Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: UNIQUE Language TAMIL. How?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

paer paadi

Quote Originally Posted by Sudhamaa
    OANGI VULAHALHANDHA VUTHTHAMAN PAER PAADI.
    Correct pronunciation: OANGI VULAHALHANDHA VUTHTHAMAN BARE BODY!!
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber devapriya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tamil Uniqueness

Freinds,

India is the mother of World Civilisation,and that with latest Archeological findings and Satelite views of Saraswathi river,Vedic Perriod can be dated to earlier than 3000 BCE and Tamil from Tholkappiyam and Sanam Lit. clearly refers Vedas at many places with Reverance and that is really unique.

Devapriya

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tamil Uniqueness

Quote Originally Posted by devapriya
    with latest Archeological findings and Satelite views of Saraswathi river,
    Can you give the links, please?
    Vedic Perriod can be dated to earlier than 3000 BCE and Tamil from Tholkappiyam and Sanam Lit. clearly refers Vedas at many places with Reverance and that is really unique.
    Have you read these texts? can you quote a few of those? Sorry, I dont know much about these and just curious to know the truth.
    யாகாவா ராயினு னாகாக்க

Post Thanks / Like

Vedic Culture & Tamil Sangam Lit.

Dear Friend,

Please goto search and give Devapriya or Solomon and read all posts you would see several posts quoting Sangam Lit. and Vedas.

I have a fair knowledge of both and do not claim an expert please and look Tamil and Sanskrit as the Two eyes of India.

Vedas refers to Sindu river as florishing and no reference to Ganga, Indus dried compleetly by 1900BCE and drying started by 2200BCE, hence Vedic period could be 5000- 2000BCE

Devapriya.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vedic Culture & Tamil Sangam Lit.

Dear Friend,

Please goto search and give Devapriya or Solomon and read all posts you would see several posts quoting Sangam Lit. and Vedas.

I have a fair knowledge of both and do not claim an expert please and look Tamil and Sanskrit as the Two eyes of India.

Vedas refers to Sindu river as florishing and no reference to Ganga, Indus dried compleetly by 1900BCE and drying started by 2200BCE, hence Vedic period could be 5000- 2000BCE

Devapriya.
    Dear Devapriya/solomon/whatever,
    I got the question only after reading all your posts. All of your statements are unsupported. Never have you provided any actual proofs to support your theories. I appreciate that you have a fair knowledge of both tamil and sanskrit. It would be better if you could include any real proofs along with your statements.
    யாகாவா ராயினு னாகாக்க

Senior Member Regular Hubber nms's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vairamuthuvin Varighalhil:

"Thamizhukku Zha Azhagu"

±ñ½¢Â ±ñ½¢Â¡íÌ ±öÐÀ ±ñ½¢Â¡÷
    ¾¢ñ½¢Â÷ ¬¸ô ¦ÀÈ¢ý - ¾¢ÕìÌÈû(666).

Senior Member Regular Hubber NVK Ashraf's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem of pronouncing "zha" by Tamils

Quote Originally Posted by nms
    "Thamizhukku Zha Azhagu"

சரியாகச் சொன்னீர்! தமிழுக்கு "ழ" அழகுதான். ஆனால் தமிழர்களால் "ழ" - கரத்தை சரியாக உச்சரிக்க முடிவதில்லையே ஏன்? இது மிகவும் தர்மசங்கடமான ஒரு நிலை. Apart from Tamil Brahmins and Malayalees, there are hardly people who can pronounce this unique letter properly. The blame should squarely go on the government for not enforcing it as a pre-requisite during elementary school eduction. There is no proper training.

தமிழுக்கு "ழ" அழகு என்றால், அரபு மொழிக்கு "ض" (Lwad) அழகு. வேடிக்கை என்னவென்றால், அரபியர்களுக்கு நிகராக கேரளாவில் உள்ளவர்கள் மற்றும்தான் இந்த எழுத்தை சரியாக் உச்சரிக்கின்றனர். This letter "Lwad" is embedded in the "Allah" (اللّه) and it has to be pronouced properly. Interestingly, even non-Muslims in Kerala pronouce Allah correctly. If you watch any Malayalam movie, the word will be pronounced properly by all actors. On the contrary, look at our actors like Vadivelu and Cilambarasam (all good Tamil names), they murder Tamil.

இந்நிலை எப்பொழுது மாறுமோ!
    Cling to the One Who clings to nothing

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The problem of pronouncing "zha" by Tamils

Quote Originally Posted by NVK Ashraf
    Quote Originally Posted by nms
    "Thamizhukku Zha Azhagu"

சரியாகச் சொன்னீர்! தமிழுக்கு "ழ" அழகுதான். ஆனால் தமிழர்களால் "ழ" - கரத்தை சரியாக உச்சரிக்க முடிவதில்லையே ஏன்? இது மிகவும் தர்மசங்கடமான ஒரு நிலை. Apart from Tamil Brahmins and Malayalees, there are hardly people who can pronounce this unique letter properly. The blame should squarely go on the government for not enforcing it as a pre-requisite during elementary school eduction. There is no proper training.

தமிழுக்கு "ழ" அழகு என்றால், அரபு மொழிக்கு "ض" (Lwad) அழகு. வேடிக்கை என்னவென்றால், அரபியர்களுக்கு நிகராக கேரளாவில் உள்ளவர்கள் மற்றும்தான் இந்த எழுத்தை சரியாக் உச்சரிக்கின்றனர். This letter "Lwad" is embedded in the "Allah" (اللّه) and it has to be pronouced properly. Interestingly, even non-Muslims in Kerala pronouce Allah correctly. If you watch any Malayalam movie, the word will be pronounced properly by all actors. On the contrary, look at our actors like Vadivelu and Cilambarasam (all good Tamil names), they murder Tamil.

இந்நிலை எப்பொழுது மாறுமோ!
    The fault lies ...NOT ON THE TAMILIAN INDIVIDUALS. who pronounce ZHA improperly.

The Lacunae is in the Teachers, Schools and Government who allow such SUB-STANDARD students to pass out.

Whenever I go to Kerala and move with the people there... including the poor and downtrodden folks...

I used to wonder... how they pronounce each and every letter of Malayalam, including ZHA, like Tamil...PHA like Urdu... GHA like Sanskrit.

There is NO WONDER... several present-day Tamilian teachers themselves, are unable to pronounce the Tamil letters including ZHA properlly.

Then how can we expect the students to learn and practice Tamil correctly.?

Lacunae is... LACK OF SINCERETY.... from the Schools and the Government.

Another Lacunae is... Tamilian-People are tolerating it.!!. CLASSICAL LANGUAGE.!!.

This is the present deteriorating state of affairs... since the past about 50 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    I must agree with you both on this. The fault lies on the Thamizh Nadu government for not enforcing it as a mandatory subject. I mean it is very ironic that a state named after the language does not bother to teach the language to the kids that live in it.

I reside in Canada and we get some of the game shows aired in Thamizh Nadu here as well. I am embarrassed for some of the contenstants when they can't answer most of the Thamizh related questions. It is such a pity that nothing is being done to preserve this precious language.

Post Thanks / Like

Tamil Pronouncements

Friends,

I FULly agree with the state of Teachers and poor Tamil pronouncements.

Tamil Film SOngs are another worst example.

Devapriya

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast