Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    As u like it is cool

i haven't read "twelth night"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    So haven't I . Maybe I can try it out.
    I like the Tempest too . (shorter version)
    God....... Save me!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really think it is worth the while to read Shakespeare...they are so rich on many levels...

Wibha I'm quite surprised that you found Macbeth boring I ask you to use maybe a reader or sparksnotes so that you can better understand it's philosophical intricacies...all i ask is that you give it a chance...

anyways I have only watched "Hamlet" at the Stratford Theatre here....it was quite badly done by some popular canadian tv star...I would love to see either "King Lear" or "Othello" or "Antony and Cleopatra" both my favourites....as a masque "Midsomer's Night Dream" would be absolutely gorgeous...

though i have my lesser favourites as well such as "Taming of the Shrew" and the more gruesome "Titus Andronicus" it just filled with violence and gore...of his comedies I really found one of his earliest plays "comedy of errors" and "As you like it" quite annoying and tedious

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Antony and Cleopatra", a brilliant movie starring Richard Burton & Elizabeth Taylor - try the old movie!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Madame PP,
    I have watched "Taming of the Shrew" with Burton and Taylor...I have yet to watch Cleopatra....Liz Taylor surely has a bewitching look as Cleopatra...her eyes...my God they are just so....violet! I would love eyes like that!!!

http://www.mrdowling.com/images/702cleopatra.jpg

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Que Macbeth was intresting in the beginning.

Later it started boring.
    1. it made no sense basically. This macbeth is one stupid guy

He is a person who can be manipulated by anyone.he doesn't think for himself. I found it really boring

Post Thanks / Like
    well Wibha i agree and disagree...I mean i guess this makes more sense if you can see that he had the opportunity to see into the future which allowed him to also shape his future...who else ever gets that chance....but then again you have to think does the fortune shape his destiny...is it fate and he is powerless...or does he lead to his own demise? Is it by making the fortune true that lead to his villany or was it also his wife who kept egging him on...and what of her madness? All these are questions that crowd my mind when i think of Macbeth...hope this reply wasn't too boring for you and leaves you feeling

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A vibrant portrayal of Mrs.Macbeth's guilt,"not all the perfumes of Arabia can sweeten this little hand"- that bloodstain sticking to the conscience is poignant. Macbeth's blind belief, overconfidence that he is invincible until the woods of B come walking.. Shakespeare emerges as an intellectual, as a perfect pshyco-analyst, and 'wow' for sheer poetry & imagery!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting to note the Lady Macbeth is described to be the "Fourth Witch" of the play
    ~~I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.~~

Post Thanks / Like
    Really Janar that's interesting to know

I have been taught that many of the witches parts (Hecate and the other witches) such as their songs and the scenes in which they recall their deeds were added later due to the interest surrounding witches and stories of witches by the editor, Middleton (from his own less popular play "Witches") to the First Folio...if you do look back you can see how those parts can be cancelled out and it still does not damage the story. There is also the arugment that the witches were originally nymphes or fairies, as seen in the Globe (Theatre) Copy of Macbeth.

For a more scholarly and authoritative look into the same argument please do consult Frank Kermode's "Witches and Jesuits in Shakespeare's Macbeth" found in the London Review of Books.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast