Page 186 of 207 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2067

Thread: Which is the last Bollywood film you saw ?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nerd....Padam paathacha

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bearing in mind I haven't seen the originals, out of the all the recent Southern remade cop films, my liking order is.

1. Rowdy Rathore (RR)
    2. Force
    3. Singham

It was tough deciding between the former two but I definitely knew Singham would be last. From the promos I liked Singham the most and not RR, but after watching the respective films my views have changed. Kudos to Prabhu deva for resurrecting Action Kumar.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    Ek Mein Aur Ek Tu - Thoo.

[Saw only the first 30 mins, adhukku mEla evLo ry pannaalum mudiyaadhu]
    Kinda liked the film masterpiece ellam illai..nice time pass movie
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    Relady Rathore: Don't angry me

Not bad. Padam Ragalaiya dhan irunduchu. Akshay kumar'kku paravalla comedy nallave varudhu. Sonakshi Singaaaa . Love at first sight madhiri i am fan at first sight since seeing dabangg intro. Crowd was enjoying it very well.

You’re strongly welcome
    Sonakshi summa gumnu iruka surprised that shes not bother abt her weight
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber tamizharasan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked Kahaani. But the movie borrowed lot from several movies especially Ray's Charulata that I could easily remember. Vidya Balan is excellent in this movie. The movie is very engaging that I hardly get in Hindi movies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shanghai

I don't usually go for these kinda movies. This movie should not be missed.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw Shangai. I have always liked Dibakar Banerjee's films and Shangai is no exception. His way of detailing his characters is very good and I guess thats the reason we get to understand his characters in flesh and blood. Well the performances do help in this regard. But just that Dibaker strikes an extra chord in terms .So in the almost every character has been etched in a very vivid manner.

Pluses

Dibaker banerjee's direction- A very predictable story, but not once are we left at lurch. He's made sure that he keeps the audience attention in check. Moreover his intelligent use of subtle humor even in places of frim is commendable. The enquiry scene where a boy enters a room to catch his basketball completely oblivious to the fact that an investigation's going on , followed up by how both Abhay and kalki slip on the wet floor are all testimony to this.

Abhay Deol- another portrayal that this guy can be proud of. Its not easy to portray a man who's seemingly calm but has a storm brewing over in the inside and abhay nails it perfectly. His body language is remarkable throughout and half of the credit should go I guess again to Dibaker. His portrayal of a tamil guy is way better than the disdainful stereotypes we've seen over the years

Emraan hashmi- It was a good performance...possibly the guy's best and it does work in the favour of the movie

Half a dozen great performances - Supriya Pathak, Prosenjit chatterjee, Pitobash Tripathy, Farooq Sheikh

Minuses-

Kalki Koechlin- Be it the character or the portrayal. Possibly the weakest link of the movie . There is one redeeming scene in the end though, that actually elevates her character from gross uni- dimensionality , but just

Songs- Two item numbers. Well that's what I call them. They had no purpose what so ever.
    Last edited by Arvind Srinivasan; 15th June 2012 at 08:58 AM.

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rowdy rathore is far better than Siruthai..

No more mokkai..

Punch dialogue na semma..

1. Jo mein bolta hoon woh mein karta hoon, joh mein nahi bolta.. woh main definitely karta hoon!

2. Apun ka fatka, char sau chalis ka jatka

3. Saale jahan Amol Palekar banna chahiye, wahan Shakti Kapoor banjata hai

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VTV View Post
    3. Saale jahan Amol Palekar banna chahiye, wahan Shakti Kapoor banjata hai
    Akki's both characters had me in stitches LOL He's a complete revelation in this movie and his comic timing is simply flawless but he balances it well with the superb action scenes. Take a bow Akki Sir!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Srinivasan View Post
    Just saw Shangai. I have always liked Dibakar Banerjee's films and Shangai is no exception. His way of detailing his characters is very good and I guess thats the reason we get to understand his characters in flesh and blood. Well the performances do help in this regard. But just that Dibaker strikes an extra chord in terms .So in the almost every character has been etched in a very vivid manner.

Pluses

Dibaker banerjee's direction- A very predictable story, but not once are we left at lurch. He's made sure that he keeps the audience attention in check. Moreover his intelligent use of subtle humor even in places of frim is commendable. The enquiry scene where a boy enters a room to catch his basketball completely oblivious to the fact that an investigation's going on , followed up by how both Abhay and kalki slip on the wet floor are all testimony to this.

Abhay Deol- another portrayal that this guy can be proud of. Its not easy to portray a man who's seeming calm but has a storm brewing over in the inside and abhay nails it perfectly. His body language is remarkable throughout and half of the credit should go I guess again to Dibaker. His portrayal of a tamil guy is way better than the disdainful stereotypes we've seen over the years

Emraan hashmi- It was a good performance...possibly the guys best and it does work to the favour of the movie

Half a dozen great performances - Supriya Pathak, Prosenjit chatterjee, Pitobash Tripathy, Farooq Sheikh

Minuses-

Kalki Koechlin- Be it the character or the portrayal. Possibly the weakest link of the movie . There is one redeeming scene in the end though that actually elevates her character from gross uni- dimensionality , but just

Songs- Two item numbers. Well that's what I call them. They had no purpose what so ever.
    Nice Analysis

Bang on about the humor. I'd like to add the scene when Emran tells Kalki not to sit on the bed. Subtle and very funny!

WRT the songs, I feel Shanghai and Kahaani (also by VS) are some what similar. As films, they both have little or no songs and nevertheless the OSTs are on par with the films. The two depts. i.e. story and music both excel with perfection for the respective films. It's a pity they could not be merged, but it's understandable.

Hear the BGM of Shanghai - http://soundcloud.com/mikey-mccleary...lm-soundtrack/

Absolute Stellar! Mikey McCleary (Lucky Ali's bro in-law)