Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: || Delhi 6 | Rakesh Omprakash Mehra | Abhishek Bachchan ||

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Guess_Me's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rprasad
    (on other hand having read most of his reviews for Pritam and other similar composers songs, it does not surprise me that he thinks this is great)
    And it doesn't surprise me that you think the songs are not good considering 90% of your posts are in Ilayaraja forums

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes i post mostly in IR's thread(because i grew up listening to IR)but i listen to everything and i like a lot of ARR songs which are truly good. by the way i never said i dont like this album. Yes this a nice album with good listenable songs and Rhythms.But please dont use sentences like this is the best soundtrack in ages or something like that. There are better songs from ARR than this.

Also ro RashidrRaj, please dont judge anyone. You have no idea on my level of music appreciation so dont venture a guess. It is your problem if you cannot find similarities in Rhythms or sound. So dont indulge in personal attacks here. I stated my opinion. If you dont agree just say you think this is a great album and move on instead of indulging in personal mudlinging. And why is saying someones stars are shinning bright so wrong to you? I am just stating the obvious. ITs normal for any person in this world. When he is in good times, everything clicks. Nothing wrong there. I am happy for ARR's success.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am happy for ARR's success.
    Yes we can see that.
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    But please dont use sentences like this is the best soundtrack in ages or something like that. There are better songs from ARR than this.
    It's Karthik's opinion. Why are you worrying so much about it? If you think Delhi-6 is just a good album, so be it.

Why do you have to go and rant in IR thread about this review? Even Karthik panned Ghajini in his review [Yeah, I know some ARR fans were disappointed] Where did ARR's stars go then? It was not too long before either.

If you like Nandhalala go and listen it thousand times instead of passing remarks about Delhi-6 everywhere.

Senior Member Senior Hubber raagas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys...relax...an album is good...just enjoy it.. what do we derive out of these comparisons and rants?? every album and composer is different...in style, etc. either u will like or dislike. whatever it is...be it so..whats the point arguing... no one will suddenly start liking just bcoz someone else won an argument right.

Chill.. we have good soundtracks to play on..and we will do that..simple.
    Just 7 notes behold a beauty of life...

Senior Member Regular Hubber MrIndia's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow great songs!!!!!

gud timing!!

Delhi6 CDs landing on hands of people from the west... who want to know more abt AR Rahman who won the golden globe.

a mix of indian culture and terrific composition ..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    raagas nallave overtime paarkareenga I appreciate your intent

rprasad, If your problem is with karthiks sensing abilities, I totally agree. and he does goes overboard at times. If its with ARR;s songs in Delhi 6 then you have to know something about ROM working style hear RDB and watch it. ARR himself got fascinated too earlier to comeup with a distinctive soundtrack.

Rakeysh Mehra is one blessed director, to have inspired such an awe-inspiring assortment of songs marked by its collective dramatic diversity. Delhi 6 is one of the best ever soundtracks I’ve heard in ages.
    Thats the point!

Loved Nandhalaala songs.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber rashid2raj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrIndia
    wow great songs!!!!!

gud timing!!

Delhi6 CDs landing on hands of people from the west... who want to know more abt AR Rahman who won the golden globe.

a mix of indian culture and terrific composition ..
    Exactly my thoughts
    Anbe unnaal manam freezing, adada kadhal endrum amazing B-)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coming to the soundtrack it a pleasure listening
    hooked on to Masakali & Rehna Tu & Dil Gira Dafatan, Ariziyan. ARR;s stylemark

I wonder what would be the movie plot to include such a crazy track "Hey kaala kaala bandhar " & lyrics Ember's rap was not credited, Monkey sound, Nuclear bomb

ethir paartha maadhiriye 10 songla 9 song cut on screen as bgms

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Guess_Me's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two excellent Delhi 6 reviews from PlanetBollywood.com

Aakash Gandhi (9.5/10):

"The aural splendor of DELHI 6’s score is one that escapes superlatives. Rahman’s varied approach and stylized compositions provide rare insight into the deepest corners of musical nirvana. Yet at the same time, they all carry that special Rahmantic touch that cannot be seen, nor heard…it must be felt. From the classically enlightened ambiance of Bhor Bhaye to the globalized rhythms of Masakali, from the sultry smooth treatment of Dil Gira Dafatan to the beautifully reinvigorated qawwali of Arziyan – Rahman’s Delhi 6 is a potpourri of shimmering brilliance that emerges amidst a milieu of vibrating sensations.

One can only marvel at this gifted man’s musical wizardry. But the scary part is…after two decades, it is still just the beginning"

Samir Dave (10/10):

"What an amazing musical journey it has been so far with this soundtrack. Rahman has given us styles that range from the folksy “Massakalli” to the classical “Bhor Bhaye”, to the higher level aarti “Tumre Bhavan Mein”, to the funky yet traditional “Genda Phool”, to the absolutely masterful “Dil Gira Dafatan”, to the quirky “Hey Kaala Bander”, to the soul stirring “Rehna Tu”, to the urban funk of “Delhi 6”, and finally to a masterful end with an irresistible qawwali, “Arziyan”. Javed Ali and Kailash Kher bring the house down with this track. You will clap along with them as they sing the higher power lyrics written by Prasoon Joshi. Rahman keeps the synths to a bare minimum here, instead relying on the classical based instruments dholak, tabla along with harmonium and that ages old human instrument, the clapping of hands. A perfect ending to this most perfect of soundtracks, this track will have you shouting, ‘WAH WAH Rahman bhai…ONCE MORE…THUMS UP!”

One would think that Rahman couldn’t raise the bar any higher.Just when you wonder how high he can go, he raises the bar even higher until one feels that he has attained true musical nirvana and we are lucky enough to be along for the ride. “Dilli 6” shows a Rahman that is at the top of his game. He is a league ahead of his contemporaries and an artist that transcends global boundaries to spread the joy of his music throughout the world. As of this writing, he has just won the Golden Globe award for the music of “Slumdog Millionaire” and has been nominated for best music by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts. I am sure he will be nominated and win the Academy Award for best music as well. Being creative and re-inventing oneself over the years is no easy feat, but Rahman has proven time and again that his creative well never runs dry. “Dilli 6” is a masterpiece from a master maestro, and another soundtrack that will be treasured for years to come. I don’t know how the movie will turn out, but this soundtrack far surpasses “Rang De Basanti” in scope, variety and beauty. Do yourself a favor and listen to this one over and over. You won’t regret it as you let the music take you to the darkest and brightest parts of your soul. Rahmaniacs rejoice in the musical nirvana that is A.R. Rahman! "

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast