Page 79 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is the last Bollywood film you saw ?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Wednesday - writing is nowhere near a "Hey Ram" or "Virumandi". Kamal fans had wanted to see his own written/directed film rather than remake "A Wednesday". I suppose "Marmayogi" didn't happen. So he went ahead and did this. Next (fingers crossed) should be his own film, not necessarily a big-budget film (like Marmayogi).
    ...an artist without an art.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Plum, amaidhi amaidhi :thaNNi theLiching:

I brought bharadhar into this. So perhaps I should try to do a little bit of plain talking.

Till Kaminey I had my doubts about Shahid. But what he did in that movie is better than what Bharath has done so far. I am not exactly sure how to subtract the VB effect,

Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    Idhai sonnA, disappointingly, P_R, you make that oscar joke. I'd have expected that from someone else but from you, it was disappointing.
    Sorry, it was too juicy to resist. I should rein in. Second warning today for me.

Anyway, while I agree opportunities are lower for Bharath, but I have no reason to believe he would have been able to pull off the performance that Shahid manage to in kaminey.

Now for the reverse comparison. Kadhal - Shahid can't do - seems screaming obvious to you (plural). I am not so sure of that. Along with pattiyal, Veyyil is perhaps the other movie I like Bharath best in. Even that I don't see beyond the reach of Shahid. And yes I am saying all this based on 'one' performance directed by an ace director. We will see in a few years how things pan out.

It is my humble opinion that even in the acting department, lack of opportunity, market etc. is the lesser of the reasons.

I have noticeably skirted the 'comparison of averages' argument. Simply because I don't know about indhi averages. But I have to say that there is noticeably average acting even in the best of our directors. We can start right from Naan KadavuL.

Bottomline, I continue to have to grant a 'handicap' to enjoy a Tamil film. I see I have to do that less and less for Hindi films. Heck, I see an ordinary film with cliched moments, like Dasvidaniya, and good or bad...it is in a completely different universe. That is all I am saying.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, k-g, the sad thing is a Marmayogi or marudhanayagam cannot be made here. While people get to burn 60 crores on 2050 Love Story in Bollywood. Appuram En adhu better-A irukkadhungarEn?

Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't understand why u make assumptions all the time???
    We (as per you, the Bolly gang) never went around promoting movies like Love 2020, Yuvraaj etc etc and say Bolly is better because of those craps...

So, P_R, it's you who pattavachufying the Shahid-Barath equation...

Post Thanks / Like
    2000- Bichooo

For every Dev D, there is a kaadhal.
    I was bored in the second half of Dev D (looks around for Thilak and ducks). But if kaadhal is the best we have to compare against it (looks around for Nerd and ducks)

End of day fatigue typing (so I may retract tomorrow)...Kaadhal's endpiece with voice over, ezhuthu, signature a la Bharathiraja, discouraged me from revisiting the film. Elitism alert...I mean how nuanced can such a director be. Good film with greatness being largely incidental than intentional.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalafanz
    Thats ur own allegation(s). I didn't say Kamal Bollywood pitchaila vAzhurAr etc etc bulls**t...
    What I was trying to say is what make the great Kamal to notice A Wednesday and remake it in the first place??? Writing... Exellent writing... On top of that, class performace by Naseer...
    TF, its futile as i tell Anoop too.......do u see me talking to ? :P

btw to other sincere kamal fans like Bala - TF didnt mean anything demeaning abt kamal, he just meant writing standards are so good in hindi that even a great like kamal is inspired to remake them........i take it as a compliment to both bollywood and Kamal
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    So, P_R, it's you who pattavachufying the Shahid-Barath equation...
    Actually my question was rhetorical as I thought the very suggestion that Bharath could do something like that would elicit a giggle and a "aamaam- le" reaction. Backfired real bad

Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    Thats ur own allegation(s). I didn't say Kamal Bollywood pitchaila vAzhurAr etc etc bulls**t...
    What I was trying to say is what make the great Kamal to notice A Wednesday and remake it in the first place??? Writing... Exellent writing... On top of that, class performace by Naseer...
    TF, its futile as i tell Anoop too.......do u see me talking to ? :P

btw to other sincere kamal fans like Bala - TF didnt mean anything demeaning abt kamal, he just meant writing standards are so good in hindi that even a great like kamal is inspired to remake them........i take it as a compliment to both bollywood and Kamal
    Ithai konjam azhuttamA, sathtamA sonnathukku romba nandri.
    Naan Anban, CR-kitta ellAm paatu vAngga virumbala... :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    writing standards are so good in hindi that even a great like kamal is inspired to remake them
    Nah...I like to believe UPO is a quickie he didn't mind trying because he had a gap in his diary. From what we know it is 'ideologically' distant from Kamal's stand. And -something I rue about actually - most of his movies reflect some shade of his political vision - if that's the word for it. I wouldn't read too much into his remaking Wednesday.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sarna's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum, neenga Kaminey'ya romba thookki vachchu pEsura maadhiri irukku It is good... but not great
    Shahid acting in it id also good... but not great ofcourse Bharath cant better Shahid..but there are other guys(say Jeeva) here who can do better than Shahid
    Priyanka's acting is more than good....great... no current kollywood chittugal can better priyanga (ONLY in acting )
    ஊரு வம்ப பேசும்
    அட உண்மை சொல்ல கூசும்
    போடும் நூறு வேஷம்
    தினம்
    பொய்ய சொல்லி ஏசும்
    ஏ தில்லா டாங்கு டாங்கு
    அட என்னா உங்க போங்கு