Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UNIQUE Language TAMIL. How?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

UNIQUE Language TAMIL. How?

Topic started by R.Srinivasan. (U.S.A) (@ ip68-0-198-105.ri.ri.cox.net) on Sun Oct 19 12:12:36 .

Every Language is great and lovable by heart and mind of the people having it as their Mother-Tongue,like the MOTHER for every Human.And no doubt each Language has its own Beauty and Value.

At the same time...

"HOW and in what aspects TAMIL IS GREAT and UNIQUE?... as also the factors behind... in comparison to other Languages," ...

...is the Topic of Interest, under this Title.

I invite the honourable participants to analyse this factor in a healthy and open-mind.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Old responses

Post Thanks / Like

R.Srinivasan. (U.S.A) (@ ip68*) on: Tue Dec 2 09:14:55 EST 2

Dear ALL FRIENDS,

I have initiated this Thread with a high intention of exchanging their valuable thoughts and knowledge on the this important Topic well-relevant and seriously conveyable to the Contemporary Tamil-Society.

Whereas some Guys who are Sick-minded, Tamil-Hatred and ADAMANT and OBSTINATE to thrust their baseless Inferences on others....as also insulting and hurting the Honourable Participants

So please do not reply to this MIND-SICKLY CHARACTER, Mr. Terminator ANYMORE.

I have also taken up the matter with the Administarators.

Please IGNORE such UNWORTHY CHARACTERS in future too.

Post Thanks / Like

Idiappam (@ cach*) on: Tue Dec 2 09:25:39 EST 2003

Ok, Mr Srinivasan!

Post Thanks / Like

Ramakrishna (@ shar*) on: Wed Dec 3 05:41:49 EST 2003

Hi R.Srinivasan.

I fully agree with you that TAMIL is classical and ancient complete language and S.I languages are indebted to TAMIL. (My mother tough is Telugu).
    But in my opinion a language becomes rich and will serve the purpose more if it can accept the words from other languages (EX: English).

Post Thanks / Like

R.Srinivasan. (U.S.A) (@ ip68*) on: Wed Dec 3 09:07:03 EST 2

To : The ADMINISTARATORS,

Thanks a lot for honouring and Complying with my request promptly and thus ....

...TERMINATED....THE ..."TERMINATOR".

..So DELETED THE IRRELEVANT, UNWORTHY Side-Tracking and Impertinent INTERFERENCES by one TAMIL-HATRED GUY..named "Terminator" in this IMPORTANT-THREAD...one amongst such... many here.

...as also BLOCKED his future participation in ANY THREAD UNDER THIS VALUABLE FORUM.

Many Many Thanks. Please KEEP IT UP.

Sincerely,
    R.Srinivasan( Initiator of this Thread)

Post Thanks / Like

R.Srinivasan. (U.S.A) (@ ip68*) on: Thu Dec 4 09:51:49 EST 2

Mr.Ramakrishna:

// I fully agree with you that TAMIL is classical and ancient complete language and S.I languages are indebted to TAMIL. // .

Unbiased Indian and International Linguistic Scholars have asserted authentically that all the other South-Indian Languages, (so called Dravidian-Languages) are the Off-shoot Languages sprung up from the Ancient TAMIL, so called SENTHAMIZH ( Classical Form of Tamil)

One of such authentic Research Study is by Dr. Suneethi Kumar Chatterji whose Treatise is "Origin and Development of Dravidian-Languages"

It is also asserted that Tamil was the only Language spoken ALL OVER INDIA..., during the yesterdays. Subsequently it was confined to South-India because of the Intervention of Pali, Prakrit and Sanskrit Languages more encouraged by the Kings of those days.

From that form of Classical Tamil, the contemporary Tamil-Neighbour-Languages have developed, it has been proved.

To prove this factor if we observe the ancient forms of other South-Indian Languages from which the present shapes as Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam and Tulu have been transformed ....

...so to say ACHA-TELUGU for Telugu....

...HALE-KANNADA..... for Kannada.....

and EZHUTHTHACHAN-MALAYALAM for Malayalam....

...it is quite undoubtedly obvious that all these Tamil-Neighbour-Languages are....

...Nothing but SENTHAMIZ (Ancient form of Classical-Tamil) sans Sanskrit-words.

// But in my opinion a language becomes rich and will serve the purpose more if it can accept the words from other languages (EX: English). //

Yes. You are correct and that is how any Language can exist...rather SURVIVE ...even under all odds of changing Times.

English is considered as one of the most Advanced and the Richest amongst the International Languages. But...What is its Background?... It is neither a Classical Language ...nor the Ancient !

But Today the whole world accepts it as a Great Language because...

... it is the most ADVANCED and FERTILE..

...with Maxium amount of Vocabulary...

..despite several Lacunae in it .

..especially its Non-standard pronunciations. This Lacunae is peculiar and exists ONLY IN ENGLISH.... Internationally.

And the most noteworthy factor in English is that it has been persistently developed and advanced by means of continuous additions of new words imported from other Languages, without any INHIBITIONS or ORTHODOXY ....unlike other International Languages.....such that invariably the whole world accepts.....that for ADVANCED STUDIES....especially for....SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGICAL Subjects.... English is the MOST BEFIT & APT Language... ... even though it is just an OFFSHOOT Language.... a Mosaic-form of Several Languages and Not a Classical Language...

.. Only because of such ADAPTABILITY..

Luckily Tamil still maintains its Classical Status and presently is spoken by about 14 Crores of people all over the world, mainly because of its Simplicity in pronunciations, with lesser number of Alphabets alongside such other reasons already detailed hereabove.

While I reiterate that every Language has its own Unique Values and Beauty, this main Factor of SIMPLICITY and EASIEST usage status coupled with Abundant Classical Vocabulary is Unparallel in case of Tamil as asserted by the Global Scholars, which are the main reasons for its long survival.

And also the Tamil-speaking people have not been rigid like those mentioned above and have imported words from several foreign Languages, apart from Sanskrit.....and using them profusely.

For example:

¾¢¨ºî ¦º¡ø
    Adopted into Tamil --- Foreign Language Source --- -- Meaning

ºÃ¢-Sari Persian Yes

ƒýÉø-Jannal Portugese Window

À¾¢ø-Badhil Arab Reply

¸Î¾¡º¢-Kaduthaasi Persian Letter

¾¡Ê-Dhaadi Arab Beard

ÍõÁ¡Î-Chummaadu Portugese Sandwitch-Weight-Support for Head

¾¢ÛÍ-Dhinusu Persian Varieties

ƒ¢øÄ¡-Jillaa Arab District

¾¡º¢ø¾¡÷-Thahsildhaar Arab Head of Taluk

ÀÃÅ¡ö-Paravaa Arab To be cared

¾Â¡÷-Thayaar Arab Ready

//My mother tough(Tongue) is Telugu //

Well. Then you will be happy to read .....in this Context.. the two Books in Telugu named

"Nudi-Naanudi" and Thummedhaa-Oka-Saari"

published by Andhra-Pathrika and Andhra-Prabha respectively.

Under those Titles they were published as Serial-Articles in these weeklies about 50 years back.. It was analytic on the Origins of Vocabulary and their present forms comparatively as well as their Proximities and Similarities in the various Dravidian Languages. The presentation was so vivid, lively and photographic that any common Telugu-knowing person will find it easy and interesting. I read zealously every week and learnt much from them.

I will be happy if anybody can fetch them and send to me for which I will bear the cost with whole-hearted GRATITUDE....because they are worthy to possess as Reference-Books.

Post Thanks / Like

R.Srinivasan. (U.S.A) (@ ip68*) on: Mon Dec 8 16:04:41 EST 2

//The Name of a person is decided at the childhood stage by the respective Parents in general just on the basis of their Mother-Tongue but on several other factors, mostly based on their Religion. That aspect is totally irrelevant here.//

In my above-mentioned posting.... in reply to Mr. Terminator.... please read as....

....... Parents in general just ...."NOT"...on the basis of their Mother-Tongue ....

Post Thanks / Like

R.Srinivasan. (@ ip68*) on: Wed Dec 10 14:57:48 EST 2003

"Manhipravaalham" Tamil-Style:

"Á½¢ôÀ¢ÃÅ¡Çõ" ¾Á¢Æ¢¨½-ż¦Á¡Æ¢î ¦º¡ø ¿¨¼, ÍÁ¡÷ þÃñ¼¡Â¢Ãõ ¬ñθÙìÌ ÓýÒ §¾¡ýȢ¾¡¸ò ¦¾Ã¢¸¢ÈÐ. þôÒ¾¢Â ¾Á¢ú ¿¨¼ ÓüÈ¢Öõ ¬ýÁ£¸ Å¢Çì¸ò §¾¨Å¸Ù측¸ò §¾¡üÚÅ¢ì¸ôÀð¼Ð.

§¾¡üÚÅ¢ì¸ôÀð¼ ¸¡Ã½í¸û :--

(1)¬ýÁ£¸Óõ, ºÁÂÓõ,ÌÈ¢ôÀ¡¸ §Å¾-¦¿È¢Ôõ À¡Ã¾ ¿¡Î ÓØžüÌõ ¦À¡ÐÅ¡¸î º¢Ä ¾Á¢ú «È¢»÷¸û §Áø
    Å¢Çì¸í¸Ç¡¸ ÅÆí¸ Óý Åó¾§À¡Ð «Å÷¸ÙìÌ, §Å¾ š츢Âí¸Ç¢ÕóÐõ, ÁüÈ Å¼ ¦Á¡Æ¢î º¡ò¾¢Ãí¸Ç¢Ä¢ÕóÐõ ¾Á¢ú Á¨È ±ýÚõ ¾¢Ã¡Å¢¼ §Å¾õ ±É×õ ¬úÅ¡÷¸Ç¢ý «ÕǢÂø ±É×õ «¨Æì¸ôÀÎõ ¾¢ùÅ¢Âô À¢ÃÀó¾í¸û §À¡ýÈ ¾Á¢ú ¦¿È¢¸Ç¢Ä¢ÕóÐõ ´§Ã ºÁÂò¾¢ø þÕ §ÅÚ Å¨¸Â¡É §Áü§¸¡û¸û ±ÎòÐì ¸¡ðÊ Å¢Çì¸ §ÅñÊ Åó¾Ð.

(2)¾Å¢Ã, þò¾¨¸Â Å¢Çì¸í¸û Óý§À ¾Á¢Æ¢ø ¦ÅÇ¢ ÅóÐûǨŸ¨Ç ŢâרøǢÖõ, ±Øò¾¢Öõ ÀÊòÐì §¸ðÎ «È¢Â ´§Ã †¢óÐ ºÁÂò¨¾î §º÷ó¾ À¡Ã¾ò¾¢ý Àø§ÅÚ ¦Á¡Æ¢ô À̾¢Â¢ÉÕõ ¬ÅÄ¡ö Óý Åó¾ §À¡Ð, þô ¦À¡Ð Ó¨È þýȢ¨Á¡¾¾¡¸¢ Å¢ð¼Ð. ÌÈ¢ôÀ¡¸ ¨Å½Å ¦¿È¢ ¿¡Î ÓØÐ ÀÃôÀô Àð¼§À¡Ð ´§Ã Üð¼ò¾¢ø ¾Á¢Æ÷ ÁðÎÁ¢ýÈ¢ À¢È þó¾¢Â ¦Á¡Æ¢Â¢ÉÕõ ÌØÁ¢Â¢ÕóÐ ¬÷ÅòмÛõ Àì¾¢Ô¼Ûõ §¸ð¸ò ÐÅí¸¢Â §À¡Ð ¡ÅÕìÌõ Òâ¨Åì¸ò¾ì¸ ¦À¡Ð ¿¨¼ §¾¨Åô Àð¼Ð. «ó¿¨¼ ¾Á¢ú ż¦Á¡Æ¢î ¦º¡ü¸û þÃñ¨¼Ôõ ¸Äó¾ ÅÊÅõ ¬Â¢üÚ. þõÓ¨È À¡Ã¾ ¿¡Î ÓØÐìÌõ ¦À¡Ðšɾ¡¸ô Òò¾¸í¸Ç¡¸×õ ¦ÅÇ¢Åó¾É.

(3) þùÅÊÅ¡ø ż¦Á¡Æ¢¨Âò ¾Á¢Æ÷¸Ùõ ¸üÈ¡¸ §ÅñÊ ¸ð¼¡Âõ þýÈ¢ º¢Ä Á¡ÚÀ¡Î¸Ù¼ý ż ¦Á¡Æ¢î¦º¡ü¸¨Ç §¾¡ò¾¢Ãí¸Ç¢Öõ §Å¾ À¡¼í¸Ç¢Öõ ¾Á¢Æ÷¸û ÀÊì¸ Åº¾¢Â¡Â¢üÚ. ¾Á¢Æ¢ø þøÄ¡¾ ż ¦Á¡Æ¢ ¯îºÃ¢ôÒì¸ÙìÌ þ󿨼 ®Î ¸ðÊÂÐ.

Á½¢ôÀ¢ÃÅ¡ÇòÐìÌ ´÷ ¯¾¡Ã½õ :

"¾¢¦ÃªÀ¾¢ Š¿¡¨¾Â¡Â¢ý§É ôÃÀò¾¢ Àñ½¢òÐ."

þ¨ÈÅ¨É Àì¾¢ ¦ºö ÒÈòàö¨Á (¯¼ø Íò¾õ) þýȢ¨Á¡¾¾¡? ±ýÈ ´Õ Àì¾Ã¢ý §¸ûÅ¢ìÌ ¬îº¡Ã¢Â÷ «Ç¢ò¾ Å¢Çì¸õ þ¡ü¸û.

þ¾ý ¸ÕòÐ :

Š¿¡¨¾Â¡ö (ż ¦Á¡Æ¢î¦º¡ø) = Å£ðÎ-Å¢Ä측¸ þÕó¾ §À¡Ð

¢ý¦É = «ý§È¡ (¾Á¢ú¡øÄ¢ý Á¡Ú ÅÊÅõ)

ôÃÀò¾¢ = þ¨ÈÅ§É ¸¾¢Â¡ö (ºÃ½õ) «¨¼ì¸Äõ ÀüÚõ ¦¿È¢.

Àñ½¢òÐ = ¦ºö¾¡û (¾Á¢ú¡øÄ¢ý Á¡Ú ÅÊÅõ).

þùÅÊÅ¢ø ´Õ Å¢§¿¡¾õ ¯üÚ §¿¡ì¸ò¾ì¸Ð. §ÅüÚ ¦Á¡Æ¢Â¢É÷ ¾Á¢ú þÄ츽ôÀÊ ¬ñÀ¡ø- ¦ÀñÀ¡ø,
    ¿¢¸ú ¸¡Äõ-þÈó¾ ¸¡Äõ, ´Õ¨Á-Àý¨Á §À¡ýÈ §ÅÚÀ¡Î¸¨Ç «È¢ó¾¡ø ¾¡ý ÒâóÐ ¦¸¡ûÇ þÂÖõ ±ýÈ ¸ðÎôÀ¡ÊýÈ¢ ¡ÅÕõ ±Ç¢¾¡¸ô ÒâóÐ ¦¸¡ûÇò¾ì¸ Ũ¸Â¢ø ("Àñ½¢òÐ" ±ýÀÐ §À¡Ä)
    Å¢¨É¡ø ÅÊÅõ «¨ÁÂô ¦ÀüÈÐ.

À¡Ã¾ ¿¡ð¼Å÷ ¡ÅÕìÌõ ¦À¡Ð ź¾¢Â¡¸ þ󿨼 ÅÊÅõ §¾¡üÚÅ¢ì¸ô Àð¼¡Öõ, «¾¢¸Á¡¸ þ¨¾ô ÀÂý ÀÎò¾¢ÂÅ÷¸û ÀÄ ¦Á¡Æ¢ô À¢Ã¢Å¢ÉÃ¡É ¨Å½Å÷¸§Ç.

þ§¾ ¦Á¡Æ¢ ¿¨¼¾¡ý À¢ýÒ º¢Ä Á¡üÈí¸Ù¼ý "Á¨Ä¡Çõ" ±ýȧ¾¡÷ ¾É¢ ¦Á¡Æ¢Â¡¸ ¯Õ¦ÅÎò¾Ð.

Post Thanks / Like

R.Srinivasan. (U.S.A) (@ ip68*) on: Wed Dec 10 16:36:24 EST

Dear Mr. Dictionary !

.... Yes.... The Gentleman behind a Dictionary !".....

You can know more about Tamil.... under this Thread..... hereabove...

Further on your criticisms as .....

//what can i say.. tamil language is the funniest ive ever heard u know..no kidding...//

Thanks for your open-minded criticism..... May I know in detail as to ...

What made you feel FUNNY about this Language of high Standard and Values....

as approved so by the duly qualified Global Scholars.....

Is it by means of its Pronunciation.... or....

Inadequacy of Vocabulary....... or....

Sounds UNREFINED and Crude.....or...

The Users you found..... appeared Funny .... or ...

Any other Reason.

Please speak out, so that I can pick-up your point and duly reply on the pertinent aspect.

// i've live in a country in Asia of multi-racial society n people there tend to make fun of the tamil language... u know what.. most non-tamil speakers would never ever dream of trying to learn tamil...//

At Hyderabad, the State Capital-city of Andhra-Pradesh.... deemed to be the capital of Telugu speaking Region of India, that Language Telugu is practically INSIGNIFICANT.....whereas...

we can get on well at ease with Hindi alone..... comparatively better than with Telugu.

.... the local Majority people of the Telengana Region.... were the Oppressed mass of people under Nizam rule..... for Centuries together....

.... Thousands of innocent Telugu Male-members' Organs were cut off at their Boyhood stage... without their prior knowledge...... just as Slaves..... for making them serve in the Nizam's palace... in the name of Hizdas.... so to say callously created Eunuchs. ....

Since these local Telugu people were poor.... became the Victims of the Oppressive Rulers... So they do not have proper status and economical standard.... for want of adequate Education and Employment.... for generations together....... these innocent Telugu people are comparatively much BACKWARD than even the other State people domiciled here....... .

So they are forced to lead a Hand-to-mouth status in the Society in their own land of birth...under the obligation of others...including the domiciled alient state and foreign people!

.....serving them even now... as Servants, Rikshaw-pullers, Coolies etc. mostly .... while the Employers are mostly Hindi-walas from North-India.

So You can imagine.... what respect such local Telugus, including their Language...

.. can hold amongst others..!

Similar case applies to the Tamilians at Singapore....

despite their sizeable extent of population of long ancestry of centuries...

even though Tamil is one of the National Languages there...

you cannot manage with Tamil... but only with Mandarin (Chinese-based Language).....

.... because the Chinese are dominant there... even though of far lesser amount of population

.. even though the Government there was never so callous towards Tamilians like the former.....

but were left uncared for under Poverty and lack of adequate Education....

allowing the foreigner Rich people to dominate over the locals as unrecorded Slaves

So You can imagine.... what respect they and their Language can hold amongst others..!

There are several cases like these, where for want of adequate Humanitarian treatment at par with other citizens....Tamilians are in the lowest Ebb of Life-status Globally...

mainly since the Indians.... especially the Tamilians are ....

Non-Retaliatory, Tolerant and Peace-loving Calm-goers.....

....trusting the Reciprocal-Sincerety of their Masters.....

Whereas for centuries together ... Domicilded Tamilians comparatively have been....

EXPLOITED .... and kept SUPPRESSED.... in several parts of the world.....

as concerned to the people who were taken to such foreign places for employment as Labour...

...but treated as Slaves for ever... and ever...

passing the same to their posterity too,....

leading a miserable life like Beggars in their own Lands of Birth.!

So You can imagine.... what respect they and their Language can command amongst others..!

Besides, the Tamil Language of such people of domiciled origin several centuries back will be far different and even crude, when compared to the Language Standard of their Land of Ancestry.

So anybody should not evaluate the worth of a Language spoken by the domiciled Servant-community of a foreign land.

//.... really tamil don't sounds good at all unlike english, french, arabic, japanese etc //

You can find the Tamil Language of Tamilnadu, or even at the advanced Nations like the US, UK, Australia etc.... especially of the educated elite Society far different and well-refined than the foreign-settled Tamil-Servants' Slang-form.

If you have really came in touch with the Educated Tamilians....

I am sure you will radically change your such a WRONG NOTION and Unfounded INFERENCE...

and baselees CRITICISM on a Language which has been acclaimed to be....

the Classical, Ancient, Fertile, Easiest, Simplest Internationally ....

at par with similar Classical Languages like Hebrew, Sanskrit, Latin, Greek ... and so on.

And I do not support the contention that the TAMIL IS THE BEST LANGUAGE.... No. Not all.

No Language is the Best either Internationally or even Nationally..... so to say in Totality.

Every Language has its own Values, Uniqueness (and some even Great) as also in its Beauty

If anybody poorly judges the worth of an Ancient Classical Language Internationally gaining such unbiased high acclamation from even the Foreign Linguistic-Scholars....

I only.... PITY.... HIM.... ON HIS GROSS IGNORANCE !!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast