View Poll Results: Which movie experience do u prefer?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mutliplexes, with high quality and high ticket rates

6 60.00%
  • Local theatres, with banners, paper cuttings etc...

4 40.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Booming Multiplex Culture in Tamil Cinema

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar
    Quote Originally Posted by bulb_mani
    Yes enaku kooda varalaru sathyam paakumbodhu oru thrille ila
    Kaasiku pona semma sound galata supera irundhichu :P
    I haven't yet seen FDFS in Kasi ! since I spend most of the FDFS in Sivakasi. Let me see in future I can see any Thala movie there
    Selva i cant call it as thala koatai bcoz in royapuram area thala is ynbeatable... :P

Ellam oru madiriyaana fans anga

But still KAASI is

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar
    Yes enaku kooda varalaru sathyam paakumbodhu oru thrille ila
    Kaasiku pona semma sound galata supera irundhichu :P
    I haven't yet seen FDFS in Kasi ! since I spend most of the FDFS in Sivakasi. Let me see in future I can see any Thala movie there
    Selva i cant call it as thala koatai bcoz in royapuram area thala is ynbeatable... :P

Ellam oru madiriyaana fans anga

But still KAASI is
    in royapuram...thala is unbeatable...we all know it...
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Post Thanks / Like
    THALA fan base is maximum in royapuram

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    avanga entha theare-la padam paappaanga??

the situation of north madras theatres is very very very bad.....

i saw VV at barath(the best theatre in north chennai) ... it was stinking ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aandavan
    avanga entha theare-la padam paappaanga??

the situation of north madras theatres is very very very bad.....

i saw VV at barath(the best theatre in north chennai) ... it was stinking ...
    Well said

Adhunaaladhan sonen the fans of ajith in those areas are..

They watch it in bharath :P

Senior Member Regular Hubber Ulaganayagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Ampa Center One is basically next street to my place..More than being happy about the mall that is coming up, I'm worried about the impending traffic chaos in an already overcrowded NMR area

Post Thanks / Like
    -deleted-

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are forgetting the ladies factor. Ladies living in A centers cant go and watch movies in *local* theatres for the fear of you know who. And the teens who take their girlfriends out (they can afford a multiplex ticket) cant go to the local theatres.

I detest watching Rajini movies in multiplexes and I detest watching english/hindi movies in local theatres.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chennai gets its first multiplex screens

Chennai, Jan 18: Chennai's movie goers will have a new and exciting location to view the latest blockbuster hits with the opening of INOX at Chennai Citi Center, Radhakrishnan Salai.

INOX is the first national multiplex chain to open in Chennai and will house four screens and 909 seats. INOX Chennai will be the 13th multiplex in the INOX chain and promises to revolutionise the movie going experience in the city.

All INOX multiplex properties are located in premium locations and symbolise excellence in design, ambience, features, safety and service.

Fitted with state-of-the-art equipment, they provide a superior cinema viewing experience comparable with the best cinemas across the world, said Alok Tandon, COO - INOX Leisure Ltd, in Chennai.

To provide the correct viewing angles, each auditorium features wall-to-wall stadium-style seating and is also equipped with reclining seats and cup-holder armrests for enhanced comfort. The auditoriums are equipped with the best in projection and acoustic systems, using the world's finest equipment and technology, Tandon said, adding that customers should be happy that the movie is seen and heard at optimum performance levels, just as the film-maker would have intended.

Tandon said, "We have pulled out all the stops to ensure that the movie goers in Chennai enjoy the top of the line INOX experience. With INOX's convenient location, easy accessibility and modem comforts, we aim to revolutionise the movie watching experience in Chennai."

The programming mix at INOX will include a mix of Hindi, English and Tamil films.

The movies that will be showcased at INOX in the opening week will be Guru, Thaamirabharani, Risk, Blood Diamond, Deja Vu, United 93 and You Me & Dupree.

In addition, INOX Chennai is equipped with a fully automated box office with computerised ticketing. For easy and convenient ticket booking INOX also offers SMS booking, home delivery and online booking of tickets.

Offering greater variety in theatre food, INOX has introduced its own 'concessions' (food) counter REFUEL, which is a self-managed unit with themed menus offering a range of flavoured popcorns, combo meals, finger food and beverages.

INOX ushers in new standards in customer delight with more than 50 young, uniformed 'Inoxians', trained in Ushering, Box office, Concessions and Housekeeping, ensuring a comfortable and pleasant experience within the complex, Tandon said.

High standards of hygiene and security within the complex complete the loop in providing world-class comfort.

As part of its expansion plans, INOX Leisure intends to spread its unique experience to movie goers across South India. Besides Chennai, the company is also planning to open multiplexes in Hyderabad, Vijayawada, and add three more properties in Bangalore, besides the existing five-screen multiplex at Garuda Mall.

INOX Chennai is a testament to the company's mission to create India's largest network of world class multiplex cinema theatres across all leading towns and cities of India and to be a leader in the Indian film exhibition industry, Tandon said.

It has a nationwide presence with 13 multiplexes and 48 screens in 12 cities making it truly national multiplex chain - Pune (Bund Garden Road), Vadodara (Race Course Circle), Kolkata (Forum, Elgin Road and City Centre, Salt Lake City), Goa (Campat Panaji), Mumbai (CR2, Nariman Point), Bangalore (Garuda Mall Magrath Road), Jaipur (Vaishali Nagar), Indore (Sapna Sangeeta Road), Darjeeling (Rink Mall), Kota (Indira Vihar), Nagpur (Wardhaman Nagar) and Chennai (Citi Center, Radhakrishnan Salai).

Winner of the 'ICICI Entertainment Retailer of the Year' Award 2005 and 'TAAL Multiplexer of the Year' 2006, INOX Leisure Ltd will continue its expansion into Mumbai (Borivali), Bharuch, Vijayawada, Lucknow, Faridabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Raipur, Bangalore, Nagpur, Jodhpur and Pune.

INOX Leisure Limited is the diversification venture of the INOX group into entertainment and is a subsidiary of Gujarat Fluorochemicals Ltd. INOX Leisure's mission is to be the leader in the cinema exhibition industry, in every aspect right from the quality and choice of cinema to the varied services offered and eventually the highest market share.

It has brought in a professional and service oriented approach to the cinema exhibition sector. With strong financial backing, impeccable track record and strong corporate ethos, INOX has established a strong presence in the cinema exhibition industry in the short span of a little over four years since the opening of its first multiplex, Tandon pointed out.

Its proposed merger with CCPL (89 Cinemas) will give INOX access to an additional nine multiplexes in West Bengal and Assam.

INOX is also in an alliance with the Pantaloon Group - a partnership that provides INOX preferential access to all real estate developments, which Pantaloon takes up for its retail chain. The properties acquired through this alliance will be in addition to the properties that INOX has locked in on its own, thus exponentially increasing its reach across India. (R Rangaraj)

Source - http://www.chennaionline.com/colnews/newsitem.asp?NEWSID={35148959-2268-47A1-9AE3-67E31120DFAC}&CATEGORYNAME=CHN
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sarna_blr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    today's scenario........ Multipex culture atmost spoilt tamil cinema
    Seven social sins:
    1.Politics without principles
    2.Wealth without work
    3.Pleasure without conscience
    4.Knowledge without character
    5.Commerce without morality
    6.Science without humanity
    7.Worship without sacrifice