Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Album of the week

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whenever i listen to Thiruda Thiruda it defly brings back my school memory!

1. Kannum Kannum

This was my fav when I was in school.We used to discuss about the lyrics and video of this song, in my classroom.Funny song, but very different one in that period

2.Chandralekha

IMO this is the first song with such a classy beats! Excellent pictuarisation is yet another plus of this song.

3. Veerapaandi

It is one of the best song of ARR. "...Vaal munayil oru suyawarama;managaikul...." after this line slowly the song will reach the fast phase..excellent!!

4. Putham Pudhu

When I was studying my college days myfriends sang this song and got first prize in an inter-college competion, simple but amazing song!

5. Thee Thee

It is my pick of the album! What a song!! What a picturaisation!! What a beautiful,rich female voice!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heared that Thiruda Thiruda is the first album to be released as musical CD, is that true? (I read it in Sujatha's 'Kattradhum Petradhum')

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thiruda Thiruda.... One among the truly groundbreaking albums in TFM. ARR has scaled so many peaks in this one single album, that it is still tough to compare it with his other magnum opus albums. I should say both ARR and MR were too ambitious with this album and ARR pulled it off succesfully. This is what I will call "pushing the envelope"...

Kannum kannum - Nice cool song... ARR has imbibed certain key elements of rock music in this song. An audacious interpretation of Rock in TFM!!

Chandralekha - This was my favourite when the album was released... and even now it is my favourite ARR once said that he suggested to do a song like Michael Jackson. But MR was apprehensive of wether it would fit into TFM or ppl will like it. The song that he came up with is this one. Sure it is modelled on MJ's pop, but where do we see the similarity?
    And the programmed loops part... simply awesome... never b4 in TFM . And the maestro's wizardry comes to the fore once again when he uses a pucca indian instrument like veena in this western song... and to wat effect he uses it....

veerapandi - Another awesome number... especially the western classical influenced interludes. if there is one thing that ARR has acheived in this album, it is to have mastered almost all kinds of instruments. And that includes vocals too which is evident in this song. Vocals compete against instruments in a dialogue sort of interlude. That is my fav portion of the song ...

thee thee - Well, I hated this number in the beginning. I thot ARR did this just for the sake of adding one song. Ofcourse now you can almost predict my current opinion. This song is just too awesome to be appreciated in one hearing. I have been to several light music competitions in college culturals and in most of them, a group from Hindustan engineering college wins. In every single competition they perform this song and get accolades. Especially the flute interludes, a guy called naveen (coincidence? .. ) plays it perfectly. This song is so awesome that they win almost every competition. Last yr saarang they lost.. proly coz of being repetitive

There are other songs in this album... but enough said. No words can justify this truly wholesome album... long live the genius
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Senior Member Senior Hubber rayan36's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    This is one of my all time favorite albums. Specially the song Rasathi, what an amazing song. I still don’t know who sings that song. What an amazing and refreshing voice. It’s simply amazing.

It's Sahull Hammed

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am still staggered how ARR deem to inlcude Rasaathi-a folk based into an ultra modern path-ground-concrete breaking soundtrack

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber lancelot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rayan36
    This is one of my all time favorite albums. Specially the song Rasathi, what an amazing song. I still don’t know who sings that song. What an amazing and refreshing voice. It’s simply amazing.

It's Sahull Hammed
    ahhh. wat are his other songs with ARR? how come he don sing no more?

hehe
    Sadhakallahu Nabiyul Kareem - A R Rahman

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rayan36

It's Sahull Hammed
    ahhh. wat are his other songs with ARR? how come he don sing no more?

hehe
    I guess he is not alive.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna
    I guess he is not alive.
    sadly yes.... ....he was killed in a road accident......ARR had said "this is one of the most shocking/bad news that i've ever got".......

other songs of shahul hameed with ARR:

1. Maari mazhai (uzhavan)
    2. Edhukku pondatti (Kizhakku cheemayile)
    3. Usilambatti penkutti (Gentleman)

as far as i can remember........
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I missed one more song!

6.Rasathee..

Shahul Hameed mesmerizing voice... "kolusu mani sirippum kumari siripumm keppa kepadheppO!" .... can we define melody in a single word? Its "Rasathee...!"

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Dragun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna
    I guess he is not alive.
    sadly yes.... ....he was killed in a road accident......ARR had said "this is one of the most shocking/bad news that i've ever got".......

other songs of shahul hameed with ARR:

1. Maari mazhai (uzhavan)
    2. Edhukku pondatti (Kizhakku cheemayile)
    3. Usilambatti penkutti (Gentleman)

as far as i can remember........
    Senthamizh Naattu (Vandicholai Chinarasu)
    Vaarayo Thozhi (Jeans)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    and for "thee thee" song, i think the jadhis were sung by suresh peters
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast