Page 138 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2067

Thread: Which is the last Bollywood film you saw ?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it was directed by one Mr. Rajat Mukherjee, but you're right, I remember liking it somewhat. Guilty as charged.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of his recent films, I thought Naach was undeservedly bashed and binned. And would I qualify as RGV-ian if I admit to have liked some aspects of Nishabd?
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by equanimus
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    but no one asked u ridiculous questions like will u expect a movie for vivek oberoi or surya ......
    I was the one who directed the jab at you, so let me first admit that I like Vivek Oberoi myself! avaraiyum Surya'vai vida pudikkumA 'nRadhaith thAnga appadik kEttEn. I mean, it was not at all about picking a straw man in Vivek.
    be careful (naa enna sollikitten) ....sorry, i felt u were mocking me that i would put surya below a listless vivek as well......sathyama, ennadhaan surya lesser favored-a irundhalum, i like him better than vivek......saathiya theatre-la paatha bad experience dhaan ......

Plum, do u know RGV makes fun of AKashyap for borrowing from foriegn movies ......
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes, I liked Naach actually. I still think it's underrated. One of the early films (albeit post-Yuva) in which I found Abhishek impressive.

But, the case with Road is different, I suppose. To have liked it is quite an embarrassment!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by equanimus
    But, the case with Road is different, I suppose. To have liked it is quite an embarrassment!
    In my defence, I had the option of watching XXX (Vin Diesel movie) again or to watch RGV-labeled "Road". Having bunked classes in my first year of engineering, I had no choice but to watch "Road", XXX would be a stretch to relieve again. Come to think of it, I found the film enthralling for Manoj Bajpai, who I had always liked. Btw I also quite like his "Aks" which released about a year earlier. I'm of course a bit guilty of not admitting my likeness for both these films in Fublic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    sathyama, ennadhaan surya lesser favored-a irundhalum, i like him better than vivek......
    Oh yes, a no-contest. Surya is simply leagues ahead. Actually, that Surya agreed to do this part in the first place really surprised me, considering that he's pitted against an actor of much smaller stature.

Post Thanks / Like
    kid-glove,
    Yeah, Manoj Bajpai was one of the foremost reasons for sure. And it was after all just one of the sishyappuLLaigaL, so was never particularly fond of it. But recently, I happened to watch a few minutes towards the end of the film, and felt a tinge of regret!

And same pinch on Aks too!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dhairyama sollanum - road(for bajpai, whom I also consider very good) nishabd in parts were not bad. Actually, aag had its moments. Chumma sholay holy cow-ngaradhaala remba ottittanga.aagey se rightlaam watchable, aag worst movie of the decadenu avainga solluvainga adhellaam kandukkapadaadhu.

Rgv's best movies seem to have had anurag kashyap, jaideep sahni etc as writers, though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Plum,
    ungaLukkuLLa ippadi oru RGV fan thUngittu irukkaRadhu theriyAmap pOchchE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    Rgv's best movies seem to have had anurag kashyap, jaideep sahni etc as writers, though!
    Actually, RGV is out on a deadly mission to dislodge this notion (that the writing is the key for a film) for the past 4 or 5 years. Which is why, I think, his films started to have increasingly trashy premises/content.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another reason for liking Road is bit characters with quirky demeanor like Raaz, Deshpande and Rajpal Yadav*. A RGV trademark!

*I read RGV praising Yadav for the expression in "Company" in latest blog post.