View Poll Results: When do you consider yourself successful(moneywise) ?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • RS. 10 lakhs

0 0%
  • Rs. 50 lakhs

0 0%
  • Rs. 75 lakhs

0 0%
  • Rs. 1 crore

2 25.00%
  • Rs. 5 crore

2 25.00%
  • Other

4 50.00%

Thread: Business Entreprenuer...

Post Thanks / Like

Business Entreprenuer...

This thread is to post discussions, news on your favourite business entreprenuers..or just your vision on your big buisness idea.
    Live and Let Live

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Ten Richest Indians of 2006.

1) Lakshmi Mittal
    2) Mukesh Ambani
    3) Anil Ambani
    4) Azim Premji
    5) Kushal Pal Singh
    6) Sunil Mittal
    7) Kumar Mangalam Birla
    8) Tulsi Tanti
    9) Ramesh Chandra
    10) Pallonji Mistry

http://specials.rediff.com/yearend/2006/dec/13yrsl1.htm
    Live and Let Live

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you interested in doing an MBA but you cannot afford the money or the time?

This site tells how you can learn the management concepts in your own free time.

Check it out.
    http://joshkaufman.net/personalmba/
    Live and Let Live

Post Thanks / Like
    **** from Wikipedia ****

Warren Edward Buffett (b. August 30, 1930, Omaha, Nebraska) is an American investor, businessman and philanthropist.

Nicknamed the "Oracle of Omaha" or the "Sage of Omaha", Buffett has amassed an enormous fortune from astute investments, particularly through the company Berkshire Hathaway, of which he is the largest shareholder and CEO. With an estimated current net worth of around US$46 billion, he is ranked by Forbes as the second-richest person in the world, behind only Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates.

Here are some nice quotes from Buffett.

"I want to give my kids enough so that they could feel that they could do anything, but not so much that they could do nothing"

"I personally think that society is responsible for a very significant percentage of what I've earned. If you stick me down in the middle of Bangladesh or Peru or someplace, you find out how much this talent is going to produce in the wrong kind of soil... I work in a market system that happens to reward what I do very well - disproportionately well. Mike Tyson, too. If you can knock a guy out in 10 seconds and earn $10 million for it, this world will pay a lot for that. If you can bat .360, this world will pay a lot for that. If you're a marvelous teacher, this world won't pay a lot for it. If you are a terrific nurse, this world will not pay a lot for it. Now, am I going to try to come up with some comparable worth system that somehow (re)distributes that? No, I don't think you can do that. But I do think that when you're treated enormously well by this market system, where in effect the market system showers the ability to buy goods and services on you because of some peculiar talent - maybe your adenoids are a certain way, so you can sing and everybody will pay you enormous sums to be on television or whatever -I think society has a big claim on that."

"I don't have a problem with guilt about money. The way I see it is that my money represents an enormous number of claim checks on society. It's like I have these little pieces of paper that I can turn into consumption. If I wanted to, I could hire 10,000 people to do nothing but paint my picture every day for the rest of my life. And the GNP would go up. But the utility of the product would be zilch, and I would be keeping those 10,000 people from doing AIDS research, or teaching, or nursing. I don't do that though. I don't use very many of those claim checks. There's nothing material I want very much. And I'm going to give virtually all of those claim checks to charity when my wife and I die."

I so agree with his statements. There is no recognition for the job of shaping ones mind, or caring for the sick, or helping the downtordden.
    Live and Let Live

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I should be a bit considerate towards you because your signature line is 'live and let live' .

My biggest hero has always been Narayana Murthy,though some other guys come very close.Ofcourse Warren Buffet,Bill Gates and Colonel Sanderson follow Murthy.In our age the greatest thing you can do for humanity is wealth creation and to use that wealth to generate employment.That way IBM which offers 43000 jobs in India has done much more service to this country than Vajpayee,Manmohan and Sonia.
    "It was the inaction of those who could have acted,the indifference of those who should have known better,the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered the most, that made it possible for evil to triumph"-[Hailey Gabricelassie]