Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reduction in ticket prices - Advantage/Disadvantage

Moderator Diamond Hubber Thirumaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Reduction in ticket prices - Advantage/Disadvantage

what are the advantages and disadvantage?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber Ulaganayagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Advantages:

Even at Rs 50 a ticket in Chennai (Cheaper outskirts), it would be economical for families to come to theaters.

This in turn contributes to more audiences coming to theaters to watch movies

Indirectly cuts down illegal VCD/DVD, as watching a movie in theaters has become cheaper !

We may re witness to the good old days of movies genuinely running 100-175+ days due to the increased numbers of people coming to theaters.

Movie collections would no longer depend on the 'opening' factor, even movies that dont get a good opening can pick up later on and still make profits.

The salaries of actors would come down. I always felt that actors were being paid a lot more than they truly deserve.

Small movies will thrive

Disadvantages:

Quality multiplexes would have to look somewhere else for business. Satyam, and the soon to enter PVR and INOX which provide good movie going experience would be forced to cut down on quality. They would also lose their charm as they would be catering to a whole new different set of crowds, going forward.

Parking and Movie hall food prices would be hiked considerably

AC's may go off after interval

Overall collections of movies would certainly drop. Even though the number of audiences increase, theater and multiplexes lose out on the opening and the exorbitant ticket prices they used to charge

Big budget films may dwindle in number.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber girishk14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    THE GREATEST ADVANTAGE : At last, big actors like Rajini will lose money and this can help youths like Jeeva and Bharath!!
    Yetho Ninaikirean song from Thalainagaram is number 1 in Singapore this year

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think the sudden reduction in ticket prices will pull family audiences to the theatres
    The disadvantages are more and there is not even a single advantage with this:

Directors and everyone in the industry feel that it is because of the ticket prices families are not coming to the theatres. Well. IT may be one among the N reasons why they are not coming to the theatres.

Our family audiences are caught up in MEGA SERIALS which roll out tons of crap everyday ! Except a few serials many are repeatitive and not so good ! But inspite of that our ladies seem to be interested in this !

No chance they will abandon their mega serial schdules and will come to the theatres.
    It starts right from 11.am and ends at 11pm. During this time, at what time they will come to the theatres ?

They can come to theatres during weekends. But even then they have other things which are much cheaper when compared to theatres. Right !

Instead of reducing ticket prices, Our CM can put an end to MEGA SERIALS. I think the industry will benefit a lot from this. But will he do it ? I don't think so coz SUN NETWORK's backbone is mega serials

One advantage is there for me :

I spent more than Rs.600/- for Varalaaru to watch it 6 times. With the new ticket price reduction, I can watch AALVAAR atleast 6 times in TN with just Rs. 180/- :P
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by girishk14
    THE GREATEST ADVANTAGE : At last, big actors like Rajini will lose money and this can help youths like Jeeva and Bharath!!
    I love you da cheLLam
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Post Thanks / Like
    Its Advantage for PEOPLE, small film PRODUCERs

Disadvantage for all actors
    Suddenly, Life is beautiful...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber girishk14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar
    Quote Originally Posted by girishk14
    I love you da cheLLam

Yetho Ninaikirean song from Thalainagaram is number 1 in Singapore this year

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the new rates are effected,then Mayajal will have have to sell tickets at Rs 15/-.At those rates it cannot sustain.Check out Sify for more on this.

I doubt if PVR,INOX,IMAX will want to come to TN if they are forced to sell at such low rates.Even Sathyam Cinema's will not be able to maintain quality.AC's will be always off(what with commercial electricity rates being sold at such a high rate).I doubt if this plan will work as even at 50/-,a family of four will shell out Rs 200/- for ticket prices,another 100 for travel&maybe another 100/- for eatables-Total cost: Rs 400/-( much higher than VCD/DVD rentals)

Big budget films like 10 A,Sivaji will be badly hit.

Also,when has high ticket prices acted as a deterrant?Ppl who c annot afford such high prices wait for all the hype&initial buzz to die down&then go to watch the movie.
    Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar
    IOur family audiences are caught up in MEGA SERIALS which roll out tons of crap everyday !No chance they will abandon their mega serial schdules and will come to the theatres.
    It starts right from 11.am and ends at 11pm. During this time, at what time they will come to the theatres ?

Instead of reducing ticket prices, Our CM can put an end to MEGA SERIALS. I think the industry will benefit a lot from this. But will he do it ? I don't think so coz SUN NETWORK's backbone is mega serials
    wrote my mind.....similarly, govt should slash air time fee for the ads that appear on SUNTV and other satellite channels.....if they are now taking 1lakh/minute then they have to reduce it to 10,000/minute.......sounds cool isnt it??

this govt seems like concentrates only on cinema related things??? this is so irritating........govt giving priority to cinema when there are issues like illiteracy,poverty,tsunami rehabilitation,employment,terrorist threat rampant in the society shows how superficial their view is just like HR managers,Quality assurance people of a s/w company.........

y the heck they have to poke their nose in each and everything.......how will multiplexes flourish in such strict environment........yes i'm a multiplex man......and i'm proud of it.........i cant imagine sitting in ottta odasal chair bearing the bug bites in small theatres anymore......multiplex is not only abt viewing cinema but its a place for social gathering.......if they are going to kill it then "nalla illa" avalavudhan solliten.....

girish, thalaivar, became a superstar when balcony tickets used to be sold at Rs.5..........so with this trend it will be small podiyans who will be affected and not our "malai"....... Malai da, Annamalai
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    There is one advantage :

PUblic will have to pay less

Disadvantage :

U cant see more quality stuff hereafter as producer will try to be stingy in production values

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast