Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: THIRUKKURALH

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    '' Ulaga manidarin manathinilae marakka onna vedham"- The one sacred / holy book that should not be forgotten by world human beings is Thirukkural.

f.s.gandhi
    "Kal thonri man thontra kalathay mun thonri mootha kudi"- a second century literature- means when before stone became sand in earth the tamil tribes were formulated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Thirukkural

What is knowledge ? ' Arivu enbathu Yathu ?'

What Thiruvalluvar says ?

Can anybody quote from KURAL ?

I think noone in the world exactly pointed out this other than Thirukkural.

Dear friends think it over and tell your views.

f.s.gandhi
    "Kal thonri man thontra kalathay mun thonri mootha kudi"- a second century literature- means when before stone became sand in earth the tamil tribes were formulated

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear friends,

Valluvar says, '' Muyarchi mei varuthak kooli tharum'' - means trying will make you success.

In another kural valluvar says,'' Uzhil peruvali yaavula''- means nothing can be above destiny or fate.

It seems the above kurals are in contradictory in their absolute sense.

When muyarchi is superior in first kural destiny is superior in another kural.

Can anyone explain what valluvar means to say to the masses ?

Kindly think it over.

f.s.gandhi

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear friends,

I hope whoever 've seen my previous queries regarding 'valluvam' shall undergo brainstorming in this session.

I welcome your views regarding that.

Meanwhile I pose you the important aspect nowadays in society for which 'Sennappothar' gave solution.

World people always have spritual and religious associations throughout their life. In very much eager to know the life secrets and its occultism they always believe holy things which can not be explained through scientific analysis but can be supported by scientific results / facts. People tend to become more fond of religiousity all over the world.

There are different religions which have their own dress codes and facial modifications.

They have their own theory to support these codes.

Valluvar talks about these codes in his kural. Certainly in his time also these codes existed. Can we define common code for all them ? What valluvar says ? Can anybody quote from Thiruvalluvar ?

Dear friends think it over.

f.s.gandhi

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear friends,

I hope that You are all thinking over my earlier messages in this thread.

Take up thirukkural,read and try to infer the kurals.

Now I pose you one more contradiction in kural.

'Inna chaitharai oruththal - Nannayam chaithuvidal' - means when anybody harms you do good to him.

On the other hand valluvar says,' Than valiyum,Thunaivaliyum, Matran valiyum Thookkich chayal- an advice to the man that when you think about your victory think about your ability,your brethren or relations or your persons' ability, enemy's ability and his persons' ability before attacking your enemy.

In one kural Maathanupanki says,'Dont attack'- In another he says, 'Attack but carefully'.

It seems to be contradictory. Is it not ?

Think over my friends. Express your views.

f.s.gandhi

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mr. F.S. Gandhi,

Thank you very much for raising wise points of debate in a highly worthy sense of Human- values... as inherent in our Great immortal Thirukkuralh

At the same time...I am sorry you have FORCIBLY converted this TAMIL-THREAD... especially under Tamil-Lterature Section... (I initiated this Thread in Tamil... and further am conducting so... all along since the past about 3 years)

While I realise your difficulty in posting Tamilo-Fonts... but is it so UNSURMOUNTABLE... For your information... I too had the same difficulty...and I LEARNT IT ONLY AFTER JOINING THIS TAMIL- FORUM.

if you have a Will to NURTURE TAMIL-LANGUAGE... truly conforming to the Scope of this Forum

.... You will not find it IMPOSSIBLE... may be Difficult..

I radically concur with Mahakavi Bharathi..."Why Tamilians should converse and correspond in a Foreign Language.... when they know Tamil also well?... a BEAUTIFUL RICH LANGUAGE... deserving to be protected? If this Trend is allowed to persist... all Tamilian Children will FORGET AND REJECT TAMIL... as an Unworthy Cheap- Language....

... culminating in making Tamil another DEAD-LANGUAGE?

I have got a lot to say in reply to you ... in an interesting manner to all conveying the DEEP true- spirit hidden behind Thirukkuralh.

But I will come out ONLY AFTER YOU RESUME TAMIL-POSTINGS in line with this Thread- principle....

Sorry... I hope you will not mistake me.... When there is a WILL there is a WAY.!!
    Most INVALUABLE TREASURE is.. Time.
    Spend it MEANINGFULLY Spread effectively.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Thiru Sudhaama,

I beg your pardon for my inability to write in tamil.

Kindly give me some (more) time to learn tamil typing.

I find one positive element in writing in English in these threads which may induce you to get angry towards me.

We have enough literature stuff in tamil literature. Here we are reproducing it. That's all.

The thing is we have not sufficiently popularize these literature.

Modern tamils who are residing out of tamilnadu can be able to know about tamil only through these kind of media like computer.

Already tamils have neglected tamil in higher studies and now reached their horizon out of tamil usage.

Hence again if we force them to learn tamil they will hesitate.

Instead if we tell them the significance of tamil through common language there is a chance of tamil learning increase.

Veeramamunivar, Dr.Galduwell learnt tamil in this way.

Rabindaranath Tagore got accredition by noble prize only after he translated his verses from Bengali to English.

My writing in these threads are 'theme' oriented.

Your tamil writing is flawless,rhythemic,unique,versatile and very much attactive in nature.

We may strike a balance. I use to dig something.

You please give your views in beautiful tamil.

We make this arrangement till I learn tamil typing.

Convinced ?

Kindly bear this and continue with your notions

f.s.gandhi

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Tirukural

Tirukural stands as a showpiece of Human Civilisation and teaches the 21st Century Comman Era man, what a Secular Literature is.

Friends I WANT you to analyse the dating of Tiruvalluvar.

Certain Scholars dated it to BCE8000, G.U.Pope to 800C.E. and Vaiayapuri Pillai dated to 7th Cen, and with Manimekhalai dated around 200CE, Majority dates Tirukural to 100CE.

Still Scholarly Disucssion continues.

Readers must look this aspect

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Thiru Solomon,

Kinldy under this column do not talk about history. Thiru Sudhaama who intitiated this topic will get angry. This is the thread to talk about thirukkrual verses and their meaning. Kindly discuss history in relevant column.

Anyway, Thirukkural - 100 CE carbon dating proof is there. That is correct.

We need not talk about Thiru Vaiyapuripillai’s theory. He neither analysed the pattern of old poetry nor the time specified in the literary works. His views are vague and nothing seems to be correct in interpretation.

For example, There are several ‘Avvaiyars’ from 0CE to 1000 CE. He interprets that there is one ‘Avvaiyar’ which proved wrong in history.

G.U.Pope did translated works and it seems that he did not analyse historic perspective of tamil poetry.

f.s.gandhi

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Tiruvalluvar and ANANTHAVIKATAN "hai Madan "

Hai-Madan, noramlly answers questions and lot of questions on Science and History are answered and looked by Readers as well Researched.

Latest Issue has a question by reader about using Tiruvalluvar Era- instead of using BC and AD i.e., KI.PI & KI.MU.
    And Madan answers that all the tradtions on Tiruvalluvar are Pelas-lies.

Friends- the Truths are:
    a. The dating method of BC/AD is dropped morethan 50 years back, and several Bibles I have and All encyclopedias use only BCE AND CE- i.e, Before Common Era and Common Era.They can be Va.Mu. and Va.Ka. referrting Varalarru Kalam and Varalarru Mundaya Kalam.
    b. The detail on Jesus Christ are highly unreliable and date and year of his birth and death are not known.
    Gospel of Matthew- Mary- Wife of Joseph, Son of Jacob from Bethleham was the mother of Jesus and this Jesus is 41st Generation from Abraham.
    Luke' Gospel tells ; Mary-Wife of Joseph, Son OF Heli from Nazareth was the mother of Jesus; and this Jesus is 57th Generation from Abraham.
    Matthew gives a date of BCE 6 OR 7 as birth Year,
    Luke gives a date of CE 8 as Brith Year.
    But the Genelogies of 16 Generations makes them live 400 years apart.
    c. None of the sources of Jesus Life and Teaching are written by any Contemporary Eye Witnesses- Britanica Encycopedia.
    Tiruvalluvar as per majority Scholars is dated to 100 BCE OR Earlier, for example Devaneya Pavanar dates him to 2nd Century BCE or Earilier. Certain Scholars fixed a rough date of 31BCE as Birth Year and this Tiruvalluvar Saga-era is used by many Tamil groups.
    VIKATAN- OR ANY Leading Magazines should COMMENTS ON Tiruvalluvar must be done carefully, the missionaries like CALDwell and G.U.Pope dated him to 8th Cen, CE and this Wrong Chronology made Dr.Vaiapuri to date Tiruvalluvar to 700 CE. Later using Manimekhalai Schloars in middle of 20th Cen dated Tirukural to 100CE.
    Mylapur SANthome Church Archbishop Arulappa funded a Major Project, a twin project:
    1. A Re-interpretation of Tirukural as a Christian book by mis-reading the Tirukural and Manipulating Bible Verses was done and said that Tiruvalluvar was given Bible by Thomas the Apostle of Jesus who came to Mylapur.- One Dr.M.Deivanayagam got P.hd. from Tamil Christian Dept. funded by ArchBishop- saying Tiruvalluvar was inspired by Thomas and Saiva Siddhantha Literuature is from the inspiration from Bible.
    2. Archbishop funded on Acharya Paul- around 15 lakhs in 70s, took him to Vatican, Europe and America and Tried to Fabricate Manuskripts of Tiruvalluvar-Thoma Connection. This ended in Court Case and That Paul was allowed to retain the House he bought from Church Money- by a out of court Settlement.
    The Pity is we donot have any evidence of ANY Thomas coming to India, even a person of that name is doubted my Modern Biblical Scholars.
    Refer
    www.hamsa.org

Vikatan must have been responsible, Stories on Jesus were more Doubtful than that of Tiruvalluvar
    MosesMohammedSolomon

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast