Thread: Othello

Post Thanks / Like

Othello

Hi everyone! Othello: the tragedie of the Moor is a wonderful and awesome play by Shakespeare. Feel free to talk about anything with regads to Othello, the characters, story as well as issues such a racism, women, etc.
    ~~I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.~~

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is amazing how Othello does not even receive a full piece of evidence...all of which could be so easily cleared up if asked or confronted is all he has to have to determine Desdemona's unfaithfulness

.....this construction of conveying slight evidence is a gold mine for director's to play around with, there are so many ways in which to convey the so called "infidelic trespasses" of Desdemona and Cassio (I watched the version in which Laurence Fishburne (from Morpheus in the Matrix) played Iago. Iago as a villian is not only wretched and self-loathing yet his determination to destroy is pinned on what? spurned promotion? securing higher rank? racism? pure villany?