Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Advice needed again, people!!!!!!!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member Devoted Hubber Bipolar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    England, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

    Advice needed again, people!!!!!!!!!

    "The best form is no form." - Bruce Lee

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Advertising world

  3. #2
    Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry to say that your friend has'nt got much of a chance! it is a losing battle!

    Long distance relationships don't work.

    Everything is in the girl's hands, but 99% of the girls won't attempt to fight their parents in this situation.

  4. #3
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have to agree with KBX.

    Your friend will go on a vacation atleast once before he finishes his degree. Thats the LAST chance, i would say provided the girl waits for him till that day. He should go talk with the girl's parents and to try convince them. Even thats a remote possibilty, unfortunately

  5. #4
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with KBX and Nerd
    Anbe Sivam

  6. #5
    Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Post Thanks / Like

    Talk to the parents (her father esp) STRAIGHT AWAY.

    Confront him, tell him the situation. PERSUADE HIm.

    thats the only chance.

    Else, she may lose herself to parent's pressure.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Designer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bipolar : 18 months is a pretty long time to wait, atleast for the girl's parents. Your friend must visit India at the earliest to meet the girl's parents and convince them that, he truly cares for their daughter and he will get a good job after graduation. And also request them that, a formal Engagement can be done (with the boy's parents attending), so that the girl's parents are reassured that he will not leave their daughter for someone else before the wedding.

    If they are of different castes / religions, then your friend can try to convince her parents that, these days intercaste marriages are very common in India, including the South. He must also point out that, if they get her married to someone else, that marriage may not work because she may not be able to forget your friend. Its better that your friend must first tell everything to his parents and get their support for this love marriage. It will prevent unnecessary problems in future from their side.

  8. #7
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    New Delhi, India
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idea! Can he get his parents to talk to her parents? In that case the matters will be more official!

Similar Threads

  1. requesting travel advice
    By killua in forum Travel & Lifestyle
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16th November 2007, 12:52 AM
  2. 'Crush' trouble again! Advice needed, folks!
    By Bipolar in forum Miscellaneous Topics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 19th August 2006, 05:16 PM
  3. Need advice for those moving to USA !!
    By Pushpa in forum Indian Food
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20th March 2006, 06:32 PM
  4. Need advice for those moving to USA !!
    By Pushpa in forum Miscellaneous Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28th February 2006, 09:27 AM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts