Thread: Hindu Puranic Tales...

Threaded View

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hindu Puranic Tales...

Hi guys, I've wanted to create such a thread for sometime, but for some reason i haven't.

Anywayz, as we all know, our puranas have millions and millions of stories, which usually have some moral or idea behind it. I personally and many other believe that these tales have really taken place.

This thread is just for Hubbers to Post Stories which they know, which others might not.

Since it is Hanuman Jeyanthi Today, I'll start the thread off with a Story Pertaining to Hanuman.

@ One point in the Mahabharath, Bheema (Known to the be Strongest of the Pandavas) gets too proud, and his strength blinds him. To teach him a lesson, Narathar gives him a task to do. He asks Bheema to go somewhere. When he reaches that destination, he will see a tail which belongs to something or someone. He is to lift that tail, and put it aside. Bheema does as he is told and goes to the spot which Narathar has mentioned. He sees the tail, He tries to pick it up..I can't..He tries to move it, he can't. He tries to shove it. He can't. So he asks Naratha, what this thing is, and how he coulen't move it even though he is the strongest man in the world. Naratha asks Bheema to chant "Sree Rama Jeyam" A few times and then try it again. Bheema does what he is told, and after chanting "Sree Rama Jeyam" a few times, he is able to move it easily. Bheema now completly confused, asks Naratha why he wasn't able to move it in the first place, and what did this tail lead to. Naratha says asks Bheema to follow the tail, and Bheema finds out that the tail belongs to Hanuman who is now in deep Thapas.

That's all I know of this tale. My grandmother would often tell me these stories if I massaged her feet so she could fall asleep....but more than often, she'd fall asleep and never finish the story.

So anywayz, can someone finish the story if they know the rest?
    Back after a while...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement