my favorite star is concerned, he looks too good as a normal guy. (VaaLi, Mugavari, aalwar etc) Oflate, he seems to be the one who was affected with this get-up phenomenon. He failed in parts in Citizen and corrected the same with Villan and the recent one Varalaaru !

Post Thanks / Like
    ithukku aen azuvureenga chellams?
    chellamaa?

paramasivan kazhuththilirundhu paambu sonnadhu chellamaa
    yaarum irukkum idaththil irundhu kondaal ellaam chellamE
    garudan sonnadhu, adhil arththam ulladhu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast