Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Album of the week

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kadhalan is another one..although it was abit massy with muqaala and oorvasi which showed the usually focussed skill of him (rhythms) there is a melody that can compete with his best melodies so far. Ennavaley adi Ennavaley..lyrics..the orchestration and the soothing sound it produces when you singing..scintillating stuff. Was it piano that he used in ennavaley? I remember the way it rushes after the female lead singers says "hmmm"..:P

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope its not piano but the keyboard with the flute and the carnatic violin and the rush im talking about comes in the midst of the second interlude :P

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes Hulkster .... that song... WOW... no words to describe it !!! absolute magic ... with a fresh voice, Unnikrishnan with that flute & usage of the female harmony... adada...simply the best... ....

aii...we were suppose to talk about Rangeela but end up in Kadhalan.. hehe... hope the next album of the week is kadhalan...lotsa stuff to talk about that album... 9 great tracks
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we can officially start on Kadhalan as its a new week now :P I would also like to share my views about some of the songs that ARR has tunes especially yeraani which has good telugu folk usage especially the beats.

Digression
    */ Dinesh how was the response to liverpool's defeat by manutd..i bet there would have been a massive uproar :P */
    End Digression

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Superb album by ARR was rangeela. It stunned north indian walas for its new kind of music. Rahman knows clearly how a singer will tell his name indirectly while singing his tune. When I was listening to Chithra's number in rangeela, i wondered this is chithra???

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [[ Hulkster... haha...yea..my frens were crazy & quarreling at class... i didint took part ofcource... haha ]]

Yes Sanjeevi, singers in ARR songs explore the other side of them, the deep passion towards music of theirs r usually visible in ARR's songs... a good example check out Chinamyi in Tere Bina - Guru

Yes.. Kadhalan... and no doubt about Mukkala's excellent & neat arrangement of loops at the ending of the song. Those loops were used by almost all the Mds of today but can never create a Mukkala effect :P
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Post Thanks / Like
    Ennavale in Kadhalan is one of ARR's best melodies.
    But my favourites are Pettai rap and Kaathalikum pennin

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinesh2002

Yes.. Kadhalan... and no doubt about Mukkala's excellent & neat arrangement of loops at the ending of the song. Those loops were used by almost all the Mds of today but can never create a Mukkala effect :P
    ARR is well versed in how to make his instruments talk for the situation...and thats why the loops he used at the end of the song gave prabhu deva's dance a double magical effect...actually those dance steps were still minimal but the loops did the rest. The MD thats use the loops now use it as beats for accompanying purpose or just to give the song a "polished" effect with no studying of the situation.

Ramsu ....Pettai Rap along with mukkabala showed why ARR is king of rhythms...he just tunes it to let you go all peppy...but i have interest in yerani gopala...it had some unique beats with some vibrant vocals which also showed ARR's interest in folk music

Post Thanks / Like
    adukulla one week aayidutha

kadhalan coool album........da only song i hate is muquabula.i should b in a very gud mood if i should listen to this song

pettai rap and ooravasi i love dese
    ennavalea- very touchy song wid full of emotions

kadhlikkum penning- cooooooooollllll song

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kadhaan is indeed a superb album...
    1) Oorvasi-Superb song,great music...Great dance movements..Listen to that bass guitar in one of those interludes...Great beats
    2)Ennavale-Cool as a breeze..Electronic piano,flutes,violins and bells to a grandeur effect..Easily one of Rahman's best..I can still remember an article way back in 1994 tat stated tat Rahman used a western band to play tat opening flute piece(May not be true)..
    3)Kollaiyile-No one talks about tis song...I love this song..Great melody..Short song but superb melody..
    4)Kadhalikum pennin-Another superb song..Great catchy number..Great singing by SPB.Great mandolin effects loop used thro'out this song..
    5)Muquabala-Wow..great number in alban's style..One of the greatest hits along Oorvasi and Ennavale..Powerful beats..As ARR fans we only hope tat ARR gives one song of this kind now.ARR himself admitted tat he did this song in a hurry and as a result the same loop was used by two composers(one being a western composer-the loop is a free one)...
    6) Errani-Some how I don't like this song..

Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast