Page 78 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is the last Bollywood film you saw ?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarna
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    "chennai kadhal" was far more realistic depiction than devd :P
    worst vs best'aa
    yaarunga sonna - chennai kadhal, koodal nagar were examples of brilliant writing and exemplary acting skills - P underscore R-a venaa kaettu paarunga :P .......
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    chennai kadhal" was far more realistic depiction than devd :P

Writing point-ai thaan (oru vazhiyA) concede paNNittaanga-lla.

ippo performance paththi mattum dhaan pEchchu.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sarna's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalafanz
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R
    10 minutes-A. Konjam overA pOyittAinga.
    Seri aduththa thadavai Chennai Kadhal, Koodal Nagar pOndra padanggal ithE festival-a screen panni, audience-a 11 nimisham kai thatta solluvOm...
    murdhaar, jenned, paar-ki-sutta deffet., kutta paai patta paai, abaaroopan ...etcs'ku 12 nimishan kaithatta solluvOm
    ஊரு வம்ப பேசும்
    அட உண்மை சொல்ல கூசும்
    போடும் நூறு வேஷம்
    தினம்
    பொய்ய சொல்லி ஏசும்
    ஏ தில்லா டாங்கு டாங்கு
    அட என்னா உங்க போங்கு

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    DISCLAIMER: A general point I want to address - I am not going to argue with the blanket meisters who take a passing reference to koodal nagar as a testimony for brilliant writing and great performances - I think I can address P_R who has substantive arguments to put forward. I am not in this argument as a "bollywood daddy is greater than tollywood daddy or vice-versa". So, I think I will skip the people who are trying to establish their daddy is bigger.

P_R, yes, I conceded long ago that the average writing in Bollywood is better. (Still, "mere paas kamalhassan hai" -ngaradhu vera vishayam, as Bala(K) would put it )

That is not the question but the cynical attempts to paint everything connected with bollywood > everything connected with kollywood is what I resist - I know you are not saying that, though, so no point addressing that now because I said I will not address people who ARE saying that.
    (Thanks Ricky, solla vEndiyadhai sollittu, solla maateennum solra vitthai kathu koduthadhukkaga!)

So, yes, a Kaminey or Devv D gets appreciated - immediate implication here: kollywood blanketly sucks, bollywood is all time greatest cinema(including all time hollywood, sappan, koria, checkaslovakia etc).
    While comparing Chennai Kaadhal and Dev D, why not compare a Virumandi and Kissaan? Where will this argument go, if we keep discussing in that angle?(Kissaan-nu oru padam vandhudhu recent-A, theriyumA?)

Vishal B> most writers in Tollywood. Conceded. And I know I dont even need to concede it, it is so obvious. Again, I will still say, "mere paas kamal hai". I am not so convinced on Kashyapa munivar still. Generation gap, may be .

But BS_Kappoor-ai ellaam associative glory-la glorify pandradhu dhaan....

Bharath showed his potential in Pattiyal and other movies, and the reference to koodal nagar was wishful thinking on what koodal nagar could have been, afterall, it does deal passingly with one brother copping the impact of the others' doings. The reference was to say that where a BS_K gets a Kaminey, Bharath gets a koodal nagar. How can you even compare then? Ofcourse, for cynical people, this is an opportunity to make a half baked point on Dev D > some random ordinary movie in tollywood. Thanks, I didnt know that before

The kambi argument is very meritorious and I know that Bharath can simply try to scale the potential he has by dissociating from mass movies, even if he has to starve for that. Especially considering that he will never be Ajith or Vijay, except in his mother's dreams, may be. But that is a trap kollywood lays, and he is just another victim. Idhai sonnA, disappointingly, P_R, you make that oscar joke. I'd have expected that from someone else but from you, it was disappointing.

BS_Kapoor clearly didnt mean it the way you did, he clearly said that the A certificate means young fans of his cannot watch the movie lamentingly - I mean, it was either like he didnt understand what the final product was and why it wasnt fit for kids' consumption, or he probably thought they should have made it for kids, too. I read it, you didnt so I dont expect you to understand where I am coming from.

This comment is meandering so let me try to add more later

Post Thanks / Like
    Everytime a film gets appreciation in a film festival, 10 minute standing ovation etc is reported. In tamil magazines, this happened for Paruthiveeran/Ram, when those movies won those awards - sarvadesa pada vizhavil 10 nimida AravAra kaithattal etc. For bollywood, the same kind of reporting happens in English. avLO dhaan difference. IdhaiyellAm, naan appovum(PV/Ram) serious-A eduthukkala, ippovum serious-A eduthukka mudiyala.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R
    chennai kadhal" was far more realistic depiction than devd :P

Writing point-ai thaan (oru vazhiyA) concede paNNittaanga-lla.

ippo performance paththi mattum dhaan pEchchu.
    Next kamal-directed movie varattum, appo pEsalAm.

Hey Ram vandhappO, bollywood was being sandhi sirichufied at(Rani Mukherjee gave an interview - in the last 3 years, each year I have acted in milestone movies, 1998 - KKHH, 1999 - Hey Ram, 2000- Bichooo ). For every Dev D, there is a kaadhal. best vs best discussion goes nowhere. The important point(which only PR makes here among the bolly gang here) is that the average bollywood movie has better writing.

Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aaa Ooo-nA Kamal... Kamal... Yes, I agree he's a good writer... But, avar-E Hindi padanggaL-a "remake" pannumbOthu, ingga sila pEr, seri vEnA vitturuvOm... Cheers to all

Post Thanks / Like
    OhO - ippo Kamal kooda bollywood pichaila dhaan vAzhurArA?

Kaminey - idea by a nigerian film school student, large parts of his script retained
    Maqbool, Omkara - Seshappa Iyer remake
    Love Aaj Kal - remake of thousand Yash Raj movies with some hollywood romantic drama thadka added

Ipdi sollikittE pOgalAM/
    What can you say to people who question Kamalhassan's creativity?

Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats ur own allegation(s). I didn't say Kamal Bollywood pitchaila vAzhurAr etc etc bulls**t...
    What I was trying to say is what make the great Kamal to notice A Wednesday and remake it in the first place??? Writing... Exellent writing... On top of that, class performace by Naseer...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sarna's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    The important point is that the average bollywood movie has better writing.
    I completely agree with this point
    ஊரு வம்ப பேசும்
    அட உண்மை சொல்ல கூசும்
    போடும் நூறு வேஷம்
    தினம்
    பொய்ய சொல்லி ஏசும்
    ஏ தில்லா டாங்கு டாங்கு
    அட என்னா உங்க போங்கு