Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: THIRUKKURALH

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

no point!!

Mr PaulThomas:

(deleted)

I am surprised by attacks on me even from Dravdian Scholars as Mr.fsg and mala
    ??
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

TIRUVALLUVAR AND HUMANITY

Dear Friends,

Thirukural refers to Vedas in several Kurals and names Hindu God names more than 25 times, and no single Christian name here.

Bis.mala says- I am unable to accept Dr Deivanayagam's views and his thesis…. The learned doctor's views are not unusually convincing to me for me to embrace it! Certain things are best left untouched”

Why Bismala- say your views on Pulavar Deivanayagam’s method- IF He is wrong or right. There is nothing in the world; that can’t be discussed.
    Convince or Getconvinced, If one IS Wrong Who it is? Let us Analyse; I am collecting books of him. My views would be here shortly, may be from my retd.Professor Maam, herself.

PT- Please do not Boast about JESUS as Historical, and till date no single evidence- acceptable to Unbiased Scholar infavour of Gospel is received.
    The Churches today uses Common Era and Before CommonEra, and not BC, AD as Christ is not historical and his year of birth and death are more than one within gospels. I do not want to go any further in to it, as I want to respect other Faiths, but as per Gospels Jesus remained as Jew till death and died Crying- MY GOD! MY GOD! Why you have abandoned me?

PT- It is absolutely not possible today with the latest informations coming from Archeology and other sources to date Thiruvalluvar beyond middle of 2nd Century or later, and Christianity entered INDIA, only from 4th Cen.
    It would be ideal for us to put Deivanayagam’s views and discuss, and throw which ever is the wrong view.(Kamil Zevilabil dates Kural 575CE)
    Uppuma.
    Love India; Love Tamil.
    Love God ; Love Truth

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TIRUVALLUVAR AND HUMANITY

Quote Originally Posted by Uppuma
    Dear Friends,

Thirukural refers to Vedas in several Kurals and names Hindu God names more than 25 times, and no single Christian name here.

Bis.mala says- I am unable to accept Dr Deivanayagam's views and his thesis…. The learned doctor's views are not unusually convincing to me for me to embrace it! Certain things are best left untouched”

Why Bismala- say your views on Pulavar Deivanayagam’s method- IF He is wrong or right. There is nothing in the world; that can’t be discussed.
    Convince or Getconvinced, If one IS Wrong Who it is? Let us Analyse; I am collecting books of him. My views would be here shortly, may be from my retd.Professor Maam, herself.

PT- Please do not Boast about JESUS as Historical, and till date no single evidence- acceptable to Unbiased Scholar infavour of Gospel is received.
    The Churches today uses Common Era and Before CommonEra, and not BC, AD as Christ is not historical and his year of birth and death are more than one within gospels. I do not want to go any further in to it, as I want to respect other Faiths, but as per Gospels Jesus remained as Jew till death and died Crying- MY GOD! MY GOD! Why you have abandoned me?

PT- It is absolutely not possible today with the latest informations coming from Archeology and other sources to date Thiruvalluvar beyond middle of 2nd Century or later, and Christianity entered INDIA, only from 4th Cen.
    It would be ideal for us to put Deivanayagam’s views and discuss, and throw which ever is the wrong view.(Kamil Zevilabil dates Kural 575CE)
    Uppuma.

But please give your inputs and make it interesting.

Regards.

SIVAPERUMAAN LOVES ALL CREATURES , HUMANS and PLANTS.

kumaari Sivamaala.

Post Thanks / Like

Gita and kuRaL.

There are roughly about 511 or more kuRaLs which can be compared or contrasted in substance and meaning between ThirukkuraL and Bagwat Gita.

The Gita was composed after RaamayaNa. There are references to Rama in Gita. "bavana bawathamasmi raama" says Gita.

Gita was also composed after the era of sangap pulavar Kapilar, "sitaanaam kapilO muni" says Gita, a clear reference to kapilar, the sangam Tamil poet.

Some kuRaL concepts found their way into Gita and this much is clear.
    Is there anyone who has more informtion of this subject? Please comment.

There are no references to KrishNa in kuRaL. None on Rama, as far as it is known. But there is reference to Indra in kuRaL.

Please feel free to comment on the above preliminary view.
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "¦À¡È¢Å¡Â¢ø ³ó¾Å¢ò¾¡ý ¦À¡ö¾£÷ ´Øì¸
    ¦¿È¢ ¿¢ýÈ¡÷ ¿£Î Å¡úÅ¡÷"

þ¾¢ø ÅÕõ '³ó¾Å¢ò¾¡ý' ÀüÈ¢ò¾¡§É ¿ñÀ÷ §¸ðÊÕó¾¡÷. ¦Áö, Å¡ö, ¸ñ, ãìÌ, ¦ºÅ¢ ±Ûõ ³óÐ ÒÄý¸ÙìÌõ, ¦À¡È¢¸Ç¡É °Ú, ͨÅ, ´Ç¢, Á½õ, ´Ä¢ ±Ûõ ³ó¾¢¨ÉÔõ «Å¢ò¾Åý(who destroyed) ³ó¾Å¢ò¾¡ý. þ¾É¡ø «Åý ÁÉõ «Æ¢Â, ¦À¡ö Ţĸ, ÓبÁÂ¡É ´Øì¸ ¦¿È¢Â¢ø ¿¢ýÚ ¿¢¨Ä¦ÀüÚ Å¡úÅ¡ý. þì¸ÕòÐ ¨ºÅõ, ¨Å½Åõ, Òò¾õ, ¨ƒÉõ ±øÄ¡ÅüÚìÌõ ¦À¡ÐÅ¡ÉÐ. ¬É¡ø ¸¢ÕòÐÅõ þ¾¨É ÅÄ¢ÔÕò¾Å¢ø¨Ä ±É ¿¢¨É츢§Èý.

«ýÒ¼ý,
    †Ãý.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gita and kuRaL.

Quote Originally Posted by bis_mala
    There are no references to KrishNa in kuRaL. None on Rama, as far as it is known. But there is reference to Indra in kuRaL.

This means that raamayaNa is just a fairy tale!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber devapriya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

TIRUKURAL AND HUMANITY

Valluvar Said this, for an Uneducated man, to wishing to speak in an educated people forum is like a Girl without any breasts who wants to show her beauty. The show by a Breastless lady would not be attractive and similarly the Man without proper Knowledge to speak.

Kallathaan Sol Kaamuruthal mulai irandum
    IllaathavaL peN kaamuRRARRU.— Kural 402.
    ¸øÄ¡¾¡ý ¦º¡ü¸¡ ÓÚ¾ø ӨĢÃñÎõ
    *øÄ¡¾¡û ¦Àñ¸¡Óü ÈüÚ. 402

Friends, Dr.Deivanayagam, with the Church funding exploited the Political and Practical Situation of the Day, with the Rationalist’s Government, and domination and the extreme eagerness on every Tamil Scholar to write differently Kural was given lot of interpretations un-acceptable; but as most used the Terms- Tamils or Dravidian- Proper protest were not made, and Deivanayagam, took various interpretations of Tirukural and selected what suits him and made a Theory. Deivanayagam also Twisted Bible for this purpose.

Thiruvalluvar refers many Vedic and Puranic Gods. Indiran was one, Lakshmi- wife of Lord Vishnu is referred in many Kurals.
    The world where Lord Vishnu stays is referred as Vaikundtam and Valluvar calls it as Tamarai Kannan Vualgu. Valluvar also uses the term Adialanthan- referring the Thiruvikrama Avatharam.
    Valluvar specifically avoids using direct God names in Kadavul VAzhthu, but most of them represent Hindu Purana Traditions, but surprisingly even does not have Murugar or Korravai referred in Tholkappiyam.
    Valmiki Ramayan is dated to around 1000BCE, and Mahabaratha to 600 CE, however Critical Scholars put Geetha as later around 100BCE to 200CE.
    But Valluvar cannot be dated earlier than even the Critical dating as Valluvar could be 3rd Century CE, or later only. Thiuvalluvamalai further tells lot of information on this, that Thiruvalluvar wrote Thirukural to give Ideals of Vedas, to Tamils in Tamil.
    devapriya

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gita and kuRaL.

Quote Originally Posted by karuvaadu

This means that raamayaNa is just a fairy tale!
    This was what I was told when I went into a Lanka discussion forum some time back, telling them Ramaayanam was proof that Tamis were in Sri Lanka from antiquity.

According to Prof Vanamaamalai, Ramaayaana stories were old tales, collected and presented as epic by Vaalmiki!!
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Regards.

kumaari Sivamaala.
    Why did not you add Uppuma to the Creatures, Humans and plants? Is it because uppumaa is created in the Kitchen and with kurunaaz (correct?)?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KoH

Regards.

kumaari Sivamaala.
    Why did not you add Uppuma to the Creatures, Humans and plants? Is it because uppumaa is created in the Kitchen and with kurunaaz (correct?)?
    I like the kuRuna uppuma. Also ravaa uppuma.

Devipriya wrote:

Thiruvalluvar refers many Vedic and Puranic Gods. Indiran was one, Lakshmi- wife of Lord Vishnu is referred in many Kurals.
    The world where Lord Vishnu stays is referred as Vaikundtam and Valluvar calls it as Tamarai Kannan Vualgu. Valluvar also uses the term Adialanthan- referring the Thiruvikrama Avatharam.
    Valluvar specifically avoids using direct God names in Kadavul VAzhthu, but most of them represent Hindu Purana Traditions,
    I like Devipriya, Such a nice name.

Let's hear from her some evidence for the cited passage from her posting presently, whilst consuming uppuma or whatever -ma for breakfast.

Devipriya, please carry on. I am all ready to hear.......
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast