Thread: Oru Ponnu Oru Paiyan By Karthik Raja

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oru Ponnu Oru Paiyan By Karthik Raja

http://sevenmountain.blogspot.com/20...io-review.html

The songs are KR's melodies with three differently styled tracks..listen to them and you will see rock and roll as well

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heard all the songs 3-4 times ....ABsolutely refreshing and disappointing ...

My review in 6 lines

1.Yanai Pasi - Amazing song ,superb interludes ,if not this song resembles Hai Ram from Rangeela

2.MalargaLae MalarGale - Madhusree/Sadhana ,High Pitch song ,resembles IR stuff - though this is listenable ..

3.Oru Ponnu - IR style synth stuff of 90s ..Not bad at all ,listenable

4.Kalkona udhuttukari - Azhagan Ratchsiye raaga i guess ,similar song ..Very Nice Song,simple orchestration though.Atleats they could have avoided similar lyrics

5.Nenjil - Superb stuff ! Slow daunting melody .Can be compared to Azhage Sugama from PP ..Hats Off !

6.So Sweet - WOW prelude and orchestration ..amazing song ....Like Something SOmething

Better than Muruga ,but falls short of naaLai ...Its disappointing because it resembles other songs ,but only at the first few hearings !

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/...ru%20ponnu.asp

praising much about move and KR a lot

now I want to listen songs

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tamil weekly Kalki [ the only Tamil magazine that is sensible in these days of yellow journalism] has given a thumbs up to Karthik raja's music and songs in "oru ponnu oru paiyyan" [what a lame title !!! ] . The song "nenjil" is quite haunting according to the review

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Veteran Hubber MrJudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was a message posted in Yuvan's thread comparing him with Karthik Raja. I wanted to reply to it but kept postponing it and I was looking for the appropriate thread instead of digressing there. I think when guys like Imaan/Srikanth Deva get new projects in TFM, I feel really bad for KR. He is the most talented technically among the new composers, but still couldn't break the jinx. He doesn't use his opportunities well and his albums sound like even he doesn't want to listen to them again. If he gives Ullasam/DDD every album, people will like them for sure. I don't understand what the probelms with him, he never comes out and uses studios like Kalasa and uses Prasad always. Also his selection of sounds is not good either. He never tries new sounds. If he takes care of sound selection and recording in good studio, he will be back. I hope he comes back in 2008 with good projects and proves what he is capable of.

I heard that Azhagam Perumal (DDD director) is going to direct a film next year, he may rope in KR for that project.

I know Mumbai Ramki is a very big fan of KR. Some people offended you in Yuvan's thread, don't take them seriously.
    'யுவன் இன்றி ஓரணுவும் அசையாது!'

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJudge

Some people offended you in Yuvan's thread, don't take them seriously.
    I have not read them yet. YSr threads are such a hot cake that a guy like eme who checks once a day has to scroll 1-2 pages to see what has been written

On KR using old sounds - I feel he does the other way . Either he used very stock rythms or quite quite unusual rythms . Both may not find a patient listener. Also after 2001, he has been using Loops very less .

Senior Member Veteran Hubber MrJudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MumbaiRamki
    On KR using old sounds - I feel he does the other way . Either he used very stock rythms or quite quite unusual rythms . Both may not find a patient listener. Also after 2001, he has been using Loops very less .
    I find his rhythms are monotonous coming in like 'kavithaigal sollava' song. Even on his new year(?) program with Vikram, he played some new songs in outdoor. Though they are good, they had the same feel. He has himself trapped for melodies with same beats.
    'யுவன் இன்றி ஓரணுவும் அசையாது!'