Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reduction in ticket prices - Advantage/Disadvantage

Senior Member Devoted Hubber girishk14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bulb_mani
    There is one advantage :

PUblic will have to pay less

Disadvantage :

U cant see more quality stuff hereafter as producer will try to be stingy in production values
    who cares about whether the actors and producer gain or lose.........our duty is to watch the movie..........we are the public and it is total advantage for us...........
    Yetho Ninaikirean song from Thalainagaram is number 1 in Singapore this year

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber Ulaganayagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Govt may be right in bringing down the lowest price in a theater, But it really shouldnt be setting a ceiling or a max price limit.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rachel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i don't understand ticket price theory...and i'm not going to read these posts..

Post Thanks / Like
    Just because 30 rupees food is costly fpor u will u eat 5 rupees kaaka biryani?

Same way if ticket rates come down by this rate... the producer wont involve in making the technical team of the movie stronger

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel
    i don't understand ticket price theory...and i'm not going to read these posts..
    Then why do u reply

Post Thanks / Like
    Then why do u reply
    then why do you read my post ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I read it bcoz i read all the posts n reply here but u said u wont read anything

Post Thanks / Like
    Will Mayajaal sell tickets at Rs 15?

By Moviebuzz | Tuesday, 26 December , 2006, 20:13

Mayajaal multiplex on ECR on the way to Mahabalipuram is one of the most popular getaways for up market young IT crowd in Chennai. The six- screen multiplex (seating capacity- 960) has the highest admission rate in Tamilnadu- Rs 150 to 200. Still on week-ends it clocks 90 to 95 percent occupancy!

The big news is that from January 1st, 2007 as per the new government order, Mayajaal will have to sell their tickets at Rs 15! Ridiculous it may sound, but unfortunately Mayajaal falls in a Panchayat area in Kancheepuram district, where as per the Tamilnadu government order the highest ticket rate there can only be only Rs 15!

The multiplex is currently the “Collection King” among theatres in NSC area. Recently Vetayadu Vilayadu, created a record there by collecting a distributors share of Rs 25 Lakhs. Now it will be a miracle of sorts if the Pongal releases like Pokiri or Aalwar collects a share of Rs 1.50 or 2 Lakhs from Mayajaal, with the new rates coming into effect from Jan 1st.

Now the big question is- Will Mayajaal close down? It is impossible to run the multiplex on the proposed new rates, as it will not be sufficient to run their AC plant! And the up market exclusivity of the theatre also vanishes. Above all it will be Tamil film collections that are going to be badly hit!

An emergency meeting of the distributors association and producers of Pongal Films are to be held on 28 Dec. The distributors of NSC area will demand an exemption for Mayajaal, as it is the goose that lays the golden egg for them. But the Tamilnadu government is unlikely to exempt any theatre in the state from the new admission rates.

A few days back, a very influential exhibitor in the state had tried to work out an exemption for his multiplex with one of the bigwigs in the state government. However the person concerned made it clear that nobody will go against the wishes of the Chief Minister and the new admission rates will be implemented.
    http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14357656

Post Thanks / Like
    I read it bcoz i read all the posts n reply here but u said u wont read anything
    i'm too lazy to read about advantages and disadvantages....

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rachel,
    Ticket prices in TN theaters have been reduced drastically with the new govt law. Based on this, the tickets which were sold at Rs.100 and Rs.200 can now be sold at Rs.50/- (max) only. The minimum ticket price (villages) has been fixed at Rs.5/-

With this, they hope that people will come to theatres since the price is less. They are analysing the disadvantages and advantages with this
    Hope it is clear for u now
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast