Page 188 of 207 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2067

Thread: Which is the last Bollywood film you saw ?

Post Thanks / Like
    SS, naan dooty-la romba strittu. kadhaiyellAm ozhungA irukkaNumnu edhirpArppEn. innoru trip pOdAmayA pOyiruvAn.

MADDY, padaththai vidunga kazhudhai kadakkudhu. pAttai paththi sollunga.
    "ippadi dhaan solluvEn, eventualA pudichirum" 'ngra pattern-la idhu illai. D6 also same problem.
    It is not just the difference. Like even RDB was different from Lagaan. It took time but it was so enjoyable after that.

There is something fundamentally different in the structure of songs in D6 and now in R..is what I think.

pAttu-nA ippadi dhaan irukkaNumnE nee yEn edhirpArkkurE?...appadinnu kEkkura mAdhiri.
    Center nenachA thookkungO, center nenachA eRakkungO type-la irukku.

So the ones I eventually end up liking are the ones that are closer to the familiar framework of what 'songs' are - needless to say, they are far from vanilla.

To a large extend VTV also same problem.
    OmanappeNNE....naduvula varum nasal malayalam completely puts me off (retro sound..enna vENA sonaalum). Start aavuradhukkuLLa pOdhum pOdhumnu aayidum...seekkiram paaduyyA-nRa maadhiri. And I can't help thinking of nenjinilE (aapil-orange enRaalum). udanE kEkkuradhai niruthittu anga skip paNNiruvEn.

Same thing with Hosanna...it sounds different at every turn and I know that's what makes it special. But I pretty like it when the song is in flow (don't know how to explain this!). And these are the only two songs I can weakly say I like, in that album.

As I don't trust my understanding in these things, sariyA dhaan pEsuranA-nu validate paNNikkiRadhukkAga kEkkuREn
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    Cobain-A? avarukku vauttu-vali-yAm. Gene (Kiss) Simmon's reaction to his death: "Good I can sell more records".
    but he was found dead with gun in his hand....probably it must have been his pain, angst that led to this but for such a popular musician to commit suicide was like maalai malar local tabloid news - "avar vayithhu vali kaaranamaga tharkolai seidhu kondadhaaga therigiradhu" ....more than what meets the eyes
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY View Post
    Rockstar-kku enna korachal??? Rockstar is one of its kind movie - climax ellam kaaviyam, oviyam etc .......not a single scene/frame did the director try to reach out to gallery.........
    I tried watching Rockstar. I'm still trying. Eyes tying.
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R View Post
    SS, naan dooty-la romba strittu. kadhaiyellAm ozhungA irukkaNumnu edhirpArppEn. innoru trip pOdAmayA pOyiruvAn.
    rockstar sathyama othhu varadhhu ungalakku......

Quote Originally Posted by P_R View Post
    MADDY, padaththai vidunga kazhudhai kadakkudhu. pAttai paththi sollunga.
    "ippadi dhaan solluvEn, eventualA pudichirum" 'ngra pattern-la idhu illai. D6 also same problem.
    It is not just the difference. Like even RDB was different from Lagaan. It took time but it was so enjoyable after that.

There is something fundamentally different in the structure of songs in D6 and now in R..is what I think.

pAttu-nA ippadi dhaan irukkaNumnE nee yEn edhirpArkkurE?...appadinnu kEkkura mAdhiri.
    Center nenachA thookkungO, center nenachA eRakkungO type-la irukku.

So the ones I eventually end up liking are the ones that are closer to the familiar framework of what 'songs' are - needless to say, they are far from vanilla.

To a large extend VTV also same problem.
    OmanappeNNE....naduvula varum nasal malayalam completely puts me off (retro sound..enna vENA sonaalum). Start aavuradhukkuLLa pOdhum pOdhumnu aayidum...seekkiram paaduyyA-nRa maadhiri. And I can't help thinking of nenjinilE (aapil-orange enRaalum). udanE kEkkuradhai niruthittu anga skip paNNiruvEn.

Same thing with Hosanna...it sounds different at every turn and I know that's what makes it special. But I pretty like it when the song is in flow (don't know how to explain this!). And these are the only two songs I can weakly say I like, in that album.

As I don't trust my understanding in these things, sariyA dhaan pEsuranA-nu validate paNNikkiRadhukkAga kEkkuREn
    puriyudhu, "ennamo edho" madhiri rahman yen podala-nnu kekkureenga .....JK, even im loving HJ songs nowadays.......simbly superb.....

the way i read AR and have loved him so far, the layman AR fan way......in 90s, more than his pallavis, it was his anupallavis that used to get people flat..........imagine, thee thee pallavi and how anupallavi is a gush of harmony -
    oru viral thottu vaiththathe
    uyir varai suttu vaiththathe

mukkala muqabla,,,.....

and then anupallavi is the chilling

"lovekku kaavala, badhil nee sollu kadhala" .....if u see, almost all his songs in 90s were like this.......

post bombay dreams experience, rut started settling in - as per his 90s fans........tehzeeb-la oru paatu, meherbaan, meherbaan-nnu othha vaarthaya vechhu oru full paattu......lyricist-kku karpanai michham.......tehzeeb also had this lovely, "aap ko mujhse" song where the sweet was kept in the charanams - absolutely counterpointing and delightful charanams......oonjal-la aatti vidara madhiri irukkum.......but by then AR stopped giving the "anupallavi" sweet....we had to search for it, deeper somewhere.......

post slumdog and Delhi-6, we are seeing unbeleivable number of tweakings genre wise, song strucuture wise, instruments usage, chord progression.....sometimes, we are unable to identify where the "sweet" is kept - no more "anu pallavi" sweets and no more "charanam sweets" .....listen to tu muskura from yuvraaj, the song goes mundane with all synth beats and a catchy tune till the end of 2nd charanam where the rythms take a u-turn with a spellbinding hindustani aalap......anga nikkruaaru saar, avaru.......Delhi-6's rehna tu is ecstasy - variations of tune, instruments, pitch, scale and what not.....its more of the variations he shows with the same base that is perceived as the "goody" by his fans post SDM and D6.........naadan parindey in rockstar - nadaan parindey ghar aaja line-kke evalavu vidhamana tunes and how it is different from each other......kun faya kun, its again the rythm is so good......the antara starts off so poignantly
    Sajra savera mere tan barse
    Kajra andhera teri jaan deewa

and culminates to

Katra mila jo tere dar barse
    O maula…
    Maula….. a…

a 90s AR fan will not expect a song to come to dead halt at

Ho mujhpe karam sarkar tera
    Araj tujhe kar de mujhe
    Mujhse hi riha
    Ab mujhko bhi ho deedar mera
    Kar de mujhe mujhse hi riha, mujhse hi riha

we find it uncomfortable - AR tests our patience but bounces back with enchanting tune in next lines...
    Mann ke mere yeh bharam
    Kachche mere yeh karam

sheher mein is a catchy tune - whichever way u look at it......i dunno how someone cannot like it if they have heard it.......even in lesser films like komaram puli, amma thale song was a assault of variations, counterpoints, melancholic chord progressions........

all in all, he has changed the way he gives the goodies to audience.......he is looking at different ways to capture listener's hearing period and in the process loses some people like you and most of his 90s fans.........maybe the goodies he gives nowadays are not good enough for you guys......the more he evolves and the more he changes, its going to be difficult to read him but im sure, fans will find ways to be enthralled.......he himself says, the moment he gives a song that is "uncomfortable" to him, he knows whether his fans would like it or not and changes it accordingly - oru understanding-la poittu irukku.....
    Last edited by MADDY; 20th June 2012 at 11:33 PM.
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    its not movie..album...

COCKTAIL..

am damn sure One of the best album of tis year.. ellam sema songs.. ketta udane ellam paattum pidikkuthu..

Pritam na summava..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove View Post
    I tried watching Rockstar. I'm still trying. Eyes tying.

master piece-aa? mokkai piece baa adhu

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post

+1...

pothuva padam naduvula thaan paattu varum...aana rockstar movie la paattu naduvula thaan padam odum..

aana athu kooda sagikka mudiyatha kathai....

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks MADDY. Will keep your post open and give the songs you mentioned a listen.
    pudikkalainnA koodaiyum, yEn pudikkalainnAvadhu puriyum.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post

+1..Remembered ur post..wanabe kolity film athu unmai..climax thaan nalla irunthuchu (the last shot)
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY View Post
    rockstar sathyama othhu varadhhu ungalakku......

puriyudhu, "ennamo edho" madhiri rahman yen podala-nnu kekkureenga .....JK, even im loving HJ songs nowadays.......simbly superb.....

the way i read AR and have loved him so far, the layman AR fan way......in 90s, more than his pallavis, it was his anupallavis that used to get people flat..........imagine, thee thee pallavi and how anupallavi is a gush of harmony -
    oru viral thottu vaiththathe
    uyir varai suttu vaiththathe

mukkala muqabla,,,.....

and then anupallavi is the chilling

"lovekku kaavala, badhil nee sollu kadhala" .....if u see, almost all his songs in 90s were like this.......

post bombay dreams experience, rut started settling in - as per his 90s fans........tehzeeb-la oru paatu, meherbaan, meherbaan-nnu othha vaarthaya vechhu oru full paattu......lyricist-kku karpanai michham.......tehzeeb also had this lovely, "aap ko mujhse" song where the sweet was kept in the charanams - absolutely counterpointing and delightful charanams......oonjal-la aatti vidara madhiri irukkum.......but by then AR stopped giving the "anupallavi" sweet....we had to search for it, deeper somewhere.......

post slumdog and Delhi-6, we are seeing unbeleivable number of tweakings genre wise, song strucuture wise, instruments usage, chord progression.....sometimes, we are unable to identify where the "sweet" is kept - no more "anu pallavi" sweets and no more "charanam sweets" .....listen to tu muskura from yuvraaj, the song goes mundane with all synth beats and a catchy tune till the end of 2nd charanam where the rythms take a u-turn with a spellbinding hindustani aalap......anga nikkruaaru saar, avaru.......Delhi-6's rehna tu is ecstasy - variations of tune, instruments, pitch, scale and what not.....its more of the variations he shows with the same base that is perceived as the "goody" by his fans post SDM and D6.........naadan parindey in rockstar - nadaan parindey ghar aaja line-kke evalavu vidhamana tunes and how it is different from each other......kun faya kun, its again the rythm is so good......the antara starts off so poignantly
    Sajra savera mere tan barse
    Kajra andhera teri jaan deewa

and culminates to

Katra mila jo tere dar barse
    O maula…
    Maula….. a…

a 90s AR fan will not expect a song to come to dead halt at

Ho mujhpe karam sarkar tera
    Araj tujhe kar de mujhe
    Mujhse hi riha
    Ab mujhko bhi ho deedar mera
    Kar de mujhe mujhse hi riha, mujhse hi riha

we find it uncomfortable - AR tests our patience but bounces back with enchanting tune in next lines...
    Mann ke mere yeh bharam
    Kachche mere yeh karam

sheher mein is a catchy tune - whichever way u look at it......i dunno how someone cannot like it if they have heard it.......even in lesser films like komaram puli, amma thale song was a assault of variations, counterpoints, melancholic chord progressions........

all in all, he has changed the way he gives the goodies to audience.......he is looking at different ways to capture listener's hearing period and in the process loses some people like you and most of his 90s fans.........maybe the goodies he gives nowadays are not good enough for you guys......the more he evolves and the more he changes, its going to be difficult to read him but im sure, fans will find ways to be enthralled.......he himself says, the moment he gives a song that is "uncomfortable" to him, he knows whether his fans would like it or not and changes it accordingly - oru understanding-la poittu irukku.....
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila