Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: || Delhi 6 | Rakesh Omprakash Mehra | Abhishek Bachchan ||

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

|| Delhi 6 | Rakesh Omprakash Mehra | Abhishek Bachchan ||

Delhi-6 is a forthcoming Bollywood film to be directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra that will star Abhishek Bachchan , Sonam Kapoor, Om Puri, Atul Kulkarni, and Divya Dutta.

Delhi-6 is based on Mehra's growing up years in Chandni Chowk area of Old Delhi. The film will be Mehra's third directorial venture after the immensely successful Rang De Basanti, which had been selected as India's official entry to the Oscars and critically acclaimed Aks.

The film, produced by Ronnie Screwvala who previously produced Rang De Basanti will have musical maestro, A. R. Rahman composing the film's score and music. The music of the film is said to be expermental and in sync with the film. Editing will be handled by P.S. Bharati who previously worked as an editor in Mehra's Aks. Cinematography is handled by Ravi K. Chandran. Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra along with Kamlesh Pandey, Renzil D'Silva and renowned writer Syd Fields write the film.

The entire film will be shot at several locations in India including New Delhi and Mumbai. The shooting for the film will begin in early 2007 as Mehra is still in the process of finalizing the script. UTV plan to release the film sometime late next year.

http://delhi6.co.in/
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear this and Bollywood Music industry is in Healthy state by ARR

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ARRahman - Raykesh Mehra

this is a great combo and should do many films together.......Hrithik in 2 ARR films .....great, i seriosly think ARR has reversed his run of bad luck and is in safe land now....
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did he have any bad luck in bollywood in the first place?...his talent and success are too great to be ignored and shuffled by a flopping film

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkster
    Did he have any bad luck in bollywood in the first place?...his talent and success are too great to be ignored and shuffled by a flopping film
    one film is ok ma, but string of flops - is somewhat tricky....but now, he has come out of it.......
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkster
    about in hindi i dun think so... but in tamil.....GOSH....i dun wanna turn back & look at it.... nightmares!!!!!!!! the most scariest is Kadhal Virus & Kangalal Kaithi Sei.... excellent scores...and 97% of the normal Tamil music fans dunno about it........

in hindi...hmm...wut about Meenaxi,Tehzeeb,Swades,Netaji,Lakeer...arent this movies flop?? but yeah,musically it did its part...was popular songs..
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Senior Hubber nickraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ARR wasn't a flop. He's got chartbusters right from his "Rangeela" days through the recent "RDB."

Thank RGV for bringing the limelight to Bollywood.

Still, his tamil scores have been...average compared to his Bollywood ones.
    "aaj ka mera hey, kalka thera hey, side-dish pagoda hey, ye hey life hey"

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The sad news is that the MD of Delhi 6 is Ranjith Barot and not ARR as announced earlier. Its a light hearted comedy and is to be shot in a very short span of time. Hence ROM has opted for Ranjith.

Good news is that Bhairavi, ROM's next venture, has music by ARR..
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Siddharth bags a real big one!
    By Behindwoods News Bureau.
    April 7, 2007
    Having catapulted to fame with his mega hit movie Rang De Basanti, director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra is gearing up for his forthcoming autobiographical venture, Delhi 6. The director faced an uphill task in finalizing the hero right from the start. On receiving negative

siddharth
    response from Abishek Bachchan he approached Hrithik. With Hrithik agreeing to the script and when everything was rolling around peacefully, bang came a rude shock with Hrithik suddenly pulling out of the movie.

Not perturbed by this, the director offered the role to Siddharth who readily agreed to it. The movie will be shot in India and is expected to be released during 2007 end. Siddharth, who stole the thunder with his histrionics in RDB, is mighty pleased on getting the offer. This movie will be one of the four movies that are going to be produced by UTV for Rakeysh. Music is by none other than the Maestro, A.R.Rahman.

Post Thanks / Like
    It took me 6 yrs to understand screenplay" - Rakyesh Mehra

By Subhash K. Jha, January 9, 2008 - 14:10 IST

There's been a long gap between Rang De Basanti (RDB) and your next project Delhi 6?
    Why do you say that? This is my natural pace of working. RDB came three years after my first film Aks. I'm coming after 2 ½ years with Delhi 6. After Aks I was un-learning my mistakes. My biggest shortcoming in Aks was the screenplay. It has taken me 6 years to understand the concept of the screenplay. Now I know the most imperative part of my creative system is to know what needs to be gotten out on screen. The urge to make a film should be like an obsession. Delhi 6 is the one I am dying to make now.

The audience rejected Aks, but gave RDB an unprecedented ovation.
    I have great faith in the audience. It has always shown a great deal of maturity. In fact, we, the filmmakers are also the audience, why do we forget that. Audiences aren't some species from outer space, or a symbolic unidentifiable mass of people. The minute you isolate yourself from the audience the film won't work. Cinema is all that I do, apart from swimming.

The casting of the male lead in Delhi 6 was a problem.
    The casting has been a journey. My first and instinctive choice for the part was Abhishek Bachchan. And I met him right after RDB. Then the dates didn't work out. We decided to come together for a later film. But fortunately for our movie it finally worked out. But it wasn't as though I was just waiting. I kept working on the script. We tried to get other actors. But the role belonged to Abhishek.

You were actually supposed to launch him.
    Yeah, in a project called Samjhauta Express. We at that time were two young guys stepping into filmmaking together. Today at 42, I'm not so young. Abhishek is still young. He's a natural. I'd have got as much out of him as an actor in his debut as I'll now in Delhi 6. Even ten years from now he'll have something exciting to offer. We're both instinctive in our approach to cinema. To me Abhishek is very special.

And what made you pick Sonam Kapoor?
    Once I saw the promos of Saawariya I saw my heroine jump out of the screen. That was enough for me to call her and her father Anil Kapoor. Then when I saw Saawariya I was completely convinced of my decision.

Delhi 6 recreates vignettes from your own youth in Delhi's Chandni Chowk. How personal would it be?
    I've managed to distance myself from the screenplay. Having said that let me also say that every film I make will have a slice of my life. Delhi 6 more so than others. Aks was the least personal. It was my first film, and not necessarily by choice. I was finding my way into the cinema business with Aks. The film that I wanted to make first is yet to be made. The screenplay constantly keeps mutating. To me the screenplay keeps changing until the day I go on the floor. According to me, the shooting belongs to the players. The coach has done his job by creating an environment where the players do their best. On the floors, my job is that of a referee. I just have to keep the players within boundaries.

You've been singularly fortunate with actors.
    Oh yes, and in Delhi 6 I am blessed because I get to work with Waheeda Rehmanji again. She was a little reluctant to do RDB; I had told her very seriously that I would erect the set outside her Mumbai home in Bandstand. Her car would've had to pass through my set every day. I was very serious about this. My producers looked shocked but it didn't matter to me. Now in Delhi 6 she has a far more pivotal role. I am blessed to work with her twice. The film also has Om Puri. He's perfect for the part. He has kindly adjusted his dates in spite of the delays. Then there is Atul Kulkrani, Divya Dutta, Shefali Shah, Supriya Pathak, K.K Raina and Pavan Malhotra.

What about the music?
    A.R. Rahman has already done the score. We finished two months ago. And I'm working with two great writers Kamlesh Pandey and Prasoon Joshi on board. I am co-producing the film with UTV. Ronnie Screwvala and I share a very special bonding; we understand each other's vision. We balance each other's creativity out. We went through both turbulent and smooth weather during RDB. So, that made our bond stronger. Now I am completely nervous, though in a good way.

I can understand, what with RDB behind you.
    That doesn't matter. RDB was another film, another director. I was happy being part of it. Now I hope we can do justice to Delhi 6. The winds are favouring us. Let's see.

But the director who made RDB is far more successful and therefore has much more weight on his shoulder.
    Doesn't matter. At the end of the journey, it is the same terminal for all the passengers. Let's hope I find my baggage this time.

http://www.indiafm.com/features/2008/01/09/3455/

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast