Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Album of the week

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber AudazJay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was listening to Ae Hairathe. Amazing rendition by Hariharan and Alka Yagnik This one song is enough to elevate the beauty of Guru. Am totally in love with the number now
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Swades - ARRs best work.

Yes, I KNOW it is!

The film itself is Ashutosh Gowariker’s and SRK’s best film till date. I'm not sure how natives feel but as an NRI this film very emotional. SRK gave the performance of his career in this one.

Even though the film got critical acclaim, it's a shame the film bombed commercially leading to disappearance of the attention the music truly deserved.

However, I believe the album still lives in the hearts and souls of certain individuals. It certainly does for me and I can’t predict if ARR can ever compose a complete album like this and anyway I don’t care about the commercial scene and all I know is that I was touched by something supernatural when hearing this album.

What makes an album?

Well simply put a complete album is not a one track album, where only one song gets hyped and the rest get washed away.

This music of this album does not carry any influence of ARR prior to this or post this audio. It even doesn’t sound like any of the material he was releasing during that period. Yet ironically, the album carries the ARR stamp all the way throughout. For this reason, it soars so high that personally I feel ARR might have difficulty being on par with this album let alone surpassing it.

Each song can be termed as a complete album. They have so much weight, that even by pure chance I will never forget each individual song. All songs are different that it makes me wonder, did one composer actually make this album. I don’t know what phase ARR was going through, but the passion here is so spiritually nostalgic yet being modern and fresh to the core.

I’m too immature to write about the songs separately and probably will never talk about them as I don’t think me or for that matter any reviewer can do justice to these songs. I think everyone can relate to a song from this movie even if they can’t relate to the album as a whole.

Charan sparsh to the whole team of this movie.

(I’m not in a position to talk about Thalaivar’s best Tamil album or overall best album but for me in Hindi, this is the epitome of beauty.)

Sorry for deviating from the thread's title.

Sunil

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil_M88 View Post
    Swades - ARRs best work.

Yes, I KNOW it is!

The film itself is Ashutosh Gowariker’s and SRK’s best film till date. I'm not sure how natives feel but as an NRI this film very emotional. SRK gave the performance of his career in this one.

Even though the film got critical acclaim, it's a shame the film bombed commercially leading to disappearance of the attention the music truly deserved.

However, I believe the album still lives in the hearts and souls of certain individuals. It certainly does for me and I can’t predict if ARR can ever compose a complete album like this and anyway I don’t care about the commercial scene and all I know is that I was touched by something supernatural when hearing this album.

What makes an album?

Well simply put a complete album is not a one track album, where only one song gets hyped and the rest get washed away.

This music of this album does not carry any influence of ARR prior to this or post this audio. It even doesn’t sound like any of the material he was releasing during that period. Yet ironically, the album carries the ARR stamp all the way throughout. For this reason, it soars so high that personally I feel ARR might have difficulty being on par with this album let alone surpassing it.

Each song can be termed as a complete album. They have so much weight, that even by pure chance I will never forget each individual song. All songs are different that it makes me wonder, did one composer actually make this album. I don’t know what phase ARR was going through, but the passion here is so spiritually nostalgic yet being modern and fresh to the core.

I’m too immature to write about the songs separately and probably will never talk about them as I don’t think me or for that matter any reviewer can do justice to these songs. I think everyone can relate to a song from this movie even if they can’t relate to the album as a whole.

Charan sparsh to the whole team of this movie.

(I’m not in a position to talk about Thalaivar’s best Tamil album or overall best album but for me in Hindi, this is the epitome of beauty.)

Sorry for deviating from the thread's title.

Sunil
    Ashutosh Gowarikar is all set to make a sequel of his critically acclaimed film ‘Swades’. According to the sources, Ashutosh is in talks to retain Shah Rukh Khan, who played Mohan Bhargava a NRI in the prequel.

“I am planning to make ‘Swades 2’ but it’s too early to talk about it,” said Gowarikar who denied to divulge more details about the story.

The sources also informed that though SRK is the first choice of the filmmaker, there shall be change as far as actress in the film is concerned. Gayatri Joshi was introduced opposite Khan in ‘Swades’ but since she has quit the industry after marriage, a new replacement is being considered.
    Sources added that the story board is like a second chapter where Mohan Bhargava, the protagonist will be on a journey to set up basic amenities for another part of rural India.

The 200 odd minutes film ‘Swades’ which had a message for every Indian who desired to make his name abroad when his soil needed him the most is all set to move forward with a sequel which will show the NRI trying his best for the upliftment of his fellow Indian citizens.

Thanks - Daily Bhaskar
    Source: http://www.srktimes.com/2011/06/swad...gowarikar.html

Sorry for posting this here but since I've been gaga over swades since day 1, this is the biggest news of the year for me.

Please Rahman ji accept this project

AG & SRK

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    we can understand that sunil
    infact its a great project to be associated with.
    lets see when things develop.
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where does all other threads disappear?

Just want to ask fellow hubbers what is your most listened soundtrack of ARR and why? And you think that never ceases out of your life.
    Last edited by Scale; 8th September 2011 at 02:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    or a specific song for that matter

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Songs which come to my mind immediately:
    pudhu vellai mazhai
    urvasi
    yakkai thiri
    mann mohini
    mangta hai kya
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    பூ கொடியின் புன்னகை
    கண்டுகொண்டேன் கண்டுகொண்டேன்
    மலர்களே மலர்களே
    குறுக்குச் சிறுத்தவளே
    குலுவாலிலே
    நான் பாடும் சந்தம்
    எதுக்கு பொண்டாட்டி
    இஞ்சேருங்கோ இஞ்சேருங்கோ
    எனக்கொரு கேர்ள் ஃப்ரண்ட்
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber satissh_r's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Masakali - Everything about this song is pleasant. Mood changer
    Yakkai Thiri - Kick ass and pure vintage Rahman
    Munbe Va - Shreya Ghosal
    Naan Paadum Sandham - One of my all time favourites
    Kangalil Enna Eeramo - lullaby for me
    Kaadhal Rojave - Humming onnu podhum, ennamo pannum... solla mudiyatha oru feeling
    Minnale - SPB
    Hello Mr Ethirkatchi - Those middle parts where Harini goes in a hush hush tone
    Enge Enathu Kavithai - Nadhas + Chitra
    Patience, Forgiveness and Understanding are great tools for humanity...! Spread the Love - A R Rahman

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the response.

Let me take the initiative in explaining it further that could be more informative and useful share. Gone are the days are crazy youthful listening of Roja, Bombay, Thiruda Thiruda, Dil Se, ... even today as much as I look for a innovative album, the best of singing, emotional & meaningful lyrics, feel, I think these songs cannot be matched. ARR & VM have lacerated the listener's mind very deeply literally puts me into a state of deep rage and sympathy.

Yeah, that's Kannathil Muthamittal for me.

Oru Deivam Thantha Poove
    Vidai Kodu Engal Naade
    Vellai Pookkal

These three songs have surpassed all my favorite album/nos yet I think this will never cease out of my life.

Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast