Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UNIQUE Language TAMIL. How?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Venkatesvaran (@ 212.*) on: Mon Mar 1 08:39:34 EST 2004

¾Á¢ú ¯ûÇ ´Õ Å¡÷ò¨¾ '±ò¾¨É¡ÅÐ' ±ýÀÐ! ¿£í¸û ¯í¸û «ôÀ¡ «õÁ¡×ìÌ ±ò¾¨É¡ÅÐ À¢û¨Ç? - þ¨¾, ±ò¾¨É¡ÅÐ ±ýÀ¨¾, ¬í¸¢Äò¾¢ø ±ýɦÅýÚ ÜÚÅ£÷¸û?
    §ÁÖõ, ¿¡ý ¾ü§À¡Ð ź¢òÐ ÅÕõ µÁ¡ý ¿¡Î µ÷ «ÃÒ ¿¡Î. «Ã¡À¢Â ¦Á¡Æ¢Â¢ø, º¢Ä Å¡÷ò¨¾¸û.....
    ¿À÷,(¬û)
    Á¡Â¢ (¾ñ½£÷) (¿õÁ¢ø Á¡Ã¢, Á¸Á¡Â¢, ±ýÚ Üڧšõ...ºÀ¡( ²Ø)
    Ó¾¢÷( ãò¾/ ¦Àâ ),
    º£¾¡ (§¿Ã¡¸) º£¨¾ìÌ §¿Ã¡ÉÅû ±ýÀ¾¡ø¾¡ý «ô¦ÀÂ÷....
    þÐ §À¡ø þýÛõ ²Ã¡ÇÁ¡É Å¡÷ò¨¾¸û ¯ûÇÉ..
    þùÅ¢Õ ¦Á¡Æ¢¸Ç¢Öõ ÒĨÁ §ÁÖõ ¯ñ¦¼ýÈ¡ø, þýÉÓõ ÜÈÓÊÔõ.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

R.Srinivasan. (U.S.A) (@ ip68*) on: Mon Mar 1 15:36:04 EST 2

Mr.Venkateswaran,
    ===================
    ¾Á¢ú ¯ûÇ ´Õ Å¡÷ò¨¾ '±ò¾¨É¡ÅÐ' ±ýÀÐ! ¿£í¸û ¯í¸û «ôÀ¡ «õÁ¡×ìÌ ±ò¾¨É¡ÅÐ À¢û¨Ç? - þ¨¾, ±ò¾¨É¡ÅÐ ±ýÀ¨¾, ¬í¸¢Äò¾¢ø ±ýɦÅýÚ ÜÚÅ£÷¸û?
    ==================
    þ§¾ ¦À¡ÕÇ¢ø ... ²¨É ¦¾ýÉ¡ðÎ ¦Á¡Æ¢¸Ç¡É ¦¾ÖíÌ, ¸ýɼõ, ÐÙ, Á¨ÄÂ¡Ç ¦Á¡Æ¢¸Ç¢ø ¦º¡ü¸û ¯ûÇÉ.

¬É¡ø ... ż þó¾¢Â ¦Á¡Æ¢¸Ç¡É †¢ó¾¢, ÁáðÊ, ¦Àí¸¡Ä¢... §À¡ýÈÅüÈ¢§Ä§Â ¦º¡ü¸û þø¨Ä ±ýÛõ§À¡Ð... «ýɢ ¿¡ðÎ ¦Á¡Æ¢Â¡É ¬í¸¢Äò¾¢ø þøÄ¡¾Ð Å¢ó¨¾ «ýÚ.

±É¢Ûõ ¿£í¸û ±ÎòÐ측ðÎõ ÁüÚ§Á¡÷ ¦º¡ø ¯¾¡Ã½õ ... ¿¡ý §ÁüÜȢ ¸ÕòÐôÀÊ ...

... ¾ü¸¡Ä ¯ÄÌ ¦Á¡Æ¢¸û «¨Éò¾¢Öõ º¢Èó¾ ÅÇÁ¡É ¦Á¡Æ¢Â¡¸ì ¸Õ¾ôÀÎõ ¬í¸¢Äò¾¢§Ä§Â ܼ þøÄ¡¾ ÅǨÁ ¾Á¢Æ¢ø ¯ûÇÐ ±Ûõ Å¡¾ò¾¢üÌ §ÁÖõ µ÷ ¬¾¡Ãõ.

====================
    «Ã¡À¢Â ¦Á¡Æ¢Â¢ø, º¢Ä Å¡÷ò¨¾¸û .....

¿À÷,(¬û) Á¡Â¢ (¾ñ½£÷) (¿õÁ¢ø Á¡Ã¢, Á¸Á¡Â¢, ±ýÚ Üڧšõ...ºÀ¡( ²Ø) Ó¾¢÷( ãò¾/ ¦Àâ ), º£¾¡ (§¿Ã¡¸) º£¨¾ìÌ §¿Ã¡ÉÅû ±ýÀ¾¡ø¾¡ý «ô¦ÀÂ÷....

þÐ §À¡ø þýÛõ ²Ã¡ÇÁ¡É Å¡÷ò¨¾¸û ¯ûÇÉ..
    ===================

¾Á¢Æ¢ø ¾¢¨ºî ¦º¡ü¸û... «ÃÒ, ¦À÷„¢Âý, §À¡÷и£Š, Äò¾£ý... §À¡ýÈ «ýɢ ¦Á¡Æ¢î¦º¡ü¸Ùõ ¸ÄóÐ ÀÄ áüÈ¡ñθÙìÌ ÓýÀ¢Õó§¾ ¿ÁÐ ÒÆì¸ò¾¢ø ÅóÐûÇÉ ±Ûõ ¯ñ¨Á¨Â þó¾ ÁýÈò¾¢ý Àø§ÅÚ þ¨Æ¸Ç¢ø ¿¡ý ±ÎòÐì ¸¡ðÊ¢Õ츢§Èý.

ÌÈ¢ôÀ¡¸,... ¾¢ÉÓõ ´Õ Å¡÷ò¨¾ ... þÄ츢 §Á¨¼... Å¡Øõ ¾Á¢ú... Tamil-Diction.... §À¡ýÈÅüÈ¢Öõ... §ÁÖõ þ§¾ þ¨Æ¢ø ÓýÉÕõ ... ¸¡½Ä¡õ.

¯¾¡Ã½Á¡¸ ¿¡õ ¾Á¢Æ¢ø º÷Å º¡¾¡Ã½Á¡¸ô ÀÂýÀÎòÐõ... ¾¢¨ºî¦º¡ü¸û...

... ºÃ¢, ¾¢ÛÍ, ¸Î¾¡º¢ .... ±Ûõ ¦º¡ü¸û ¦À÷„¢Âý ãÄ¡ü¸û.

... ƒýÉø, ÍõÁ¡Î ... ±ýÀ¨Å §À¡÷òи£º¢Â ãÄ¡ü¸û.

... ƒ¢øÄ¡, ÀÃÅ¡ö, ¾¡Ê, ÌøÄ¡ö, ¾¡Ö측, ¾¡º¢ø¾¡÷, Å측ÄòÐ, ¾ÃôÒ, ¿¢ƒõ, «ºø, ¿¸ø ... «ÃÒ ãÄ¡ü¸û.

1. ¿À÷

¿£í¸û ÜÚõ ... "¿À÷"... ±Ûõ ¦º¡øÖõ «ÃÒ ãÄ¡ø§Ä....

«¾¡ÅÐ... «ÃÒ ¦Á¡Æ¢Â¢Ä¢ÕóÐ ¾Á¢ØìÌ þÈìÌÁ¾¢Â¡ÉÐ.

2. Á¡Â¢ (¾ñ½£÷) (¿õÁ¢ø Á¡Ã¢, Á¸Á¡Â¢, ±ýÚ Üڧšõ...

¾Á¢Æ¢ø "Á¡Ã¢" ±ýÈ¡ø Á¨Æ ±ýÈ ¦À¡ÕÙõ Á¨ÈÓ¸Á¡¸ò "¾ñ½£¨ÃÔõ" ÌÈ¢ôÀ¢Îõ ¦º¡ø.

¬É¡ø "Á¡Â¢" ±ýÈ ¦º¡ø ¾Á¢Æ¢ø Á¡Â¡-§¾Å¢Â¡É ¸¡Ç¢¨Âì ÌÈ¢ôÀÐ.

"«ý¨É" ±ýÈ ¦À¡ÕÙõ ¯ñÎ .....

"Á¡Â¢" ±ýÈ ¦º¡ø ÁáðÊ ¦Á¡Æ¢Â¢Öõ "¾¡ö" ±ýÈ ¸Õò¾¢ø ÅÆí¸ôÀθ¢ÈÐ.

"¬Â¢" ±ýÈ ¦º¡øÖìÌõ "«ý¨É" ±ýÈ ¦À¡Õû ¯ñÎ.

Á¸Á¡Â¢ ±ýÈ ¦º¡øÖìÌ....

Á¸ + Á¡Â¢ = Á¸¡ «ý¨É

Á¸õ + ¬Â¢ = Á¸õ ¿ðºò¾¢Ãò¾Å§Ç; Á¸ ¿ðºò¾¢Ãò¾¢ø À¢Èó¾ «ý¨É§Â

¬É¡ø "Á¡Â¢" ±ýÈ ¦º¡øÖìÌ ¾Á¢Æ¢ø "¾ñ½£÷" ±ýÈ ¦À¡ÕÇ¡? ±ôÀÊ?

3. ºÀ¡( ²Ø) .... þì¸ÕòÐ ±ôÀÊ?

4. Ó¾¢÷( ãò¾/ ¦Àâ )....

¬õ .... ¯í¸û ¸ÕòÐ ²ü¸ò¾ì¸§¾.

5. º£¾¡ (§¿Ã¡¸) º£¨¾ìÌ §¿Ã¡ÉÅû ±ýÀ¾¡ø¾¡ý «ô¦ÀÂ÷....

«ÃÒ ... "º£¾¡" ±ýÚ ÌÈ¢ôÀ¢¼ôÀΞ¢ø... "¾¡" ±Øò¾¢ý ¯îºÃ¢ô§À §ÅÚ.

Seedhaa = §¿Ã¡É.... Straight. þ§¾ ¸Õò¾¢ø †¢ó¾¢Â¢Öõ ²¨É ż þó¾¢Â ¦Á¡Æ¢¸Ç¢Öõ ÅÆí¸ôÀθ¢ÈÐ.

Seethaa = §¾Å¢ º£¾¡.... «î¦º¡ø «ýÚ þó¾ «ÃÒ¡ø.... þÐ.... "SEEDHAA".

«ýÀ§Ã!... ¿ýÈ¢ .... À¡Ã¡ðÎì¸û!!

¿¡Ûõ «ÃÒ ¿¡ðÊø ±ïº¢É£Â÷ À½¢ ¦ºö¾ ¸¡Äò¾¢ø «õ¦Á¡Æ¢Â¢ÉÕ¼ý ÀƸ¢Â «ÛÀÅÓõ ±ÉìÌì ¨¸¦¸¡Î츢ÈÐ.

<a name="last"></a>

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harish Kumar (@ 203-*) on: Sun Jan 18 12:15:15 EST 2004

//I don't see how it is said kannada and telugu came from tamil.The presence of old tamil words in kannada is give as the proof.....How do you say if there are two identical words in kannada and tamil tamil was the giver and kannada was the receiver ?//

Simply because one Language is the Giver or the Source for another Language being the Offshoot or the Taker... no language is considered inferior. For example, English is not a Classical-Language of Total or even partial Originality of its own... but an admixture of several Classical Languages like Greek, Latin, Sanskrit, Tamil and so on.

However English is considered a Great one amongst the International Language due to some other reasons and factors unique to it. And the English people are aware of its History and they unhesitantly accept the Truth as established by the Common Scholars....

They accept a Spade as a Spade... Nothing else... because it is the Truth and Reality.

Language is a part of Culture which Mankind has mutually exchanged to their best advantage time to time. So either Kannadigas or Telugus or other Non-Tamilians have nothing to feel denigrated ... but gladly accept the fact... whatever it be.

Now let us see logically the answer for your Question....

(1) The primary point to be observed here is, that out of all the Indian Languages currently spoken,....

....Tamil is only declared as the the Most Ancient CLASSICAL-LANGUAGE as well as the First Language ever spoken by Mankind...

... as authentically accepted and proved ever since several centuries back by the International Linguistic Scholars...

... like Dr. Percivel, DrHarts, Dr.Caldwell, Dr.Maxmuller, Dr. Suneethi- kumar Chatterji and such others.

(2) Another only Indian Language named CLASSICAL is.... SANSKRIT...which has been classified as a DEAD- LANGUAGE in the whole International Arena.

It is clear that Kannada and the other Non-Tamil Dravidian Languages, are almost the ADMIXTURES of Tamil and Sanskrit in different forms or modes.... of these Two Classical Languages., which justifies. the point

(3) The most important factor is.... the Comparative Character of Tamil with other Indian Languages. Unlike all other Indian Languages... Tamil is the only Language, where the PHONETICS IS CREATED BASED ON THE LOCATION OF LETTERS, conrary to other Indian Languages where the Phonetics are created right at the Root- Source of each letter itself like Sanskrit. So to say Tamil Phonetics is SYLLABLE-BASED, similar to English unlike Sanskrit and other Indian Languages in which the Phonetics are LETTER-BASED. A language of such an independant phenomenal character cannot be the Offshoot- Language NOR FROM ANOTHER LANGUAGE of far-different basic character..

(4) Compared to other Indian Languages Tamil is the only Language where we do not have 4 types of sounds varying on each Consonant letter like Ka, Cha, Ta, Tha, Pa. Such another factor of independant character justifies further on the impossibility to be named as the Offshoot Language.

(5)Although Sanskrit words are mixed in all the Indian Languages including Tamil, the conspicuous discerning factor in case of Tamil is...

.... when we add more and more Sanskrit words.... it is called a Highest standard of Literature in case of other Indian Languages...

.... whereas it is the opposite case for Tamil...

... So to say... the more we avoid Sanskrit Words... it is classified as the Rich Tamil of Highest Literature value....!!!

(6)Out of all the Indian Languages Tamil grammar is unique and far different from the other ones since they are mostly based on Sanskrit Grammar. In such a case Tamil cannot be deemed as the Offshoot Language of even the other Classical Language of India so called Sanskrit.... So similar question on Kannada or Telugu as the Giver- Language is totally unacceptable by Reasoning.

(7) If we compare the Root-forms or the Sources of Kannada and other South-Indian Languages.... like Halae-Kannada, Acha-Thelugu, Ezhuthachan-Malayalam with Senthamizh ... we find an astonishing similarity.... denoting that Tamil is the SOURCE for all the dravidian languages.

(8) The History of Tamil dates several centuries earlier to all other Soujth-Indian Languages, the Vice-versa is out of question.

(9) Tamil is an International Language since several thousands of years, which highest status of Age, no other Indian Language including Sanskrit can claim.

(10) We find Tamil-Script Stone-carvings, Metal-plated Documents and Palm-leaf records in the ancient Epigraphies all over India including the Kannada, Telugu, Malayalam speaking regions and not the Vice-versa.... so to say Kannada or Telugu or any other Indian Script Documents cannot be found in the ancient Historical- Epigraphy of Tamilnadu regions.

So it s clear that TAMIL IS THE ONLY CLASSICAL LANGUAGE....

.... Still standing INDEPENDANT ON ITS OWN... with RICH LITERATURE.
    Most INVALUABLE TREASURE is.. Time.
    Spend it MEANINGFULLY Spread effectively.

Post Thanks / Like
    TRANSLITERATION ...... of.... TAMIL-Terminologies

ZERO FOOD- ITEM

One Sardarji met his Ex.- Class- mate Tamilian friend at Chennai after several years.

Sardarji wanted to taste the South-Indian food varieties. So his local friend took him to a leading Restaurant and hosted him with delicious Tamilian dishes. Sardarji enjoyed eating the several new items till then unknown to him. And he wanted to know the names of each item he relished much and whenever so asked, his friend used to show him the particular item written in Transliterated-English in the Menu-card.

Next day....Sardarji went alone to another Hotel and asked the server to give him...

... One.... "Zero- Zero- thapam"...

The hotel- Bearer could not follow... then the Sardarji showed the Menu-card.

What he meant was ... nothing but...

... the famous South-Indian Food-item ...... "Ooththappam"...

... which he read as... "zero-zero-thapam"

All people around laughed at him.

HANDICAPPED DOSAI :

During an Inernational conference at New Delhi... some of the foreign delegates wanted to learn Tamil through English. They bought a Guide-book on Tamil and mugged up some Transliterated Tamil-terminologies from the book.

Based on the guidance from the book, they decided to talk in Tamil only with the Tamilians

Next time when they went to a Tamilian Hotel...

... one Gentleman ordered the Bearer in the so called Tamil ....

... "Thoasaay kodhu".

... Bearer could not follow... then his wife said...

... "No. No.... You have wrongly pronounced the Tamil words...

... I will say it correctly... after referring to the book ready on hand .... she said.....

..." Hey... Bearer... Toasaay koththu "....

... The Bearers were blinking!.. while the people around started mocking at the Foreigners.

Then one Bearer asked back in English...

... What Language you are speaking... Madam?

... Oh!... It is... YOUR TAMIL .... I am speaking...

... as per.... YOUR BOOK... I got from.... YOUR COUNTRY.

All the people around... could not answer... and so kept Silent...

... Not knowing what to say!

In fact... What they wanted to... SAY and MEAN ... was...

... Dhoasai Kodu... meaning ..."Give me Dhoasai"

For their such ... BLABBERS ...

... Are the Sardarji couple and the Foreigners... to be blamed?...

... When the people around mocked at them ... !!

... they miserably cut a sorry figure... blinking blank... !!!.

... Was it the Fault of those Foreigners ?...

... who trusted the book furnished to them in the Host-country... !!!

... Whose Fault it was...?... and... IS....??... ????????

... as the State of affairs STILL continue....YET... !!!... !!!....!!!

Should the Pitiable ... GUEST Strangers deserve to be LAUGHED AT....?

... Or ... We.... the Honourable !.... HOSTS.... ???????

Post Thanks / Like

Ms. Pavithra,

Thanks.. My Clarifications are ....

// ..... I did understand the grammar rules of Tamil //.

You mean... Did... or "Did Not"... ?

//I could infer from your explanation that "GANGA" can be pronounced as "GANGA", only out of experience and not based on any grammar rules.... I have seen that some of us pronounce the word " PADMA" as "BADMA”. I know that pronouncing "PADMA" as "BADMA" is wrong, in Tamil it has to be pronounced, as "PADMA" then why is this happening, is it a matter of practice?//

No. You have mistaken my earlier statement. Further I clarify here.
    These words are Proper Nowns, which are to be pronounced as the Language of origin, stipulates.

For Example ... "Kaveri'... has to be pronounced as Kaavaeri only by others in any Language, as it is so called by the local people concerned)....

... and ... Padma... as Padhmaa ..only concurring with the owner of that Name. and... Not as.... Paedma (similar to pronouncing ..."Pad".... in the word Letter-Pad) ...

Both these Names of Popular Nowns... emanated from the Religious Language Sanskrit... common for all the Hindus. ... like Hebrerw for Christians and Arab for Muslims...

So we should not deviate from its stipulated Original pronunciations in view of Divinity.

//This is because "GANGA" is an adopted word in Tamil (I mean it does not belong to Tamil, I am not sure if I am right in saying that "GANGA" is not a Tamil word,...//

The Question of adopted word does not arise here. Allahabad, Patna, Salem, Vadodra... are also other examples to justify the pronunciations as has been prescribed by the People or owners possessing and mainly concerned with these Proper-Nown words... even though it can be pronounced by other ways too... in the language it is transliterated.

// (2) If yes then can I say that " KANGA" is the equivalent of the Sanskrit word "GANGA" or does Tamil have a different word for it?//

If a person named in Tamil as... "Thaen-Mozhi(§¾ý-¦Á¡Æ¢)"... is addressed as... "Thenmosi"... (¦¾ý-¦Á¡º¢) ... by wrongly pronouncing her Name ... Only the Tamil-knowing persons around... will laugh at him...

While others may argue that as per English grammar it has to be said as "Thenmosi"(¦¾ý¦Á¡º¢) only ... Can it be acceptable?

// (1) I know that Tamil has a very rich vocabulary, and its quite possible that we have equivalent of the Sanskrit words in Tamil. I would like to know if I am right in saying this //

No Language presently EXISTING .... even in the whole of International arena ... is PURE... with its own Classical-vocabulary of Origin. Every Language has adopted words from various Classical Root Languages like Greek, Latin, Hebrew, Sanskrit, Tamil and so on... which is the Reality of Culture, which Truth has to be accepted acknowledged and duly recognised as well. Fanaticism will be suiciodal.

English is Not a Classical Language... but called as a Fertile language... Well-liked preferably over other Languages for International communications especially for Science & Technology... Mainly because it possesses... the Maximum Vocabulary... apt and well-suited to express and convey the intricate Senses and Thoughts inherent within a few Words or Terminologies. In this respect Tamil or any other Indian Languages too are far behind.

But such a Rich vocabulary in English has been made possible only by means of abundant and accomodative acquisitions from several Global languages, including Tamil into English.... which is the main reason for its widest prevalence living deep-rooted.

But the unbiased Linguists say that.... English is an unrefined Language because of Non-standard granmmar.... especially for Pronunciation.

The words ... "But"... and "Put"... have to be pronounced differently... Why? on what basis? There is No answer in that Grammar.... But only a Thumb-rule... Stating... "It has to be SO"... Unquestionably...Unlike any other Language in the World... past and the present. In one or the other places... such Thumb-Rules... do exist for all the Popular Languages of To-day.

Lot of Sanskrit words have got mixed up in Tamil, more in our spoken Language... and Vice-versa too. So to say ... several Tamil words have been adopted by Sanskrit too. For example as I have already mentioned under these pages.... the the Root of Sanskrit word... Neeraha... meaning Water... the Tamil origin word... "NEER" (¿£÷)... from which Root-word.... another Sanskrit word... Neeraja (¿£Ãƒ¡) ... has emanated.

But it cannot be said... that for each and every Non-Tamil-origin-word... we can find a substitute pure Tamil word from the ancient Tamil Literature. but 60% of Tamil words we are not using at all... even though we have equivalent Tamil word available...

// (3) If I am right then no body can say " look Tamil does not have a pronunciation as "GANGA", in fact it should be made clear to people that the Sanskrit "GANGA" is only "KANGA" in Tamil and it is not an adulteration in the pronunciation."//

If in Tamil literature it is pronounced as ... 'Kanga"... truly conforming to its Grammar... nothing wrong in it..... Nobody can comment on it .. It has to be taken as the "Thatha-bhavam" form of transformation. but practically speaking it has be SPOKEN only in its phonetic-style of its Lingistic-origin ... as I have illustrated above.

Regarding the Difficulty and Facility of various phonetics and Syllables or Sounds I have detailed in my previous Reply. I reiterate... this difficulty exists for each and every Language while Transliterating other Language words. There is no exeception... including Sanskrit, Hindi, English etc. ... as much as.... or even more... than Tamil.

But NO Language should be considered as a YARDSTICK to measure the Greatness of another Language. Only because all the other Indian Languages... are the OFF-SHOOT-LANGUAGES of One Root-Classical Language.... Sanskrit...

... Whereas Tamil... is the only one Contrary to them.... since independant...

.. and... Equally Classical like Sanskrit... whose Grammar is far different from Tamil.

But one point we have to think... why Sanskrit ... has become a Dead-Language?

... as also such other ancient Classical Languages like Hebrew, Greek, Latin... are extinct?

... while Tamil is Not?.... but LIVING BRIGHT ....and also thriving Internationally?

Because of 3 Main reasons.... for Tamil....

(1) The pronunciations are simple and LIGHT... with NO Harsh and Tough Phonetics.

(2) The Language is Very easy with a Simple Grammar... when compared to other Indian Languages especially Sanskrit, which is a difficult Language, especially its Grammar... Foreigners too say so.

(3) It practically accomodates being flexible enough to import the alien Language words into its stream.... like English and Hindi (but without their Draw-backs)

(4) It is widely prevalent all over the world since several centuries, unlike any other Cllassical language.

// (4) Secondly why do we use so many Sanskrit words in spoken Tamil if we have the equivalent words in Tamil? How did this mixing happen?//

Yes... For example...

... ¸øĢ¡½õ / Kalliyaanham (Sanskrit) = ¾¢ÕÁ½õ(Thirumanham); ÅШŠ/ Vadhuivai(Tamil)
    ... Window(English) = ƒýÉø / Jannal (Portugese) = ¸¡Ä¾÷ / Kaaladhar
    ... Yes (English) = ºÃ¢ / Sari (Persian) = ¬¸ðÎõ / Aahattum
    ... Variety(English) = ¾¢ÛÍ / Dhinusu(Persian) = Ũ¸(Vahai)
    ... ºÁ¡îº¡Ãõ / Samaachaaram(Sanskrit) = ¾¸Åø (Thahaval) / ¦ºö¾¢ (Seydhi)

But Why we are mixing...?... It is the Reality of Common-man's convenience!!!

// (6) Can you please suggest me some book on Tamil grammar (I am beginner in this context)//

You can refer to Tamil Sangam, Madurai.... They can help you authentically.

Post Thanks / Like

"¬í츢 «Äì¸Äóò¾ «ò¾Áý §À÷ À¡ðÊ...." (Aanki alakkalanththa Aththaman Paer Paatti)

... One Boy was reciting Tamil Thiruppaavai transliterated in English letters.... as above... meant to be read as...

µí¸¢ ¯Ä¸Çó¾ ¯ò¾Áý §À÷ À¡Ê (Oangi Ulahalhandha Vuththaman Paer paadi)

Then why the boy read it differently? because according to the conventional English pronunciation it leads to be read so. It was not the Faiult of the Boy... but the Transliteration Style radically unsuited to Tamil Language... whose pronunciations are Not Letter-based like all the other Indian Languages, for which only this sort of Transliteration Style may perhaps suit, being Letter-based pronunciations.

For Tamil since the pronunciations are Syllable-based like English, it has to be dealt differently...

So the Tamil-Sangam Experts invented a New-Style named as Tamil-Sangam Style of Transliteration in the year 1932. This unique style well-suited to Tamil Language... also suits any other Language of International arena.

Post Thanks / Like
    BEST-SUITED TRANSLITERATION-STYLE.... for Tamil... in English

...is... the TAMIL-SANGAM-STYLE standardised in the year 1932.

... since it is SYLLABLE-BASED... unlike all other Styles, which are Letter-based... suited for all other Indian-Languages.

Tamil is the ONLY INDIAN-LANGUAGE... which is SYLLABLE-BASED...Similar to English.

All other Transliteration-Styles in vogue now for Tamil... at par with other Indian Languages....

...can ONLY MISLEAD a Stranger... depicting a different pronunciation than the Tamil's true form.

Post Thanks / Like

DIFFERENT PRONUNCIATIONS for One and the Same TAMIL-LETTER... Unlike other Indian-Languages.

Every Language-Sentence is formed by Words..

Words are formed by SYLLABLES... which is the Basis for SHORTHAND-NEED for any Language.

For example...in an English Word : CIRCUMSTANCE... Cir +Cum+Stance... are the Three Phonetics... which are called SYLLABLES.

In a Tamil-Word : MAYILAADUTHURHAI... MAYI + LAADU + THURHAI...

...BY way of Pronunciation only... (although by Grammatical-sense, it is a Combination of MAYIL+ AADU + THURHAI)

In English Language, there is NO STANDARD-PRONUNCIATION FOR any single LETTER... but gets its Phonetic-form, only when it is placed within a Syllable... which itself varies from place to place.

.. For example, there is NO STANDARD PRONUNCIATION for the Letter: "G"... which is pronounced as "JI"

But it gets the sound of "Ge".... while it is used as GET..

And gets the Sound of "Ja" ... when used in GEORGE.

Further different with "F" phonetic... in LAUGH..

In all the Indian-Languages.... EXCEPT TAMIL... each and every Letter has a SPECIFIC PRONUNCIATION...

... and so Every Letter has to be pronounced only by that SINGLE Pronunciation or Phonetic... right from the ORIGIN OF THE LETTER ITSELF.... all through.

For example, a Letter "KA" in Telugu, Hindi, Bengali, Marathi.. and such other Indian-Languages.... EXCEPT TAMIL...

...has to be pronounced as "KA" only.... wherever it be placed... and NOT DIFFERENT.... in any case.

Whereas in Tamil.... there is NO STANDARD-PRONUNCIATION for each Letter.... since it varies according to its placement in a syllable forming the relevant Word.

But it sounds different according to its placement in a Syllable forming part of the relevant Word

For example.... in the Tamil-Word : ¸Ä¸í¸û (KALAHANGALH)... the Letter :"KA" is pronounced as ... KA, HA, GA... Three different-pronunciations for the same Letter "KA".. according to its three locations.

In the cases of other Indian Languages... it has to be read as : KALAKANKALH.... same pronunciation as KA only as it is ... for the Letter from Origin.

So for Transliteration of any Indian-Language into English-Letters... we are able to specify one and the same pronunciation for each Letter... as Ka, Ga, Gha... Cha, Chha, Ja, Jha.... and so on, which System .... WILL NOT SUIT THE TAMIL LANGUAGE ....

...since the Pronunciation in Tamil.... is NOT LETTER-BASED.... but LOCATION-BASED.... so to say its Syllable

So according to the Stipulation for other Indian Languages... if we Transliterate one Tamil-Literature line as...

Onki ulakalanda uththaman pEr pAti.... a Stranger to Tamil will read as ...

...¬í츢 «Äì¸Äñ¼ «ò¾Áý §À÷ À¡ðÊ (AANKI ALAKKALANDA ATHTHAMAN PAER PAATTI)...

...which in fact is different as... µí¸¢ ¯Ä¸Çó¾ ¯ò¾Áý §À÷ À¡Ê... which is CORRECTLY PRONOUNCED ONLY BY....Tamil-Sangam-Style as...

OANGI VULAHALHANDHA VUTHTHAMAN PAER PAADI.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

How Tamil is unique

I'm totally disgusted with this topic. I find most of the gentlemen??? under this topic are ignorant, unpolite and lack sense. I leave this topic deeply hurt and at the same time wonder at the racistic comments. If not for the great tamil scholars and the true protectors of Tamil, we would have vanished like the Red Indians.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

thaaththaavukku

சுதமா தாத்தா!!

பேத்தி பேச்சைக் கேளாமல்
    இந்த தேவா நாத்தி பின்னாலே போய்
    நல்லா வாங்கிக் கட்டிக் கொண்டீங்க தாத்தா

சேராத இடந்தனிலே சேர வேண்டாம்,
    தேராத ஆய்வுகள் கூற வேண்டாம்
    வாதாடும் குறவரிட வள்ளிப் பங்கன்
    மயிலேறும் பெருமாளை வாழ்த்தாய் நெஞ்சே!!!!

பேசாமல் என்னோடு வந்துவிடுங்கள்.
    வள்ளலார் பாடல்களிலே வாழ்வின் உண்மையறிவோம்,
    சிவ பிரானின் நன்மையரிவோம்!!

உங்கள் அன்புப் பேத்தி
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast